Worst acquired items.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 9th September 2013, 22:30

Worst acquired items.

I just found THE most disappointing acquired item. I was playing as Ice elementalist dragon who had black scales.

I found very early aquirement scroll when reading scrolls with 1 stack to make more room for some food.

I decided that I won't need weapon, but nice hat, boots or gloves would be nice. (probably acquiring jewelry would have been more useful on hindsight)

Anyway I had no idea you can get plain gloves from scroll of acquirement. I guess you shouldn't aquire armor slot till you have found helmet, gloves and a cloak. I didn't even know you could get not enchanted items from scroll of acquirement.
Last edited by siprus on Monday, 9th September 2013, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 9th September 2013, 22:45

Re: Wort acquired items.

How is gettin more AC bad?? Seriously, that is very far from "worst" of armour acquirement: you actually got something that right away adds to your character's survivability.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 9th September 2013, 22:57

Re: Worst acquired items.

In next dungeon level if found 3 gloves. One with enchantment +1.

Anyway I thought acquirement tries to give you an useful item or at least good (good item which might not be useful for your character). If you happen to have better, well then though luck. I thought armor of random resistance with no enchantments was the worst thing it could give. (or basic ring you haven't run into before depending which you consider worse.) Sure armor of type you are never gonna use is worse than gloves, but at least in theory it's good item for some character.

I also kinda assumed that acquirement wouldn't give you stuff which might encourage stocking acquirement until you have found certain item (even though those items are something you generally find before your first acquirement scroll.

I also thought that bad unqiues it gives you are just bad luck with stat generation, and it actually tried to generate you artifact which should do more good than bad.

minmay wrote:Acquirement routinely gives negatively enchanted armour with no ego. I've gotten a -2 wizard hat, for example.

That is some though luck. I can't remember last time i got negatively enchanted stuff from acquirement which didn't at least have some ego.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 10th September 2013, 00:11

Acquirement can still give you bad items -- it's intentionally included. it's just that good items have more (statistical) weight.

learndb gives a good summary:
1. Will give you a random item moderately likely to be better than a random item off the ground! See also ??<type> acquirement, where <type> is book, staff, weapon, jewellery, armour, misc, gold, food, wand, ammo, e.g. weapon acquirement.
2. Do not use over lava or deep water! What kind of item would you like to acquire? (\ to view known items) Something appears before you! You hear a sizzling splash.
3. should be renamed to scroll of disappointment

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 8th November 2013, 07:22

I've got a robe of misfortune.
I guess it was because I worshipped Ash, anyway, it is the worst aquirement ever, hands down.
my posts are to be read in a mildly playful tone, with a deep, sexy voice.

Sewers Scotsman

Post Friday, 8th November 2013, 08:10

I got a box of matches. Worse still, when I opened it all the matches had already been used.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 8th November 2013, 09:36

Worse yet, one was still burning and now you are on fire.

+0 Gloves are far better than shit like this though;
  Code:
x - the cursed -5 pair of gloves of the Were-rabbit (worn) {Dex+2 Dam-7}.

Code:
    _You drop the -7 cloak of the Chupacabra {rPois rF+}.
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

For this message the author Bloax has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 8th November 2013, 18:38

Lol @ those gloves :D .

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 8th November 2013, 21:36

Recently, unless I'm worshipping Sif Muna (or Trog), I've been mostly using acquirement on books, it seems to have a pretty good chance of giving spells you don't already know in the magic schools you do know. Still not guaranteed to actually be useful though.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 9th November 2013, 04:54

Shields.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner