Early Dungeon Deaths

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 26th July 2013, 13:10

Early Dungeon Deaths

I tend to die most often in the early dungeon.(Curse you, D:1 jackal pack!) If I get a character to lair, that character will make it to zot.
Am I the only one who finds the early game to be harder than the late game?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th July 2013, 13:15

Re: Early Dungeon Deaths

I guess you play casters/Mu mostly or other characters who are weak early and become stronger later. Try TrMo and let me know if you still think late game is easier than pre-Lair ;)

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 26th July 2013, 13:19

Sandman25 wrote:I guess you play casters/Mu mostly or other characters who are weak early and become stronger later. Try TrMo and let me know if you still think late game is easier than pre-Lair ;)

Point. I almost never do melee, but I highly doubt that trolls would fare well late game.
Still, I find it to be odd. With casters, the game seems to have a difficulty slide. You get better at the game, and the game gets easier.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 26th July 2013, 15:08

khalil wrote:
Sandman25 wrote:I guess you play casters/Mu mostly or other characters who are weak early and become stronger later. Try TrMo and let me know if you still think late game is easier than pre-Lair ;)

Point. I almost never do melee, but I highly doubt that trolls would fare well late game.
Still, I find it to be odd. With casters, the game seems to have a difficulty slide. You get better at the game, and the game gets easier.

Right. That's why I never play pure casters any more ;)

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 26th July 2013, 15:33

Go play this and tell me the late game isn't just as easy as the early game.
Spoiler: show
it is

it really really is

it's terrifying

Make sure it's 0.13 where the effect of stats on attacks are doubled compared to <=0.12 though.
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 26th July 2013, 18:50

Book backgrounds are not particularly weak early...in fact I'm pretty sure DECj is one of the most guaranteed D:1 survival builds and it kicks ass early game (all game as a matter of fact).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner