Thread of Crazy Spell Brainstorming

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 18th July 2013, 20:13

Thread of Crazy Spell Brainstorming

I was thinking it would be fun to have a thread of crazy new spell ideas, ranging from sane and well thought-out to hilariously stupid. In the same way some of our bad ideas ended up being pretty good, maybe some insane spell concepts might turn out to be workable.

Venom Trail (Poison L3): Clouds of mephitic gas are generated behind you as you move for an amount of turns determined by spellpower. (Think Singed from LoL.)

Boots/Barding of The Charge (Evokable Item): As Controlled Blink, but attacks any enemy in a line between your start point and destination according to your weapon. Distance travelled increases according to evocations, starting at 2 squares and maxing at the Controlled Blink radius. Generates glow as Cblink, requires boots to recharge as the new evokables. Similar to Liquid Leap from SlashEm http://nethack.wikia.com/wiki/Liquid_leap (Originally I considered it as a spell, but had trouble placing it.)

Wall of Ice (Ice 8): Generates a radius of stationary, destructable ice tiles around the caster. The generated tiles can only replace empty squares, not monster squares or dungeon walls. They can be destroyed by attacking monsters, generating a freezing cloud, and melt after a few turns.

(I also want to thank whoever came up with some of my favorite new spells: Inner Flame, Ring of Flames, Fulminant Prism, Twisted Resurrection, Malign Gateway, oh and the brilliant new Skald spells... nice work!)
Last edited by rosstin on Thursday, 18th July 2013, 21:27, edited 4 times in total.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 18th July 2013, 20:21

Re: Thread of Crazy Spell Brainstorming

Isn't this a thread for Crazy Yiuf's Corner?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 18th July 2013, 20:47

As much as I love this idea and think it SHOULD happen, I do think the common protocol for spell brainstorming is to do it on the wiki unless I am mistaken, which is unfortunate since I don't think people check the wiki as often.

Maybe there could be a middle brainstorming ground between GDD and CYC, for the vague but not inherently stupid threads?
Three wins: Gargoyle Earth Elementalist of Ash, Ogre Fighter of Ru, Deep Dwarf Fighter of Makhleb (0.16 bugbuild :( )

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 18th July 2013, 20:56

I just thought it could be fun to do lightheartedly. I'm fine with doing it at Crazy Yiuf's, it's no big to me.

For this message the author rosstin has received thanks:
TeshiAlair

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 18th July 2013, 22:26

Disarm (Level 7 Translocations/Charms): Blink target monster's weapon to a square in LOS. Checks MR. Useful against monsters with dangerous weapons such as distortion brands.

Lee's Rapid Construction (Level 7 Conjuration/Earth): Place a wall on a target empty square for a limited number of turns. Duration varies with spell power, ranging between 1 and 10 turns.

Levitate (Level 5 Hexes/Air): Lift a target creature up into the air for a limited number of turns, during which they cannot move but can still attack. Checks MR. Has no effect on flying creatures.
Wins: DEWz^Veh (4 runes), DEWz^Veh (15 runes), DEWz^Sif (3 runes), HOBe^Trog (3 runes), MiDK^Yred (3 runes), DECj^Sif (4 runes), GrBe^Trog (3 runes), DECj^Vehu (3 runes), MiFi^Wu Jian (3 runes), DEFE^Veh (3 runes), DEFE^Veh (15 runes)

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 18th July 2013, 22:41

Tukima's Ballroom Blitz (Level 8 Hexes): All weapons within LOS (including weapons wielded by enemies) animate and become dancing weapons for a set period of time. Weapons that leave your LOS fall to the ground, duration and max number of weapons determined by spellpower.

Fist of Fury (Level 6 Transmutations/Earth): Your weapons and gloves merge, and you gain a melee punch attack that causes struck enemies to be pushed backwards. Enemies have a chance to resist based on HD and size. Enemies take additional damage if they strike a wall or another enemy.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 01:09

Well, crazy and lighthearted brainstorming is what GDD is all about, right?
kekekela is my in-game name

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 03:18

Demon Binding (Level 9 Hexes): All demons in LOS must roll against your spellpower, those that fail are enslaved as the spell/wand.

Wrest Control (Level 7 Hexes): All summons in LOS roll against your spellpower. If they fail, you gain control of them.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 03:30

Alchemy magic school.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 03:34

Need spells for the book featured in this thread : Xom's Anthology of Talent.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 09:31

This does seem more suited for CYC. Aren't threads in GDD supposed to be for single, well thought out proposals? A brainstorm thread, by definition, doesn't seem to fit.

That said, I love brainstorming :mrgreen: Here's some comments:

rosstin wrote:Boots/Barding of The Charge (Evokable Item): As Controlled Blink, but attacks any enemy in a line between your start point and destination according to your weapon. Distance travelled increases according to evocations, starting at 2 squares and maxing at the Controlled Blink radius. Generates glow as Cblink, requires boots to recharge as the new evokables. Similar to Liquid Leap from SlashEm http://nethack.wikia.com/wiki/Liquid_leap (Originally I considered it as a spell, but had trouble placing it.)

This sounds similar to a Jump Attack ability someone proposed. I think a lot of people considered it overpowered.

A scaled down version that might be more acceptable would be similar to the alligator's "burst of speed". Probably works better as a brand instead of a spell as you say.

FalconNL wrote:Disarm (Level 7 Translocations/Charms): Blink target monster's weapon to a square in LOS. Checks MR. Useful against monsters with dangerous weapons such as distortion brands.

I like this. Seems a bit high level though considering it's dual school and has limited utility.

Klown wrote:Alchemy magic school.

Yes!

There's the idea that the Poison school lacks depth/diversity, so rolling it into a new Alchemy school might make sense. Some Tmut spells like Sticks to Snakes and Ignite Poison would probably make more sense thematically in Alchemy as well.

For this message the author DracheReborn has received thanks:
Klown

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 10:34

DracheReborn wrote:
Klown wrote:Alchemy magic school.

Yes!

There's the idea that the Poison school lacks depth/diversity, so rolling it into a new Alchemy school might make sense. Some Tmut spells like Sticks to Snakes and Ignite Poison would probably make more sense thematically in Alchemy as well.

Exactly! :)
Look familiar?

Spoiler: show

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 11:50

DracheReborn wrote:This does seem more suited for CYC. Aren't threads in GDD supposed to be for single, well thought out proposals?

Yes.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 13:14

Klown wrote:Exactly! :)
Look familiar?

Not exactly what I had in mind :lol:

I was imagining the Alchemy school to be full of strange brews and transmogrifying elements, and leave the human transmutation stuff to the Tmut school.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 15:58

DracheReborn wrote:
Klown wrote:Exactly! :)
Look familiar?

Not exactly what I had in mind :lol:

I was imagining the Alchemy school to be full of strange brews and transmogrifying elements, and leave the human transmutation stuff to the Tmut school.

Yeah that stuff too. ;)
They just see to co-exist sometimes. :o

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 20:53

Condemn (high level? Necromancy) - places a timer on a target, if you kill the target before the timer reaches 0, you are healed with amount of HP dependant on how much HP the target had while you placed the damnation on it, if you fail to kill the target before the timer is gone, you are tormented/harmed dependant on target's HD

Conjure Boulder (Conjurations, Earth) - creates a fast moving boulder in the direction of the spell, which damages any creature in its path (the exact damage taken dependant on the speed of boulder) and moves it away (like trample, if the boulder fails to move the creature away, it either rebounces, or stops), can rebounce from a wall, slowing a bit, and will finally stop moving all together, creating a blocked tile (like a plant, you can see over it, but not shoot or walk through it, it should be indestructable/have much HP and AC)
You slash the rat with your +7 +5 cursed slightly rusted very sharp meteoric steel demonic flaming triple sword of speed and pain covered with various bloods and vomit. The rat is not hurt.
The rat bites you.
You die…

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 21:57

Maxwell's Silver Hammer (Conjurations, Earth, hexes?): Launches a silver hammer at the target. Size, damage, and silver fraction of damage dependent upon spellpower (size is flavor-only). Because I really think this reference needs to show up again in SOME form.

Weapon Merge (Transmutation, Charms?): Fuses your hand with your current weapon, or otherwise makes it part of your body. +ACC, +Speed, increase to minimum damage, effectiveness increases with spellpower. Obviously means you cannot switch weapons while your weapon is fused, and it takes time to cancel the effect.

Baleful polymorph (Hexes, Transmutation, high level): Malmutates enemy instead of performing the usual HD-related polymorph.

Microwave (Hexes, Fire): Assaults the target with microwaves, making the water in their body heat up and messing with their abilities. If they reach critical heat, they have a chance to explode in a wet mess (blood everywhere). Doesn't affect undead, lava orcs (whose blood chemistry is massively different), or non-living targets. Very much a joke spell, albeit a possibly useful one.
The abyss isn't a toilet...
Confidence Interval wrote:Though if you find yourself there you may well conclude that you have been emmerded, to misuse a French term.

The sheep explode! Xom roars with laughter!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 20th July 2013, 07:05

alter hue: changes the color of anything

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 20th July 2013, 07:23

Grimm wrote:alter hue: changes the color of anything

This would be great to use against ugly things :)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 20th July 2013, 08:34

Hurt (lvl 1 Necromancy) - beam-targeted, slightly damages target with negative energy, resistable with rN, but heals undead instead of damaging them (even zombies and skeletons are healed a bit, so you can use it to boost your army)

Burning Hands (Fire, Transmutations/Charms) - gives you a fire brand for unarmed attacks

Ozocubu's Weaponry (Ice, Fighting) - melds any wielded item and creates a weapon made of pure ice in your hand which will freeze your opponents, the type of weapon dependant on your highest weapon skill, base accuracy, damage and delay are dependant on spellpower, as is the duration of that spell, you gain normal bonuses form weapon skills
You slash the rat with your +7 +5 cursed slightly rusted very sharp meteoric steel demonic flaming triple sword of speed and pain covered with various bloods and vomit. The rat is not hurt.
The rat bites you.
You die…

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 20th July 2013, 15:04

red_kangaroo wrote:Ozocubu's Weaponry (Ice, Fighting) - melds any wielded item and creates a weapon made of pure ice in your hand which will freeze your opponents, the type of weapon dependant on your highest weapon skill, base accuracy, damage and delay are dependant on spellpower, as is the duration of that spell, you gain normal bonuses form weapon skills

That actually sounds interesting. A nice change from Blade Hands and allows for transmuters to use weapons. Name needs some work... how about "Ozocubu's Armory"?
The abyss isn't a toilet...
Confidence Interval wrote:Though if you find yourself there you may well conclude that you have been emmerded, to misuse a French term.

The sheep explode! Xom roars with laughter!

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 20th July 2013, 16:10

rosstin wrote:Venom Trail (Poison L3): Clouds of mephitic gas are generated behind you as you move for an amount of turns determined by spellpower. (Think Singed from LoL.)

Code:
You start to sweat a vile substance that evaporates quickly into mephitic gas.

:)

Orb of Slime (Alchemy :) ) - on hit deals acid damage (possibly disenchanting armour) and spreads sticky slime in 3x3 square that glues the creatures that are stading or enter that area to the ground (they can attac or take other actions, but cannot move unless they rip free), the slime persists dependant on spellpower

Temporal Blink (lvl 8 Translocation) - beam-targeted, MR resistable; target creature disappears in cloud of translocation gas and reappears on the same tile or on the nearest unoccupied tile in X turns (X dependant on spellpower), while away, the creature cannot do anythink and all effect affecting the creature are suspended until it reappears, the spell basically blinks target into future :) could be possibly useful to get rid of the most dangerous foe and kill its suite first, or to TBlink any creature and retreat/teleport away until it reappears

Banshee Wail (Necromancy) - irresistibly damages all creatures in LOS (sonic damage like Singing Sword) but undead (so the player may be damaged also unless he is undead), undead are instead buffed (like orcish battle cry)

Implosion (high level Conjuration) - smite-targeted, damages creatures in large area around the targeted tile, the exact damage dependant on spellpower and proximity to the targeted tile (creatures nearer to the tile take more damage), also tries to move all affected creatures towards the targeted tile

Malmutate

Death Touch (lvl 9 Necromancy) - range 1 torment

Control Demon

Vacuum (Air) - creates an area which persists dependant on spellpower, all creatures in the area take suffocation damage (rDrown does not help, but unbreathing does)

Edit:
Psiblade (Charms) - gives temporary psionic prefix to any wielded short or long blade, giving it the ability to confuse on hit
  Code:
This spell imbues your blade with the power to cut through mind and soul of your victims.

Contagious Sleep (Hexes) - beam-targeted, MR resistable; targeted creature will fall asleep and any creature (including caster) that was or came near the affected sleeping creature or that woke the affected creature can also be affected, the MR check becomes harder as there are more affected creatures in vicinity
The rat bites you.
You die…

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 20th July 2013, 20:29

red_kangaroo wrote:Temporal Blink (lvl 8 Translocation) - beam-targeted, MR resistable; target creature disappears in cloud of translocation gas and reappears on the same tile or on the nearest unoccupied tile in X turns (X dependant on spellpower), while away, the creature cannot do anythink and all effect affecting the creature are suspended until it reappears, the spell basically blinks target into future :) could be possibly useful to get rid of the most dangerous foe and kill its suite first, or to TBlink any creature and retreat/teleport away until it reappears

I really like this idea. Blink targets into the future! I think it could be lvl 5 translocations, or lower even. It's a niche spell but it would be useful for getting rid of leader-type characters for a while.

OTOH, http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Teleport_Other fulfills a similar role...

Wizlab Walloper

Post Sunday, 21st July 2013, 02:02

I love the Implosion spell. It would be nice to have a level 9 pure conjuration...

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 30th July 2013, 20:59

Solar flare: Blinds or confuses enemies in all adjacent tiles. DBZ FTW!! :o

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 2nd August 2013, 13:13

Slimeglide (Alchemy) - Choose one of the eight directions; you start to move in a given direction and won't stop until the way is blocked by some obsatcle (wall, statue, monster, ...). You move with a speed boost as with swiftness and can't deliberately stop, but you can make use of any other action while still moving. You also leave a trail of temporary mucus on tiles you have glided over. But beware, you won't be able to stop yourself without some obstacle, so gliding in a direction of lava pool in really BAD IDEA!
This spell basically allows you to move and do something at the same time. For example, you can cast Slimeglide, press up in a long corridor and glide away from a monster while casting one Poison Arrow after another. You can flee and kill the chaser at the same time. This could be extremely useful for e.g. nagas, while spriggan would gain no speed boost (Or am I wrong and they gai some speed from swiftness?) but could still cast/shoot/meele (with careful planning) while moving.
Also, you leave a trail of mucus that stays on the ground for a while and it can be used to repeat the effect of the spell again and again, until it disappears. When you step on the mucus, you will continue moving in that direction on the next turn and you'll also be enabled to employ any other action than moving. Unfortunately, monsters can also use your mucus. Fortunately, with a lava pool, you can force any monster to swim in magma.

Code:
### ### ### ### ### ###
... ... .@. .@. .@. .@.
..c .@c .+c .+c .+. .+.
.@. .+. .+. .+. .c. .+.
=== === === === === c==

In the first image, centaur is beating the player and player casts slimeglide. In second image, player glides and casts destructive magic on centaur. In the third, player stops gliding as he hit the wall. In fourth, centaur starts fleeing. But sadly, he steps on the mucus and starts gliding (fifths image) and ends in lava pool (depicted by =).

Trail of Miasma (cca lvl 7 Poison,Transmutations) - I like the idea of player making use of greater clouds of miasma and borrowing the concept of trail of confusion, it could even be something like balanced. :D The core of this spell is: Don't stop running and your enemies will rot to dust. Stop and you will share their fate!
  Code:
You start to sweat a vile substance that evaporates quickly into putrescent gas.

I hope at least some of the spells proposed in this thread are going to be implemented one day in the far future. :D
The rat bites you.
You die…

For this message the author red_kangaroo has received thanks:
CykusX

Wizlab Walloper

Post Friday, 2nd August 2013, 13:51

Since it's level 9, I think Death Touch could leave the target with 1 HP (since Torment isn't quite "Death", and Agony already does that...)

Dis Charger

Post Friday, 2nd August 2013, 14:14

Let's add death spells from D&D to add some spice.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 6th August 2013, 21:03

All explored items on the level jump into your pack. I call it... Mapportation.
Wins: DsWz(6), DDNe(4), HuIE(5), HuFE(4), MiBe(3)

Dis Charger

Post Tuesday, 6th August 2013, 21:12

Or all items from the whole dungeon are apportated into your inventory and the more doesn't fit the stronger is the junk explosion

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 6th August 2013, 23:49

If you're having junk explosions you should see a doctor.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 01:21

Soul Fletcher (level 4 Necromancy): Loosely based on the idea of using magic for arrows. This grants you a buff similar to and incompatible with Death Channel. Whenever you kill a living, non-demonic/holy creature, an arrow appears in your inventory or on the ground. This arrow is the transformed soul of what you killed, and when fired by a bow, sling, or bolt (no need to be restrictive, it's magic) it deals phantasmal damage based on the HD of the monster it was made from. Ineffective against holies/demons, or any anything without a soul (so it will work on ghosts, mummies, and lichs, but not zombies). The arrow will disappear after being used or after some time.
Optional: If the trapped soul knew any spells, it may randomly casts one upon hitting them. This was in my original idea, but it might be hard to balance.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 01:30

Grimm wrote:If you're having junk explosions you should see a doctor.

It's not me, it's what will happen to the character. It's just a game, so it's ok. He can just drink a potion of heal wounds.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 17:26

Rapid Arrow Retrieval (Translocations L4)
All arrows, stones, bolts, javelins, missiles in LOS travel in a straight line into the caster's inventory, doing damage to anything standing in between them and you.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 17:53

Wings of fire

Level 4 Transmutations/Fire, (Charms/Fire(?))

Duration-based buff, lets you fly over obstacles, randomly may leave clouds of fire in your wake, monsters standing in the two squares opposite the direction which you move may be subjected to a "throw flame" type damage spell. When moving the first movement you take in a given direction is 10% slower, each successive movement in the same direction on consecutive turns increases your speed by 10%, maximum speed 50% faster than normal (After moving 6 squares in the same direction). Taking a turn to take any other action than moving in the same direction (or moving in a different direction) resets the speed counter back to 110% of normal.

(Otherwise known as "Iskadrun's Jetpack" :)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 19:54

Just give Force Lance a chance to move the player instead of the target.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 21:24

You mean player has to move (his pelvis) in order for his force lance to work "properly"?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 21:41

No, that is not what I meant.

I interpret player spells to be word based, as opposed to gesture based or thought based. For some reason, silence still works on Gastronok, even though he casts by waving antennae instead of by speaking words of power.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 21:53

jejorda2 wrote:Just give Force Lance a chance to move the player instead of the target.

That just makes force lance harder to use and doesn't accomplish the goal of the spell. This is intended to provide a tactical escape spell with the *possibility* of doing damage, rather than something that *always* does damage with the *possibility* of putting a little distance between your target and yourself.

Dis Charger

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 21:53

jejorda2 wrote:For some reason, silence still works on Gastronok, even though he casts by waving antennae instead of by speaking words of power.

Probably a bug

Wizlab Walloper

Post Wednesday, 7th August 2013, 23:05

No, he's a slug, not a bug. ;)

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 20th August 2013, 12:10

Bolt of Filth (Conjurations, Alchemy) - Beam-targeted, shoots a bolt that deals low damage, but causes a special status. While under the effect of the status, the 'filthy' creature will take more damage from all elements (but it does not increase meele/pure conj damage).

Phasewalk (Hexes, Charms, Translocations) - You gain invisibility and swiftness for a short time. Additionally, you can 'phase' through impassable obstacles one tile thick. E.g. you can walk through statues, walls, closed doors etc. But if you are standing in a wall and try to go deeper (to a wall tile that does not adjoin an open tile), you won't be able to do so. Also, if the effect ends while you are still phasing, you are pushed to the nearest open tile and take heavy damage. The effect also ends immediately after you attack anything.

Phaselock (Hexes, Translocations) - Targeted creature becomes intangible for a short time, so it can move and act normally, but neither it nor its abilities and spells can harm or physically affect other creature. Summoning and most mind-affecting spells (like Hexes) are still functional, but Conjurations are not. Beam-targeted, cannot self-target.
The rat bites you.
You die…

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 21st August 2013, 20:50

Noise: Everything in LOS starts to scream uncontrollably.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 22nd August 2013, 18:20

Rotting Touch/Beam (poison/necromancy)- causes the target to lose Max HP, demons and undead are immune.

Gravity Pull (Translocation) - pulls target creature to you and reduces its physical damage mitigation to zero for 1-2 turns.

Massive Gravity Well (Translocation/conjuration)- pulls everything to target location and causes collisions which deal damage based on the items and sizes of creatures. Rate of pull is based on Spellpower, max 3 tiles, per turn for 2-3 turns.

Xom's Disjunction (Translocation)- randomly teleports every item and creature to a new location on the current dungeon floor.

Punt - Mildly annoys large/gigantic creatures but can send small/tiny creatures sailing 5-20 tiles causing extra damage if they hit a wall. You score 3 points if the creature goes between two pillars/statues/etc.
It is all fun and games until Xom tosses you into the Abyss.

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 23rd August 2013, 11:55

cholinesterase inhibition. (hexes)
causes everything in LoS to repeat it's previous action and causing you to run out of mana (since you repeat your previous action).
Causes int and dex drain.

For this message the author Grandiloquent Gentleman has received thanks:
Amnesiac

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 26th August 2013, 00:52

Apportation should affect monsters.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 26th August 2013, 14:35

Rename Teleport Other, let it be called Deportation. :D
The rat bites you.
You die…

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 27th August 2013, 06:46

new monster: mexican orc

Sewers Scotsman

Post Tuesday, 27th August 2013, 07:50

Grimm wrote:new monster: orc border patrol agent

ftfy

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 27th August 2013, 11:50

red_kangaroo wrote:Slag 'Em (Conjurations, Alchemy) - Beam-targeted, shoots a bolt that deals low damage, but causes a special status. While under the effect of the status, the 'slagged' creature will take increased damage from all elements (but it does not increase meele/pure conj damage).

Or let it be Poison spell, dealing some poison damage and the 'slagged' status. This way it can be useful even through extended, as demons cannot be poisoned but can be slagged. The damage multiplier could be dependant on spell power.

A kind of tactics: slag Cerebov, fire-storm Cerebov. :D
The rat bites you.
You die…
Next

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner