New Item Proposal: Schwa's Coffee Mug

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 09:22

New Item Proposal: Schwa's Coffee Mug

Putting this in Yiuf's corner because it's only half-serious.

Make an item themed after me in Crawl, guys! Schwa's Coffee Mug. Because I am a coffee fiend.

It's essentially a one-use "fixedart potion" if you can imagine it-- you'll only find a max of one of these per game, if even that. The effect of using it grants a set of temporary mutations that all last a few thousand turns before disappearing: Swiftness 1, Regeneration 1, Flexible Muscles 1, Fast Metabolism 1, Deteriorating Body 1. A mixed bag of pros and cons that accurately depict my coffee-colored lifestyle: live life right now and don't stop just because you're tired.

Of course... if they were (ever) to add this item to the game, they'd have to add items themed after other Crawlbies to be fair, wouldn't they? Naturally. SO, let's have a discussion! Tell us what sort of special Crawl item there would be if it were named and themed after you, and explain what the item would be and do (whether it's an equipment item like a weapon or jewellery, or if it is a usable item like a potion or wand etc.). Your item ought to be actually believable if possible, meaning if it were honestly in the game the game would still feel and play like Crawl, and your item should also represent you in some way, again if possible. Other than that the sky's the limit. Let's see what people can come up with. :)

On a side note I don't actually expect coffee to ever make it in, sadly. It'd be amazing if it did, but yeah ^^;;
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 09:33

Re: New Item Proposal: Schwa's Coffee Mug

The potion should make you immune to Sleep also.

My item would be SandWitch, it has 50% chance to give you effect of potion of brilliance or potion of "stupidity" (your Int has -5 penalty, your magical skills are drained like in trunk). It stacks with potion of brilliance. To make it balanced, the food cannot be eaten unless you are very hungry and see an extremely dangerous monster.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th July 2013, 19:03

Re: New Item Proposal: Schwa's Coffee Mug

Hedgefox's potion of reversing

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner