Duvessa Is the Donald Trump Of The Tavern

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 19:20

Duvessa Is the Donald Trump Of The Tavern

duvessa wrote:"Would lead to annoying dilemmas" reflects the opinion of exactly 1 dev who added those mostly-incorrect elaborations to that page a few years ago. The consensus is much closer to this: dual wielding doesn't lead to new strategic decisions, because there's already a special mechanic that lets you forgo a shield in order to get more damage. It's called two-handed weapons.

duvessa wrote:Vehumet's spell gifts are garbage. She always starts by giving you low-level conjurations that are already obsolete, and by the time you start getting potentially useful spells you would be getting equally potentially useful spells from Sif too if you're training magic skills (which you would be doing with any character where vehumet/sif are reasonable choices).

duvessa wrote:it's hard for me to take this complaint seriously when you're pointing at spellbook descriptions that are so bad in the first place. the one in the OP reads like something from a 10 year old boy's rpg maker game. the whole point of purging these descriptions is to improve the flavour, not "remove flavour" (how that's even supposed to be possible is beyond me) and the idea that there's some campaign to "streamline" crawl is nonsense in the first place, because equally ridiculous descriptions are added all the time, nevermind all the new mechanics/monsters/items/spells that show up with every version.

duvessa wrote: You make an entire thread for no reason other than to spew bile about me and accuse me of driving people away, which is of course bullshit because unlike you and dpeg, DracoOmega was overall an awesome dude.

duvessa wrote: I’m pretty sure most people’s problem is with dpeg (even if they don’t realize it), who does next to no coding (even stated as such in the wiki) and is the main “idea” guy.

Problem is, he’s a sperg and has proven time and time again he is willing to let his creative vision get in the way of good design decisions. I have no problem telling him he sucks, especially after how he has treated the community in the thread. He doesn’t even contribute that much to the development process, he mostly implements vaults created by other people and probably spends the rest of his time dreaming up his magical turtle race that can’t wear armor, but can strap up to 10 shields on their back!

duvessa wrote:No, but it would've sounded nicer to say "don't post your terrible ideas in completely unrelated threads"

(Disclaimer: Many of these are taken out of context, duvessa is actually a great guy, this is nothing more than cherry picking for laughs, please don't start drama.)

Can we get a thread of minmays best moments? I feel like I've missed a lot of duvessa's greatest roastings and most memorable memes and would love to see a compilation if possible.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 19:25

Re: Duvessa Is the Donald Trump Of The Tavern

I wish Trump would speak about his sexy elf dreams more often.

For this message the author Zooty has received thanks: 4
Arrhythmia, duvessa, Tiktacy, WingedEspeon

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 20:08

Tiktacy wrote:
duvessa wrote: You make an entire thread for no reason other than to spew bile about me and accuse me of driving people away, which is of course bullshit because unlike you and dpeg, DracoOmega was overall an awesome dude.

duvessa wrote: I’m pretty sure most people’s problem is with dpeg (even if they don’t realize it), who does next to no coding (even stated as such in the wiki) and is the main “idea” guy.

Problem is, he’s a sperg and has proven time and time again he is willing to let his creative vision get in the way of good design decisions. I have no problem telling him he sucks, especially after how he has treated the community in the thread. He doesn’t even contribute that much to the development process, he mostly implements vaults created by other people and probably spends the rest of his time dreaming up his magical turtle race that can’t wear armor, but can strap up to 10 shields on their back!
Hey, don't take credit away from the people who actually said those!
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10546&p=145680#p145680
https://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/whisper-farewell-when-you-leave-gimli#comment-832

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 20:13

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Tiktacy

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 20:26

duvessa wrote:
Tiktacy wrote:

Hey, don't take credit away from the people who actually said those!
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10546&p=145680#p145680
https://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/whisper-farewell-when-you-leave-gimli#comment-832

Oh shit my bad!

Sorry about that duvessa, I must have made a mistake when cutting the quotes.

I guess if you the Donald Trump of the tavern, that would make me the media now wouldn't it? :lol:
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 20:39

Tiktacy wrote:I guess if you the Donald Trump of the tavern, that would make me the media now wouldn't it? :lol:
...did i take a wrong turn and end up in reddit without noticing?

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks: 3
Tiktacy, WingedEspeon, yesno

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 20:53

So what exactly is he going to make great again?

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 21:09

Sar wrote:So what exactly is he going to make great again?

The wiki maybe? :?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 26th April 2016, 21:32

I wish someone would build a wall around CYC and make tileschat pay for it

For this message the author Rast has received thanks:
Tiktacy

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 03:15

Yeah man we all know about tavern poster goes to the doctor

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 05:27

we're gonna build a yoooge wall around the mines and make the orcs pay for it
"No one should have two lives / Now you know my middle names are wrong and right / But baby there's no guidance / When random rules"

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 06:15

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Sar

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 06:24

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people, Tavern minds discuss Crawl.

For this message the author Sar has received thanks:
Rast

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 06:44

lethediver wrote:Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

What if I discuss all 3? Does that put me in like, a schrodinger's cat sort of position, or what?

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 06:54

Sar wrote:Tavern minds discuss Crawl.

Only the greatest minds can partake in the intellectual arena that is GDD. Only the best and brightest go there to fight for their ideas and move through the gauntlet of burning passion and opposition to prove to others that they deserve to be next in line to join the exclusive and sacred guild known as the Dev Team. This is the true nature of GDD, and by extension the tavern.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 08:08

i would actually play a magical tutrle with no armor but 10 shields strapped to its back

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 08:14

volteccerjack was the ted cruz of tavern
"No one should have two lives / Now you know my middle names are wrong and right / But baby there's no guidance / When random rules"

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 15:04

Tiktacy wrote:
Sar wrote:Tavern minds discuss Crawl.

Only the greatest minds can partake in the intellectual arena that is GDD. Only the best and brightest go there to fight for their ideas and move through the gauntlet of burning passion and opposition to prove to others that they deserve to be next in line to join the exclusive and sacred guild known as the Dev Team. This is the true nature of GDD, and by extension the tavern.

what kind of pleb posts in forums other than cyc

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 18:21

>nerdgame forum "celebs"
>considered to be some sort of novelty
>mfw

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 27th April 2016, 20:45

Hah, man that VC ban was outrageous. Talk shit about a guy then ban him for getting offended over it, then taunt him after the ban! Classy! And then he doesn't even have the decency to stick around and remind us of how right he was.

At least dpeg is still kind enough to keep gloating about the removal of mountain dwarfs now and then. #BringBackMD2016 #MakeCrawlGreatAgain #DontVoteforTrumpSeriouslyGuys #DontBanMeBro #DowanSucks #HashtagOverUse #IDontEvenHaveATwitterAccount #AmIDoingThisRight

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
duvessa

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner