Ice portal?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd February 2011, 19:38

Ice portal?

I don't know if this was a wizlab, but I found this portal to an ice cave full of simulacra and ice beasts. It was a cakewalk for my fire reaver who melted everything with throw flame.

The downside: the loot was literally every ice book in the game (it seemed like) and I had like skill 12 in fire magic :(.

At least I found the basic magic book with blink and meph. cloud, although by this point (cleared Lair, Orc and Hive) I'm not sure Meph Cloud will be useful long enough to warrant making room for it - I'd have to forget something else like abjuration to get it.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 23rd February 2011, 20:21

Re: Ice portal?

You were lucky. Most of the times I find an ice cave the loot is just lame, maybe having a few weapons of freezing which my character doesn't need because he's either a spellcaster or has a better weapon already.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 23rd February 2011, 20:33

Oh, the other good thing in there was a cloak of cold resistance. So it wasn't a total wash.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 24th February 2011, 09:59

Yesterday I found the same portal, the loot was:
- 200+ gold
- a runed gloves +2a
- a staff of cold (the third that I've found in this round)

:(

And I've killed a f*cking ice dragon to take these items!
I'm only a shadow that is dancing in a whirlwind of white rose petals

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 24th February 2011, 11:17

Also found ice cave yesterday was hardest i seen yet.

Entrance was guarded by 2 ice devil this should have warned me of danger inside.

It was a big cave system with long coridors between rooms at first it was fine just few simulacrum + ufertubus but then i found ice statue unfortunately my wand of fire was low on charges had to finish it with +4 +6 flaming sabre.

Later rooms had ice devils and freezing clouds apearing in corridors between them. Lost most of my potions before final room with ice fiend and 3 ice devils+ simulacrums. Stabbed 2 devils before the rest woke up. then the hell broke loose. Ice fiend imediately tormented me which with other atacks dropped my health on low from full in 1 turn. Used rest of my potions and all trogs abilities to barely survive with 8hp left.

Loot:
1500g+
some randart staff
staff of cold
some enchanted gloves spriggans cant use
crystal ball

dont think it was worth all the potions i had.
The flail fails to defends itself.
You open the flail like a pillowcase!!!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 24th February 2011, 15:29

I got the easy kind a couple of games ago, the one with three large rooms each with a few ice statues, and a handful of ice beasts in the first one. A SpVM with IOOD clobbers ice statues if you can duck out of line of sight, which this vault layout allows...

Loot was nothing special, but then the vault wasn't either.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2011, 20:55

I did a horrid ice cave the other day which 50% or so of the tiles in the cave had freezing clouds on it. After the first swath of freezing clouds you fight a couple ice devils. Then more freezing clouds this time with ice demons right in them so you have to lead them back out. Then freezing clouds and smoke so you can't see where you are going.

The final vault had like 3 items in it. Admittedly one of the items was a randart. I used none of the items. Now, because I didn't have conservation I left all my potions at the entrance. So had to wander through all the freezing clouds again. Would not recommend to a friend.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner