DavionFuxa's Gaming Channel

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 4th February 2013, 05:15

DavionFuxa's Gaming Channel

Hello All!

For those who haven't stumbled onto any of my Let's Play videos or otherwise clicked the links in the individual threads I posted located in the 'YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too' board, I am an active Let's Player. By this I refer to the recording of video game play of me playing various games with my commentary being added in during the course of the game play.

This of course also includes Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Videos, for which I recorded several hours worth of game play. I have already compiled several Playlists made already on my YouTube Channel for Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup videos for viewing, and I will likely both record more Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Let's Play videos and compile Playlists for them in the near future when version 0.12 is done. Additionally I will be actively soon trying to do Live Broadcasts of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup on Twitch. My Gaming Channel on these sites can be accessed from the links below.

DavionFuxa's Gaming Channel on YouTube
DavionFuxa's Gaming Channel on Twitch

I plan to use this thread to both list all the various Playlists that I have created on YouTube, as well as to announce when I am beginning new ones. I also plan to post announcements for when I plan to do Live-streaming Broadcasts on Twitch.

DavionFuxa
Last edited by Davion Fuxa on Monday, 4th February 2013, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

For this message the author Davion Fuxa has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 4th February 2013, 05:15

Re: DavionFuxa's Gaming Channel

Here is a list of completed playlists for memorable playthrougths of DCSS, found on YouTube.

Version 0.9.0

***Mountain Dwarf Earth Elementalist of Fedhas Madhas** - Failed Run: Decaying, Serpentine, Silver - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

Version 0.10.3

***Felid Venom Mage of Sif Muna** - 3 Rune Win: Barnacled, Serpentine, Slimy - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

Version 0.11.0

***Hill Orc Priest of Beogh** - Failed Run: Abyssal - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz
***Ghoul Fighter of Ashenzari** - 5 Rune Win: Decaying, Serpentine, Abyssal, Silver, Golden - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz
***High Elf Warper of Okawaru/The Shining One** - 5 Rune Win: Decaying, Gossamer, Slimy, Silver, Abyssal - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

Version 0.12.0

***Mummy Necromancer of Sif Muna** - 3 Rune Win: Barnacled, Decaying, Silver - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz
Last edited by Davion Fuxa on Saturday, 6th July 2013, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:

For this message the author Davion Fuxa has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 7th February 2013, 08:31

Hey there. =) I planned on doing a co-op playthrough of Crawl with UnPlayedAThing using this layout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFSb-mqe84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8l5WuBPyzY

It was designed for Webtiles, and is to be composed using VirtualDub and Camtasia. All the coordinates are there.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 7th February 2013, 16:20

If you are looking to do some sort of Co-op with DCSS with me, not really interested. Thank you for the thought though.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 09:52

Davion Fuxa wrote:If you are looking to do some sort of Co-op with DCSS with me, not really interested. Thank you for the thought though.

No, I don't plan to do a co-op play right now. =) I just suggest you a layout: perhaps you will find it useful.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 2nd May 2013, 19:11

Just a quick update then that since version 0.12 is now out I will be quickly looking to getting back into doing some Let's Plays for Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Most likely after I do a couple more recordings for Left 4 Dead 2 I will start a new playlist of me playing in the new version.

I'm wondering though if I should attempt to try and do my Let's Play's more so on Webtiles then the downloaded installed version? I'm looking for input from people who may want to watch the videos on whether they may want to see the videos recorded live or even to chat with me as I go about playing. Feel free to post those comments here in this thread or PM them to me or whatnot.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 7th May 2013, 01:02

Didn't get any response here so I'll just stick with the downloaded version of the game for my Let's Plays - for now at least. I've recently finished up my videos in other games and have begun to delve into a full-out Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup run. Feel free to watch my videos as I play the new version of 0.12 for the first time.

The videos can be found in this playlists: 2013 Let's Play 1* DCSS 0.12.1 - Minotaur Priest

Hopefully I'll get a good run in to show off the game - if not manage to win it. So far I've managed to fight my way down to the entrances of the Orcish Mines and Lair. Many Hill Giants roam the floors from the entrance with the Temple to the Lair but I'll get them soon. In the Orcish Mines I turned back initially due to encountering an Orc High Priest, but I've made decent progress fighting my way down through the Lair and have cleared out half of it.

Videos will get compressed and uploaded as fast as possibly, so feel free to subscribe to DavionFuxa's YouTube Channel.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 7th May 2013, 01:14

Seems to me like it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to do one on Webtiles. Adding in the chat may be nice but anyone who wanted to see that could just spectate a game anyway.....

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 7th May 2013, 02:04

prozacelf wrote:Seems to me like it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to do one on Webtiles. Adding in the chat may be nice but anyone who wanted to see that could just spectate a game anyway.....

It may be better just to ignore Webtiles and fall-back to my original idea of making use of Twitch to do a Live-stream - course I'm not sure I could videos for YouTube while broadcasting the video but I think people can still re-play videos to watch on Twitch.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 7th May 2013, 07:01

Doesn't Youtube have livestream that can later be uploaded to your channel? Seems like the best of both worlds.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 7th May 2013, 14:31

cerebovssquire wrote:Doesn't Youtube have livestream that can later be uploaded to your channel? Seems like the best of both worlds.

I'll have to look into it - I believe it involves Google+ though which is one of the reasons I stayed cleared it for now.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 15th May 2013, 01:12

After a few deaths with a few other combinations, I eventually survived the Early Game on my recent Mummy Necromancer.

The run can be viewed here: 2013 Let's Play 2* DCSS 0.12.1 - Mummy Necromancer

I solemnly promise not to delete this one by accident; no guarentee's I won't get the character killed though. I'll probably produce a CIP when I have a Rune.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 18th June 2013, 01:55

The run is complete and done. It is over and I'm happy - first real run with Mummy, first win with Mummy, and last real run with Mummy.

View the thread here for the Morgue file:

https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8375

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner