Do you unconsciously roleplay your characters?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 15th December 2012, 07:16

Do you unconsciously roleplay your characters?

I'm playing a TrBe right now and I feel like I'm playing pretty badly. I don't think to use escape items until it's almost too late, I forget things about enemies that I should be taking into account...I feel like the only reason this char is still alive is that...well...he's a troll, he can take a beating. But while thinking about some of my encounters so far, I keep finding myself going "I'd never have done that if I were playing a spriggan".

Do you find yourself playing recklessly with certain species/classes and cautiously with others, even when switching gears would be a better idea? Does the way you imagine your character's mindset to be affect how your mindset works when you play that character?

Eringya's Employee

Post Saturday, 15th December 2012, 08:58

Re: Do you unconsciously roleplay your characters?

There should be an IQ test prior to picking your combo. You are eligible to play a species with starting INT <= IQ/10
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 15th December 2012, 14:50

I recently had a YAISD (I = incredible) when my HeGl succumbed to poison. I had a potion of heal wounds left! As my recent chars were trolls, trolls and trolls again who easily overcome poison by intrinsic regeneration I'm not used to deal with this problem.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 15th December 2012, 16:40

I definitely do that - especially with TrBe. Hydra? Berserk! Smash!

I've never been disappointed losing a TrBe.

My recent HEAE was primarily melee-ing well before he was prepared to, because GODDAMNIT HE WAS A BATTLE-MAGE. He wasn't a "ninja", but before he did a Zig, he couldn't kill a Pan Boss either. I charged into Cerebov and Gloorx, guns blazing, and didn't bother to "ninja" a rune until I was fleeing at 1/3 health, stunned, just positively STUNNED, that Cerebov wasn't dying to my wrath.

With the same character in the Zig, I almost refused to pick up a pre-crafted Pearl Dragon Armour because HE WORKED HARD TO BUILD THAT +6 MOTTLED. Luckily a friend complain-forced me to get it, and it grew to +6 by the end of the Zig. I later became ecstatic about one final EA scroll in Zot:5 because it brought the PDA to +10, or "completed".

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 16th December 2012, 16:49

TehDruid wrote:There should be an IQ test prior to picking your combo. You are eligible to play a species with starting INT <= IQ/10

No more Deep Elf Wizards and the like'
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner