WizMode Fork

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 14:01

WizMode Fork

Ya'know what would be awesome (non-sarcasm mode)? A convenient wiz-mode fork command!

Entering WizMode is like tacitly admitting "I'm done with this character, it can die now." Alternatively I enter it as a debug mode to test possibilities, but it is *hard* to create a wiz-mode equivalent to an actual character. So many commands! So much data needs to be put in. So much easier to just "set all skills to like, 10 or something". Often times I'm in a situation and am trying to choose between a few possibilities. How awesome would it be to actually try those out and see what results BEFORE making a final decision and committing? After all, I *technically* could create an identical situation in wiz-mode by adjusting all the stats, spawning the monsters, and dungeon architecture....right?

The solution I've come up with is to copy-paste the save file and then enter wiz-mode in "Copy of foo.cs", promptly killing him when I'm done with my trial. But this is super-inconvenient. Rather than actually *DOING* this, I just consistently opt for the "no risk, no reward, safe-way-out" strategy every time, rather than trying to push my own envelope to see whether or not I *actually* need to be - for example - self-hasting to escape from a Cacodemon when I'm at <90hp as a classic D:26 conjurer. Would be a cool feature, IMO.

-AHMAD
My Wins (>25):
15-runer: OPWz, DECj, DEWz x2, VpWz
Other: DEWz, DrWz, DjWz, GnIE, KeCj, SpEn, SpWz, SpCj, MuWz, FeWzx2, MiBe x7.

Crawl Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/BountyHunterSAx2
or vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/BountyHunterSAx <--

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 14:31

Re: WizMode Fork

Eh, that would result in optimal play doing a mock up of every single possibly dangerous situation to calculate the best plan and the odds of it working. Also, free magic mapping ain't good.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 15:32

So basically you want to save scum but call it something different?

For this message the author rebthor has received thanks:
crate

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 16:05

rebthor wrote:So basically you want to save scum but call it something different?

Looks it.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 18:15

Jabberwocky wrote:Eh, that would result in optimal play doing a mock up of every single possibly dangerous situation to calculate the best plan and the odds of it working. Also, free magic mapping ain't good.

...which is pretty much every step you take. Like how yesterday my felid opened a door and was oneshotted from full HP from sleeping, previously undiscovered Nikola.

Barkeep

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 18:28

Well... in your case, the optimal play was to somehow know Nikola was behind the door and not open it. Don't need wizmode experiments to tell you that ;)
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 18:38

I guess I should have really been wearing the rElec ring over the +5 EV ring. Always run around with rElec and rF if you're a felid, or something? I guess that's the best way to reduce dying chances since you already have rC if you're not in lich/alich depths because then EV is more important because iron shot oh I don't know it's not like I'm ever going to actually do this strategic jewellery swapping because jeez my time is limited

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 19:22

cerebovssquire wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Eh, that would result in optimal play doing a mock up of every single possibly dangerous situation to calculate the best plan and the odds of it working. Also, free magic mapping ain't good.

...which is pretty much every step you take. Like how yesterday my felid opened a door and was oneshotted from full HP from sleeping, previously undiscovered Nikola.

That's why this would be a bad idea.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 4th December 2012, 19:40

Just do a save-scum script and get on with it.
My wins so far - FeBe, KoBe, DsCo, MDFi, DsBe

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner