Mobs of uniques

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 8th February 2011, 17:44

Mobs of uniques

This has come up in a few places so I thought I'd start a thread for it.

My fledgling DDNe just encountered the following on D:4:

Menkaure
Dowan
Duvessa
Prince Ribbit

They all spawned near the stairs where I came down. Unfortunately it was one of those large open levels where all the up stairs are grouped together, and all the down stairs are grouped together, so going back up and coming down different stairs was not a way to avoid them.

I teleported away, got to the down stairs, but Ribbit manages to follow me. And on the next level I find:

Blork with a wand
Sigmund.

Fortunately I managed to get down another level. But I'm now out of heal wounds potions and my wand of healing is down to one charge.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 01:01

Re: Mobs of uniques

It's like you've won some sort of negative prize.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 01:03

After I posted that, I found Pikel on one of those levels as well, and a player ghost on the other.

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 01:33

danr wrote:After I posted that, I found Pikel on one of those levels as well, and a player ghost on the other.

Maybe you shouldn't have dove so deep! :)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 9th February 2011, 14:55

Dowan and Duvessa always spawn together (okay, that phrasing makes their relationship sound squickier than it already appears to be), so that's "one" unique.

Just cleared Elf:7 in my current game, where in addition to all of the Happy Fun Stuff (not to be confused with Hidden Fun Stuff) that comes out of the treasure vault, I had Margery, Xtahua, Francis, and Saint Roka to deal with. D:14 in this game had Aizul, Nessos, Harold, and Roxanne, with Roxanne being in a really bad place for trying to avoid line of sight on the other three. And then there was D:10, with Joseph, Josephine, Psyche, and Grinder...and D:7, with Ijyb, Dowan/Duvessa, and Prince Ribbit.

I've had worse, and just the way things are going (about to tackle Shoals, and haven't even found the entrance to Vaults), it's going to get worse.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner