God Proposal: Ahca the God of Health

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 29th June 2012, 20:28

God Proposal: Ahca the God of Health

God of Health

* Sacrifice Regen - Large piety boost for sacrifing items that grant regen
* Illness - Piety increase for each turn you are affected by a status ailment (Poison, Rot, Sickness, Glow, etc)
* Taking Damage - Piety increase for damage taken. Damage / 20 piety.
* Payments - Can sacrifice 5% of your current gold for piety increase. Piety is also increased when paying for god abilities.
Dislikes
* Regen - Piety decrease when under the effects of regen status or items (mutation exempt)
* Resting - Piety decrease for HP healed while resting. Full HP causes no piety decrease (as does sickness). Resting while poisoned still has decay for healing, but should result in a net piety gain.
* Free Health - Piety decrease when you have no money and are healed by an item
* Penance if you knowingly drink !cMut
Penance
* Ahca take 60% of your current Gold and of any gold collected
* Healing items have a 20% chance of failure.

- Premiums
Passive ability. Pay Ahca to increase the power of healing items. As piety increases the cost is reduced but the power increases.
* First Aid
Pay 20 gold/HP for instant healing up to Full HP or until your money runs out.
** Know your drugs
Passive ability. All potions are auto-ID'd
*** Primary Care
Pay 200 gold to have all status effects (good and bad, not counting Tele) removed. Also grants immunity to these effects for Piety/10 turns
**** Intensive Care
Pay 500 gold for full healing and removal of status effects. Also grants full satiation, full MP and a temporary boost to STR/DEX = Piety/50.
***** Minor Surgery
Pay 1000 gold to remove 1 level of a non-inate mutation of your choosing.
***** Prescriptions
Pay money for the following permanent effects. % based on gold stacks:
- Swiftness: 15%
- Agility: 10%
- Strength: 5%
- Brilliance: 15%
- Haste: 30%
- Flight: 15%
- Resistance: 20%
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Sewers Scotsman

Post Friday, 29th June 2012, 20:33

Re: God Proposal: Ahca the God of Health

Also: iatrogenesis.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 13:12

30% for permanent haste?

Does it cause glow? If not, super overpowered.

Sewers Scotsman

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 13:18

****** Palliative Care
Pay 1000 gold for unlimited supply of potions of confusion to ease your pain during your final turns.

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 13:47

Organ Donation - all worshippers of Ahca who leave a ghost also leave a mutagenic corpse (leaning toward positive)

Prozac Nation - pray to remove confusion effect at the cost of 1% of your permanent HP, 5% of your int, str and dex

altar vaults with several very slow moving humans (who start off asleep perhaps?)

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 18:02

I'm a fan of Gods of concepts that tie into the actions of adventurers only incidentally. something like Fedhas.

So, since this is CYC, I'm hijacking the thread to propose Resquiid, the God of liquids. This is a god who likes fluids of all varieties, from blood to nasty potions, fountains, water, lava, whatever. if it can be found somewhere in a liquid form, Resquiid likes it.

Piety gain: a chance to gain a small amount of piety on the first hit vs each enemy that lowers its' hp below half it's max (since in D&D, an enemy is considered "bloodied" when under half max HP). a small amount is also gained if you drink a potion immediately (within like 5 turns) of picking it up. This doesn't happen on potions you create via magic or vampire blood bottling. Resqiid also likes when enemies fall into lava or deep water. You also gain a small amount for each fountain you drink until it is dry (once per fountain).

Piety loss: potions being shattered by cold, eaten by jellies. wasting a potion by quaffing it at a time when it won't have an effect at all, such as poison while having rPois, healing at full health, etc.

Abilities (in the order you get them):
Joining Resquiid causes all potions to be identified on pickup (not on sight). The first thing that abandonment or excommunication does is to re obscure all potions with newly randomized descriptions.

eventually, you'll be able to ignite floor tiles with blood spilled on them (same effect as burning a book there).

A bit later, you gain the effect of quaffing a potion of curing or heal wounds (depending on evo and piety) when a hit lowers your hp below half it's maximum. This ability always occurs if you're over the piety requirement and not on cooldown, but it has somewhere between five hundred and two thousand turns of cooldown, and that might be too short.

later still, you'll be allowed to freeze deep water, and cool lava (both for like 2d8 turns. not long) in order to walk across it's surface. Walking on it water is a Beogh thing, but freezing it for a short duration isn't the same as walking on the liquid water. This is a very short duration, and could be used for crossing it, but not long enough to stand on it and fight.

at the highest piety, you will occasionally be gifted random good potions, with weight toward the less rare stuff, but the best ones like cMut and Experience not being barred, more often based on tension.

Penance:
1: potions are all, including the ones in your inventory, re-obscured (gaining a description, rather than a type) again, randomly (so even though curing WAS a fuming yellow potion, now it's a smoky red potion or something).
2: blood covered floor tiles might ignite when you're near (but not standing on) them.
3: rarely, a corpse might be instantly drained of it's blood, soaking the tiles around it, and leaving only a skeleton.

if that's not harsh enough, along with the loss of the abilities and gifts, perhaps sometimes a tile of lava or water could appear in your path, forcing you to find ways to bypass it.

The only species barred from worship are Mummies, who can't drink, and in fact, have a lot of their fluids removed already.
Last edited by IronJelly on Monday, 2nd July 2012, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is for entertainment purposes only. If you think anything I ever say is backed by fact, or if you cite things I've said in any argument ever, you are insane.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 21:49

FYI God names are restricted to one per letter of the alphabet, plus TSO (= 1) for a total of 27. "A" is already taken by Ashenzari. At least one of the other letters is already spoken for as well - G is for the gold god.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 2nd July 2012, 22:33

Grimm wrote:FYI God names are restricted to one per letter of the alphabet, plus TSO (= 1) for a total of 27. "A" is already taken by Ashenzari. At least one of the other letters is already spoken for as well - G is for the gold god.

But there isn't an R for 'Resquiid.'

//yes, i'm shameless.
The above post is for entertainment purposes only. If you think anything I ever say is backed by fact, or if you cite things I've said in any argument ever, you are insane.

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 3rd July 2012, 01:58

Grimm wrote:FYI God names are restricted to one per letter of the alphabet, plus TSO (= 1) for a total of 27. "A" is already taken by Ashenzari. At least one of the other letters is already spoken for as well - G is for the gold god.

Changing the name ruins the joke, though.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 10:00

bobross419 wrote:Changing the name ruins the joke, though.

The joke only makes sense if you are familiar with the US healthcare system so that's no great loss to the majority.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 13:17

Confidence Interval wrote:
bobross419 wrote:Changing the name ruins the joke, though.

The joke only makes sense if you are familiar with the US healthcare system so that's no great loss to the majority.

While perversly , the US healthcare system is a great loss to the majority

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 14:10

VargrVeum wrote:While perversly , the US healthcare system is a great loss to the majority

This it the kind of statement only some kind of godless pinko democrat would come out with.

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 14:33

VargrVeum wrote:While perversly , the US healthcare system is a great loss to the majority

This it the kind of statement only some kind of godless pinko democrat would come out with.

In the red corner: Confidence Interval.
In the blue corner: VargrVeum.
Let the fight of stubborn Americans begin!

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 14:36

Nixon was the best thing that ever happened to the USA.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 15:17

Fifty-four forty or fight!!!1

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 15:19

Grimm wrote:Fifty-four forty or fight!!!1

a.k.a. "Lebensraum for the Yankees."

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 16:38

In Russian America, Raum lebt in DICH!

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 18:06

What a curious concept. I can only conclude that you, too, are some type of bleeding-heart liberal. And, no doubt, a Democrat.

Russian American indeed!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 18:22

Bleeding heart? My heart swims in blood!

Sewers Scotsman

Post Wednesday, 4th July 2012, 18:30

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 5th July 2012, 08:26

I'm a poncey liberal true - but an english poncey liberal with affectations of anarchism and a punk aesthetic - thus my arguments are null, void and only 3 minutes long

Sewers Scotsman

Post Thursday, 5th July 2012, 13:47

VargrVeum wrote:an english poncey liberal with affectations of anarchism and a punk aesthetic

This is, in my experience, the worst possible kind of liberal.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 5th July 2012, 13:55

VargrVeum wrote:an english poncey liberal with affectations of anarchism and a punk aesthetic

This is, in my experience, the worst possible kind of liberal.

sadly my experience of such things corroborates this, but my penchant for bondage pants and eyeliner has led me astray

Sewers Scotsman

Post Thursday, 5th July 2012, 14:07

A liberal and a coquette. This is not getting any better.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 6th July 2012, 06:21

IronJelly wrote:Resquiid

Sounds cool, but I have two questions:

1. How would vampires be affected by this god, if at all, considering that their mode of consumption is drinking rather than eating?
2. Would players gain extra piety for killing mummies in approximately the same way Troglodytes do for killing mages?

How about an ability named something like "Liquidate", whereupon the bodily fluids of monsters in LOS dramatically increase, causing the monsters to turn to mush. Or would that be too similar to slouch?

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 6th July 2012, 14:28

Hosgeldzrouni wrote:
IronJelly wrote:Resquiid

Sounds cool, but I have two questions:

1. How would vampires be affected by this god, if at all, considering that their mode of consumption is drinking rather than eating?
2. Would players gain extra piety for killing mummies in approximately the same way Troglodytes do for killing mages?

How about an ability named something like "Liquidate", whereupon the bodily fluids of monsters in LOS dramatically increase, causing the monsters to turn to mush. Or would that be too similar to slouch?

Depends what the effect of being turned to mush is. Is it the opposite of being petrified? That might be bad.

hmm... What if liquify melted the enemy's feet first, and slowly dissolved them into the ground? The first thing that happens is that those affected stop moving, but they can still act. In a short number of turns, they can no longer act with weapons, but can still cast spells, and after another short number of turns, they disappear, giving you partial, but not full exp.

So... it's powerful. if you're approaching a horde of melee baddies, you can shut them down easily enough (except for the ones not affected), but it's less useful against ranged enemies, who, when they can't move, are going to shoot. It's even less effective against casters if you don't have a clear path to them, since they normally come in the back of a group, and you won't be able to get to them easily.

Since there isn't any damage being done until they dissolve, it's not a perfect way to kill stuff, and would probably be better as an escape tool.

Naturally, powerful enemies, such as pan lords, should have better chances to resist. If it's still too useful, it could cost something permanent to use, or just not work at all on the pan lords. or perhaps at each phase, a new resistance check can be made (so the enemy either sinks further, and can't use their arms, or they resist the spell, and get back up).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner