Zin is not what he seems...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 22:07

Zin is not what he seems...

Okay. I don't know if anyone has pointed this out.

-- Zin is the god of law
-- You give Zin money...
-- ...and Zin gives you "Protection"

Am I the only one who thinks that something is fishy with this? You bribe him for "protection". Yet he is the god of law. I think that Zin is actually just some mafia crime lord who managed to get a public office. The Godfather anyone?
Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

Zin

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 22:19

Re: Zin is not what he seems...

So, I am to receive thirty percent for finance, for legal protection and political influence. Is that what you're telling me?

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 22:28

Zin wrote:So, I am to receive thirty percent for finance, for legal protection and political influence. Is that what you're telling me?

Jabberwocky wrote:You came back on the forums. Everything in the corner has been worse since 11/4/12. It got better when you left, but now it's bad again.

For this message the author giygas has received thanks:
tasonir

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 26th June 2012, 23:08

One of the rules of making threads like this is to not admit you're trolling.

And in the second post? For shame, Giygas. For shame.

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 00:39

giygas wrote:Okay. I don't know if anyone has pointed this out.

-- Zin is the god of law
-- You give Zin money...
-- ...and Zin gives you "Protection"

Am I the only one who thinks that something is fishy with this? You bribe him for "protection". Yet he is the god of law. I think that Zin is actually just some mafia crime lord who managed to get a public office. The Godfather anyone?

There's no contradiction here.

Organized payment plans and protection are how many governments, militaries, and police forces work. Just beacuse certain lawful evil criminal organizations function on a similar basis doesn't make the system any less structured, lawful, or acceptable.

It's worth noting also that Zin is the god of Law. Not a the god of good. He is one of the good gods- but that's a subtle distinction.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 03:08

Deimos wrote:One of the rules of making threads like this is to not admit you're trolling.

And in the second post? For shame, Giygas. For shame.

That was directed toward the person who made an account, Zin, just to play with our minds. Which I think is pretty darn obnoxious. Even by my standards.

mageykun wrote:There's no contradiction here.

Organized payment plans and protection are how many governments, militaries, and police forces work. Just beacuse certain lawful evil criminal organizations function on a similar basis doesn't make the system any less structured, lawful, or acceptable.

It's worth noting also that Zin is the god of Law. Not a the god of good. He is one of the good gods- but that's a subtle distinction.

1. He is a mafia leader in disguise as a good god.
2. Structure, sure. But he's a GOOD GOD!
3. I understand he isn't the "god of good" (which is probably more TSO) but he's still one of the good gods. Good meaning "for the good of all that are good" pretty much.
4. What organized payment plan and protection? This isn't Zin the simpering security guard, this is Zin the One Who Is Superior To You. Sure, you join him, but after that it's like intimidation and forced bribery.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 03:25

Physical health needs monetary health. Having too much money in your wallet isn't healthy, man. You should donate some to the poor. (Yes, you don't see Zin giving your hard-earned cash to homeless people, but then, you don't see Trog recruiting dudes to make your badass BiA army.)
Last edited by pratamawirya on Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 03:28

Ever hear of tithe? Give 10%? Most churches pass a collection plate.
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 27th June 2012, 04:10

bobross419 wrote:Ever hear of tithe? Give 10%? Most churches pass a collection plate.

I have. Then again, if you don't tithe, you aren't excommunicated.

Then again, if Zin was the Catholic god, this would explain all the corruption in the Catholic Church....

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 30th June 2012, 03:20

giygas wrote:
bobross419 wrote:Ever hear of tithe? Give 10%? Most churches pass a collection plate.

Then again, if Zin was the Catholic god, this would explain all the corruption in the Catholic Church....

The goblins and kobolds in the dungeon are really just ex altar-boys of Zin.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 30th June 2012, 21:35

Konebred wrote:
giygas wrote:

The goblins and kobolds in the dungeon are really just ex altar-boys of Zin.

Bingo. ;)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner