The Other Side of the Coin

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 06:52

The Other Side of the Coin

This is a paragraph from my fanfic I started today. Its about a Demonspawn named Daka. Please give feedback, positive and negative. Idk how long it will be, But I hope to get at least 20 pages worth of the story done by Sat or Sun. This story is based off of a run that I am currently doing(Demonspawn Fighter) and the story will end when Daka dies (duh). Anyway, here it is.

When I awoke, I saw a pesky little bat fluttering around my head. I instinctively clawed it and started walking down the corridor. Soon, I came to a room where some goblins were camping. There were three of them, two of which were fighting over some meat. I clutched my axe tighter as I peeked around the corner at my prey. I beared my fangs and rushed the goblin sitting next to the fire. He turned around just to see my handaxe cleave his skull in two. The goblins well aware of me now, ran toward me, daggers in hand. I slashed the first one twicee and he died easily. His companion was a little more difficult to dispatch. I blocked his first attack and parried. He shouted at me and ducked, stabbing me in the thigh. It was a minor wound,however. I cut through the hand that was holding the dagger and punched him in the face, killing him. I took a look in the sack next to the campfire. It contained a few scrolls and some very appreciated healing potions. After the battle, I felt something growing on my skin. I was amazed when I glanced at my arms and saw they were covered in rough, black scales. Helpful, but odd. Anyway, I made my way to the second floor and camped so I could rest.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 07:39

Re: The Other Side of the Coin

Feedback: if you want to make this interesting, make it more that just a vanilla description of what happened in your game of Crawl.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 07:51

Oh there is way more. I just didn't wanna post too much at once. Basically, Daka is a slave to a necromancer who wants the Orb to obtain true immortality (you know, without becoming a lich?) Anyway, There's alot of story I wrote. Should I post it all at once or in installments??

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 07:56

Do as you feel moved to do.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 15:47

Combat is going to be the least interesting part of a Crawl story, especially non-threatening combat.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 15:54

The main character has an interesting backstory. I should be done by Sunday. I just thought people would be interested in the combat, so I put in that instead of a story passage.

Barkeep

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 15:58

I hope he gets hungry, finds an amulet of the gourmand, and eats THREE ENTIRE ELEPHANTS.

Sometimes I'll take off gourmand in the lair because that trick is so funny.
I am not a very good player. My mouth is a foul pit of LIES. KNOW THIS.

For this message the author njvack has received thanks:
some12fat2move

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 8th February 2013, 21:04

I agree that combat with weak monsters is going to be boring. I'd like to hear the character describe what the dungeon looks like to him, how he feels, why he is there in the first place. If you run into a funny or almost lethal fight, then describe that.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner