Crawl-related pictures general

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 18th January 2012, 15:20

Crawl-related pictures general

Post'em.

For starters, here's me and my original content!

I know, I'm terrible at jokes. Anyone, do better? Bonus points if you make it yourself!

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 1st February 2012, 08:25

Re: Crawl-related pictures general

Guyyyys :c

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 1st February 2012, 19:46

Okay, if you say so. Here's my Ilyana. Her costume in this is actually based on the tiles edits I made for her to use in Crawl.
This is actually the cutdown wallpaper edition, as the full scan doesn't fit on photobucket. But you can see the full version on my blog.

If you want the proof, here's the Tiles version :D

You know, I've just realised all of my Male characters never seem to live very long. :shock: Only Mizta Howes the Kobold is still going...
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

My Games/Anime/Weirdness blog: http://detarame.wordpress.com/

For this message the author eharper256 has received thanks: 2
MyOtheHedgeFox, Zicher

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 08:11

Ideally it would have a cauldron in place of the crown.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 14:56

eharper256 wrote:You know, I've just realised all of my Male characters never seem to live very long. :shock: Only Mizta Howes the Kobold is still going...

Ilya might have lived longer if he put some clothes on.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

For this message the author XuaXua has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 16:36

eharper256: Those sprites are really cool. Did you make them yourself?

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 17:53

@snow
Yep, all my own work. I do a bit of spriting on the side. A slightly older version of my playertiles file can be found HERE if you want to use them. (at the bottom of that post, after the reference XLS). For 0.8 though (which I'm still playing until 0.10 becomes stable), and replaces Draconians with Drakahn as the main feature (my quasi-dragon people from my own D&D setting).

I'd provide bits for the paper-dolls if they were in demand; but I don't think they are right now. Personally, I'm strange and like to assign a custom tile to each of my characters; kitting them out appropriately before I even clear D1. Each one is characterised like a proper RPG. Makes me play more conservatively, as I REALLY don't want to lose some of my beloved chars this way.

@XuaXua
Ilya's a girl! :P
And she, again, is the demi-goddess of winter from my D&D setting, who has a continual wardrobe malfunction. Her Crawl iteration actually does use equipment since for some reason this is required for her survival, but her custom tile shows otherwise, as for her to be in character, she must be naked. My Demigoddess tile is specifically without underwear and has a specially long 'cape' for her very long godiva hair entirely for this purpose.

Oh, and:
Eris Ferris, Etheldreda Kurohon, and Eucliwood Hellscythe
Are all Anime characters, from Legend of Legendary Heroes / Demonbane / Are you a Zombie? respectively.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script?"

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 18:17

eharper256 wrote:@XuaXua
And she, again, is the demi-goddess of winter from my D&D setting, who has a continual wardrobe malfunction. ... as for her to be in character, she must be naked. My Demigoddess tile is specifically without underwear ... for this purpose.

Oh. OK.

Yeah, all my characters are naked too, but only when I play console.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 18:27

My characters are all naked...underneath their armour.

Eringya's Employee

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 18:28

That's gotta sting. ^
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 20:06

By the way, Eharper, why don't you upload your player doll tiles to the graphics section? Open DCSS bugtracker and report a "graphics bug".
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 20:11

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:By the way, Eharper, why don't you upload your player doll tiles to the graphics section? Open DCSS bugtracker and report a "graphics bug".

I was considering doing so, but what format is preferred? Want me to just upload my tiles, or crop the new parts out specifically?

XuaXua wrote:
And she, again, is the demi-goddess of winter from my D&D setting, who has a continual wardrobe malfunction. ... as for her to be in character, she must be naked. My Demigoddess tile is specifically without underwear ... for this purpose.

Oh. OK.

<sigh> :roll: When you crop the quote like that, you make me sound like a real pervert. Not cool, dude. Not cool at all.

In my setting, she is a clear and obvious statement that gods do not think like humans, and do not play by the same rules. They resemble humans superficially, and then only because it is convienient to do so, as people are their worshippers.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 6th February 2012, 20:35

eharper256 wrote:
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:By the way, Eharper, why don't you upload your player doll tiles to the graphics section? Open DCSS bugtracker and report a "graphics bug".

I was considering doing so, but what format is preferred? Want me to just upload my tiles, or crop the new parts out specifically?

XuaXua wrote:

Oh. OK.

<sigh> :roll: When you crop the quote like that, you make me sound like a real pervert. Not cool, dude. Not cool at all.

:) That's how I read it, plus it sets up the follow-up. :)

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 06:43

eharper256 wrote:

Taken from https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=3936

However, I think attaching a zip-archive containing all the separate tiles would be good, too.
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 15:19

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:However, I think attaching a zip-archive containing all the separate tiles would be good, too.

I think you'd have to position them as well for the separate shoes, etc, much like the picture. Looks like a lot of work, but shouldn't be so bad if you used layers.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 17:19

Okay, here's an initial version:
Still needs a chunk more work before I upload it to Mantis; but I thought I'd get some initial opinions.

Most notably, should I even bother including Drakahn? They were made primarily for me and my friends; and they're Quarter-Dragons from my D&D setting:
So they're not exactly Crawl-Lore-Friendly for Draconians; which themselves are more like D&D 4th editions Dragonborn.

Fiddling with layers is almost second nature to me these days, but its still a bit tedious. This little setup took me nearly an hour...

For this message the author eharper256 has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 18:34

For this message the author Night2o1 has received thanks: 4
Grimm, MyOtheHedgeFox, PerverseSuffering, Zicher

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 18:39

eharper256 wrote:Okay, here's an initial version:
Fiddling with layers is almost second nature to me these days, but its still a bit tedious. This little setup took me nearly an hour...

It's missing Ilya ( :) The demigod halo is cool) and I'd think the lower portions of the Drakhan can be used as alternate variations on the Draconian templates.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 18:53

No offence, eharper, but there's something off with the proportions; in fact, too off to be considered a selling point. Do you use references?

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 7th February 2012, 20:13

PerverseSuffering wrote:No offence, eharper, but there's something off with the proportions; in fact, too off to be considered a selling point. Do you use references?

On the pixelart? Where?

But if you mean the scan from the D&D booklet, yeah, that's some pretty old stuff (4~ish years old) and I kinda sucked alot then. I still kinda suck now, just not so badly. No offence is taken. ;)

I draw in a rather puzzling self-taught way, effectively from memory each time, and without any drafting process, because my memory is nigh-on eidetic for the purposes of visual arts (I literally remember the exact lay of lines I need to compose a face, for instance, and reconstruct them). It has utterly confunded a few of my more artsy friends who start properly with figures and build features around them.

As a result, though, proportion has always been my enemy; its no good if I can fully sketch a head well if my subsequent sketch of a body attached to it is smaller, or what not. As an analogy, I guess you could say that, since I start with the details immediately, that I can't see the trees from the wood. :D

I quite often come back to a sketch later on, realise how terrifying it looks, and give it a huge adjustment, in fact. :shock:

---
@XuaXua
Yeah, I'll add the halo later. But Illiya doesn't exactly have ~alot~ of pixelart. :roll:

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 9th February 2012, 18:29

Okay, here's the final versions.
With Background:
Transparent Background:

Uploading to Mantis now.
Mantis ISSUE: https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=5298

For this message the author eharper256 has received thanks: 2
Mychaelh, MyOtheHedgeFox

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 10th February 2012, 04:55

>Alice
I see what you margarine there

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 10th February 2012, 09:37

PerverseSuffering wrote:>Alice

Surely it would be 'I see what you margatroid there?' ;)

Shame there's no doll summoning in Crawl for a real Alice to work. But I guess demons are still thematically correct if one assumes the fan theory of her mother being Shinki, the Lord of Hell.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 10th February 2012, 11:36

eharper256 wrote:

Nah, there's a certain inside-joke in the community about "Margatroid" and "margarine"; I thought you knew that one. Well, whatever.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 10th February 2012, 14:57

PerverseSuffering wrote:
eharper256 wrote:

Nah, there's a certain inside-joke in the community about "Margatroid" and "margarine"; I thought you knew that one. Well, whatever.

Oh, no, I didn't get that. I'm obviously behind with the Touhou community. Ah well... :roll:

Been awhile since I played one, actually, last was Mountain of Faith, I think, though me and my friends still get good use out of Hisoutensoku (we're more of a fighting game crowd). Mainly because I don't have the twitch skill to make it through bullet hell without alot of practice. My best is a 1CC run of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil... on Easy. :x

Which reminds me, though, I still have The Genius of Sapphiros to play now that its been fan-patched fully. That is, after I finish the Galaxy Angel Trilogy (ugh... too much to play!).

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 11th February 2012, 09:55

...and so the thread went on. Myself, TH06-08 1CC on Normal, Th09 on Easy and then MoF on Normal. SA is hell.

zrn

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 15th February 2012, 08:11

For this message the author zrn has received thanks: 2
Grimm, PerverseSuffering

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 16th February 2012, 14:39

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 16th February 2012, 20:02

Is that the Armenian Bugs Bunny?

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 17th February 2012, 14:14

Grimm wrote:Is that the Armenian Bugs Bunny?

Come to think of it, a fitting description!

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 17th February 2012, 15:11

Since my paperdolls and etc. didn't make it in time for this version of Crawl; they're available for 0.10 from my blog, along with a bunch of other things, in my latest post here, if you're interested. See above for examples.

For this message the author eharper256 has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 17th February 2012, 16:28

eharper256 wrote:Since my paperdolls and etc. didn't make it in time for this version of Crawl; they're available for 0.10 from my blog, along with a bunch of other things, in my latest post here, if you're interested. See above for examples.

Not quite by the way, your Coloured Scroll Sprites are *very* convenient! Please submit them to the tracker, too!

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 18th February 2012, 09:25

Yeah, I only just made the coloured scrolls and chunks; suddenly had the idea because I was dicking around with the 0.10 sprites and added a rainbow gradient to the mutagenic meat for a laugh, then it occured that colour coding is actually handy. I'll submit them soon; when I get a moment.

As for Dungeon's new look, I made that because I've seen it alot lately and wanted some variety.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 20th February 2012, 10:09

Scrolls and Chunks patch added onto Mantis: https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/view.php?id=5341
Also, additional patch for paperdolls with Alice Doll and Flandre Wings

Snake Sneak

Post Monday, 27th February 2012, 23:18

Just wanted to post this awsome sif muna temple I came across

this is exactly what I play crawl for. well done quasi "events" like this are the most fun to be had IMO. I hope more stuff like this makes it in the game!
Attachments
awesomesifmunapalace.jpg
awesomesifmunapalace.jpg (653.18 KiB) Viewed 13316 times

For this message the author Night2o1 has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 28th February 2012, 10:18

I also spectated a forgotten shrine of Ashenzari.

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 28th February 2012, 18:25

I really like this Lich picture.
Courtesy of http://namesjames.deviantart.com/
Attachments
lich.jpg
lich.jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 13284 times
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th February 2012, 18:48

Zicher wrote:I really like this Lich

Fact of the day: the words "like" and "lich" are etymologically the same word.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=like

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks:
Confidence Interval

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 18th August 2013, 18:14

I will bring this thread back to glory.
Du hast dich zu weit vorgewagt, (Hinter diesen Mauern!) dich durch dieses Tor gewagt! (Hinter diesen Mauern!)

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 30th August 2013, 15:31

I tried some ASCII-Art and here is Sigmund having a fight with donald:
@ @
Du hast dich zu weit vorgewagt, (Hinter diesen Mauern!) dich durch dieses Tor gewagt! (Hinter diesen Mauern!)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 30th August 2013, 16:11

That's your idea of glory? It's destined for the glory hole.

Sewers Scotsman

Post Friday, 30th August 2013, 19:20

+1 for the gratuitous mention of glory holes.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 31st August 2013, 14:42

Grimm wrote:That's your idea of glory? It's destined for the glory hole.

Consider the following:

Sometimes people forget to put their corpses into coffins, thus the threads get some damage when you're going to dig them up.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 31st August 2013, 18:38

I've added structural reinforcing to almost all the threads in CYC. They should be able to weather normal graverobbing.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 31st August 2013, 19:10

Good. Grimm won.

Back to the thread.

I once copied an entrance vault to a sheet of paper, so I could later rebuild it in minecraft. My brother still has that sheet.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner