Who has more than one game in progress at a time?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 19:10

Who has more than one game in progress at a time?

Just wondering whether most people prefer to just play one game at a time, or have several in progress and switch between them.

I normally only play one at a time, but I've been playing games in the "challenge the person above you" thread and switching between them and my normal games.

I'm finding it really confusing, thinking I can escape then suddenly remembering that it's my other character that has all the scrolls of blinking. I think after this I'll just go back to 1 game at a time... :?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 19:21

Re: Who has more than one game in progress at a time?

I have like 7 alternative nickmapped accounts for different purposes on CDO and it will often happen that I have a couple games running on them. That's about the limit though because I (usually) like to play and win a game in one 4-6h session, barring allrune games which take considerably more time.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 21:30

I usually do about 5 at a time then pick one that I like to focus on until I die. Often times I don't pick up the others again though :O

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 00:08

One time I made 32 characters at once, but usually I don't have more than one or two. The story behind that is I decided to make a ton of characters, play them all to level 2, then start at the top of the list and play all the survivors to level 3, and so on.

It turned out to be really, really boring.
Last edited by Pteriforever on Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 01:07

Mostly I run characters one at a time, although there's almost always some incarnation of "wiztest" on my start screen, along with the inevitable few abandoned characters. I did experiment with actually running a few in parallel, but the bleed-through of customized dolls gets annoying.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 02:00

Mostly two or three. One for 0.91, one for trunk and one for my USB crawl.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 02:45

I usually play a character, get frustrated, and then start up a new one with a different playstyle to snap out of it, and then go back and finish the first one later. I usually don't have more than three going at once, though.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 03:12

Pteriforever wrote:One time I made 32 characters at once, but usually I don't have more than one or two. The story behind that is I decided to make a ton of characters, play them all to level 2, then start at the top of the list and play all the survivors to level 3, and so on.

And aren't you the guy that only plays Kenku I mean Tengu Summoners?

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 04:33

yes.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 04:40

32 summoners at one time sounds like the most boring thing in the world :O
and i love summoners

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 05:33

I always have more than one game going, but at any given moment, one of them will be my "main" game. The others will be low levels that I just screw around with if I'm too tired or unfocused to want to risk my high level, plus the occasional higher level that I got temporarily bored with and set aside to try out a different class.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 29th November 2011, 08:02

Always two, but one is a Wiz Mode character for checking stuff that's getting close to being a year old.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 2nd December 2011, 01:17

I almost always have multiple games going. I get a bit bored after playing one combo for hours on end.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 5th December 2011, 18:04

Anathema ! Just one!
duvessa wrote:Christ, you can't remove anything without tavern complaining about it.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 5th December 2011, 18:06

Pteriforever wrote:One time I made 32 characters at once, but usually I don't have more than one or two. The story behind that is I decided to make a ton of characters, play them all to level 2, then start at the top of the list and play all the survivors to level 3, and so on.

Crawl darwinism :geek:
duvessa wrote:Christ, you can't remove anything without tavern complaining about it.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 6th December 2011, 00:02

I often have 3~5 games running at once. Sometimes I am like "man, I feel like tearing something apart with my bare hands today" so I start/resume playing a troll. Sometimes I want to play a fine balancing act with tactical thinking, so I play a frail wizard. Sometimes I wanna go crazy so I play a Nemelex or Xom worshipper. And i usually always have at least one game running with a Draconian, I love them scaly bastards.

And sometimes I just wanna try something out.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 6th December 2011, 22:26

Ah... I don't know how to have more than one at once. But it wouldn't matter. If I spend too much time (two days or more) away from a character I forget all about it. It's my failure for having a memory like that.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner