What is your Crawling schedule?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 18:19

What is your Crawling schedule?

How much time do you spend playing Crawl and how often do you spend it? Personally I play fairly sporadically for about fifteen minutes to thirty minutes a session, which usually is enough to do two or three floors. I don't particularly enjoy huge Crawling sessions since my Crawlsense (yes, I just made up that word) degrades with prolonged play and I tend to get very frustrated when a huge session ends with an abrupt YASD. The main reason I do this however is because I simply enjoy being able to cruise through for a few levels before the next big threat(s). Usually I get to have a few levels or so in between them and I enjoy being able to stretch out this period.

Of course, playing sporadically does have it's drawbacks, namely the fact that I tend to forget about what resources a character has when I do :roll: But anyways, enough about me, what's YOUR Crawling schedule?
You see here a dire elephant corpse.
You start butchering the dire elephant corpse with your claws.
You continue butchering the corpse.
You are engulfed in roaring flames. You stop butchering the corpse.
You die...

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 18:30

Re: What is your Crawling schedule?

Find time. Play Crawl. Otherwise lurk forums... many forums while reading comics.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 18:33

Oops, wrong forum. Can anyone move this to Crazy Yuif's Corner? :oops:
You see here a dire elephant corpse.
You start butchering the dire elephant corpse with your claws.
You continue butchering the corpse.
You are engulfed in roaring flames. You stop butchering the corpse.
You die...

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 18:56

Moved.

I like to play crawl mostly in hour or two chunks. Additionally, mandatory cease-play kicks in around eleven or twelve at night when I feel myself getting tired. This is discipline born of necessity- I find a clear head is necessary to function. Not that this was always true- back when I was living in Boston, and had frequent insomnia, I could pull an all nighter without ruining my play. Now that I'm sleeping like a human again, I've had to adapt. :lol:

Sometimes, if constrained, I will adopt shorter sessions, usually playing one floor at a time. Not my preferred mode of play though.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 19:55

Usually late, before going to bed and some weekend when I have no plan. My best games last for two sessions, between bursts of crappy short-lived characters.
duvessa wrote:Christ, you can't remove anything without tavern complaining about it.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 20:29

I tend to play crawl as a procrastinatory act; I usually play for inappropriately long bouts during "breaks" from doing my work. I tend to do my best crawling in long random sessions when I just mean to clear a few floors. I usually forget about my body functions and forget to eat, go to sleep, bathroom, etc during this crawl binge. For some reason, this doesn't always happen. Sometimes I will play for just a few levels, maybe half an hour or whatever, but by god I can crawl binge.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 20:39

When I decide to play Crawl, it usually dominates my private, alone free time. After a few days to a week or so, which varies, I drop it entirely after a few YASDs or a win and don't really touch it again until I get the itch again which can sometimes take a few months.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 22nd November 2011, 21:20

My crawl play hours fluctuate wildly, I usually don't play more than 2 characters in a row and if I splat them I play something else. Usually takes around 20 minutes as I am wildly suicidal most of the time and only shape up my play after at least 5 near misses. If one gets off the floor I will play the crap out of him cos I'm a hopeless addict and have played crawl in excess of 10 hours at a time before. They usually end up suffering brain dead deaths at 4 am and deep deep regret.

After a win I usually don't play for a few days, particularly if I farmed a lot and made a nigh unstoppable death machine. It almost seems a shame to win when you make one of those :(.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 05:15

10 hours is excessive? ... I should keep my mouth shut about my 24 hour crawl sprees huh? Though... I do surf the web constantly during them darting back and forth...

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 05:46

Really, nobody ever stops crawling.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Wednesday, 23rd November 2011, 11:42

It begins to sound as an AA meeting.

(stand up)"Hi my name's is Roderic and I play Crawl all night long"

(all) " Hiii, Roderic"
duvessa wrote:Christ, you can't remove anything without tavern complaining about it.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 24th November 2011, 11:47

All day erry day

Grimm's Foul Crawl Frog would be appropriate here

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 02:10

Mostly I play crawl when I have time. I also play it when I have trouble getting to sleep. (Though I don't expect to get beyond orc when I'm tired.)
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 02:38

I play in sessions of an hour or two.

Eringya's Employee

Post Monday, 28th November 2011, 15:07

When I play Crawl, I'm playing like 10 hours or so. Well, I play too much in general, anyway. On my first and only win so far, the game started around midnight and lasted about 9 hours if i''m right. :?
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner