DCSS in Minecraft? More likely than you'd think.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 04:39

DCSS in Minecraft? More likely than you'd think.

So I was playing on a Minecraft server that had it's map file and back-up corrupted, so they were forced to wipe and reset the map. Rather than resetting again when 1.9 drops (as they've been planning), they started up a creative map so people could make stuff to get transplanted into the new map as ruins and stuff. So, I decided to recreate the Ecnumerical Temple. I made the room on a 1 tile to 1 block scale based on the map that spawned for a wiz mode character, which made a seemingly nice sized room. Well, until I tried to create altars. I didn't have enough room to make them fully accurate (I'd need to make it something like 3-4 times larger), but it still looks pretty neat. I also had to use some more mundane materials in order to discourage players from trying to mine TSO's or Vehumet's altars if this got put into the 1.9 map. I may attempt a larger and more accurate one on my private "server" at a later date since I'll have access to TNT (this one disabled it for lag reasons). Anyway, bunch of screenshots, go!

The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

For this message the author TwilightPhoenix has received thanks: 3
AtT, Grimm, MyOtheHedgeFox

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 05:07

Re: DCSS in Minecraft? More likely than you'd think.

bravo

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 06:13

Ecumenical != Ecunumerical.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 18:09

XuaXua wrote:Ecumenical != Ecunumerical.

Fixed. Well, in the map itself at least. It was late, so sue me.
The best strategy most frequently overlooked by new players for surviving: not starting a fight to begin with.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 19:30

How come you're confusing that guy about technicolor dreamcoats?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 22nd October 2011, 21:17

That wasn't me confusing him but other people on the server. I'm not sure where all that came from.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2011, 19:24

I like it, what's the server? Also it makes a nicer screenshot in you do f1 and then f2, all it does is hide the chat and your quickbar.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 24th October 2011, 19:47

It's the server used mostly by people from the Ambrosia Software community. As far as I know, it's public. It's website with most, if not all, of the info you need is here. Keep in mind, it's only temporarily in creative mode after which the map will be reset when 1.9 (real release, not pre-) launches and switched to survival. Some buildings may be copied over and scattered about that world, hence why many things will have red wool rectangles surrounding them to indicate "Copy me over!"

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner