Troll Toll...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Eringya's Employee

Post Thursday, 20th October 2011, 09:38

Troll Toll...

...what you saying?

(plz reply only* if you know what I'm quoting) :P

* Exceptions apply: Cancer patients whose last wish is to post in this topic, unbearably hot chicks, Darth Vader, Chuck Norris & Steven Segal.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Eringya's Employee

Post Thursday, 20th October 2011, 15:47

Re: Troll Toll...

minmay wrote:i know what you're quoting but it has nothing to do with crawl so i won't give you the pleasure of quoting more from the same source

But-but this is Crazy Yiuf's Corner... I thought it was within the spirit. :\
MuCK;
  Code:

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 21st October 2011, 07:44

TehDruid wrote:But-but this is Crazy Yiuf's Corner... I thought it was within the spirit. :\

Don't worry about it. :) Honestly every post I have ever seen from Minmay has irked me somehow; my advice is take what he says with a grain of salt.

The only place I remember hearing "Troll Toll" is the game Desktop Dungeons, but of course that game could also be referencing the same thing you are... :mrgreen: heh heh... (Still haven't beaten that level though.)
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

Eringya's Employee

Post Friday, 21st October 2011, 08:48

SchwaWarrior wrote:
TehDruid wrote:But-but this is Crazy Yiuf's Corner... I thought it was within the spirit. :\

Don't worry about it. :) Honestly every post I have ever seen from Minmay has irked me somehow; my advice is take what he says with a grain of salt.

The only place I remember hearing "Troll Toll" is the game Desktop Dungeons, but of course that game could also be referencing the same thing you are... :mrgreen: heh heh... (Still haven't beaten that level though.)

Yeah I've figured, but it's ok. We need some edgy people on the Internet, not everyone can be mellow. :lol:

Funny thing, I found out about DC:SS by first playing Desktop Dungeons, which somewhere in the notes said that it was inspired by DC:SS and my research led me to this amazing roguelike! :D

I really really doubt DD references to what I'm hinting. "Troll toll" originated from the fact that in fantasy trolls often lurk near bridges, attacking unwary travelers in order to eat them (or in case of more civilized trolls, ask for a toll to let them pass safely) so that's way more likely to be their source.
MuCK;
  Code:

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 21st October 2011, 15:05

ignore this thread - it's just a red herring ;)

For this message the author ilpalazzo has received thanks:
TehDruid

Zzz

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 21st October 2011, 17:47

Funny thing, I found out about DC:SS by first playing Desktop Dungeons, which somewhere in the notes said that it was inspired by DC:SS and my research led me to this amazing roguelike! :D

Same.
Tab tab tab tab x2
you die... ...wait what?

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner