Post Thursday, 20th October 2011, 00:35

DCSS Video trailer / Attract Mode

This is one of those times when I wish I knew how to program flash or animate, because I would so do this myself.

The idea is to have either a trailer (DCSS .10 ... THIS SUMMER ... ) or an "attract mode" like for arcade cabinets that would be sort of tongue in cheek epic but also show of some of the cool later game stuff.

One of the cheeky premises here would be that it would not use tiles but rather the console graphics, but would contain lots of cool over-the-top special effects, like motion blurs, zooms, fades, etc., while all being set to some sort of epic music, either adventure or some sort of menacing "descending deeper" music.

It gets cheekier from here ... it will present this like a generic action game, and initially show confrontations with bats, newts, etc., but eventually move on to things like greater mummies, Cerebov, etc., the joke being that they are really just different colored letters of the alphabet. The idea will be that the menacing music and the video effects will do most of the talking. I imagine for example, the @ walking into a room, and then the camera "panning up" to show a big ... well, same sized ... menacing Cerebov. Also, epic quotes from the game ("You spend a moment contemplating the meaning of life", "Xom roars with laughter") panning across the screen would be nice here.

Of course, there will some finale of genuinely cool looking spells or effects, maybe like Firestorm, Summer butterflies, Berserk, blood splash, demons summons, and so on.

... I am so pumped up about this! Somebody should so do this!!! :D I could maybe type some of the animations by hand? :-P

cf, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2BSgodR ... re=related