The will of Xom

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 14th October 2011, 22:51

The will of Xom

This afternoon I finally finished all my work and was ready for some crawl. I decided that today I would give Tiles a try, now that I had the time to thoroughly examine it. I wondered, as I cleaned my fish bowl, what type of character should I play? A melee based character or a caster? I had narrowed it down to TrBe and DEFE when I lost grip of the bowl and it shattered, slicing up my hand and most significantly the tip of my left pinky (thats my 'z' pressing button). TrBe it is; thanks Xom!

How has the God of Chaos affected your lives?

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 14th October 2011, 22:54

Re: The will of Xom

AtT wrote:This afternoon I finally finished all my work and was ready for some crawl. I decided that today I would give Tiles a try, now that I had the time to thoroughly examine it. I wondered, as I cleaned my fish bowl, what type of character should I play? A melee based character or a caster? I had narrowed it down to TrBe and DEFE when I lost grip of the bowl and it shattered, slicing up my hand and most significantly the tip of my left pinky (thats my 'z' pressing button). TrBe it is; thanks Xom!

How has the God of Chaos affected your lives?

But isn't your left pinky also your tab pressing button? o.O
KoboldLord wrote:I'm also morbidly curious now as to how Shatter is abusable for 'stealth tricks'. It's about as stealthy as the Kool-Aid Man smashing through the walls and running through the room

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 14th October 2011, 22:56

bobross419 wrote:But isn't your left pinky also your tab pressing button? o.O

No. I use my ring finger. This is a larger and stronger finger clearly more fit to Tab with.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 15th October 2011, 04:38

Some adventurous souls Tab with their noses.

Sewers Scotsman

Post Saturday, 15th October 2011, 14:32

I Tab with my ass. It's pointy.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 16th October 2011, 10:20

AtT wrote:How has the God of Chaos affected your lives?

I hope Xom won't be mad at me when I say I do a lot of things in real life in Loki's name, not Xom's. If the fishbowl were to fall and break and cut up my hand, I would probably tribute that to Loki and not Xom.

Hey, Dad taught me to love norse mythology since I was little, don't judge me. :) The way I see it, whether it's real or not, if it makes one feel better or live life more productively, go for it. Right?
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 16th October 2011, 10:35

Funny thing. When i say irl "oh my god" actually i mean not that one christian god. i refer to mighty Odin.
Also im very fond of elder futhark. Learned most of 24 runes not long ago.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 19th October 2011, 09:32

Curio wrote:Funny thing. When i say irl "oh my god" actually i mean not that one christian god. i refer to mighty Odin.

Elder Futhark? :o That sounds vaguely Lovecraftian. Awesome, man.

Really I love all spiritualities. <3 Much like Demigods in Crawl, in RL I feel a strong connection to every god, and thus, worship none of them. I think "all paths are right", because really we humans just want to believe in something! Even Athiests believe in God because they worship science, and in their minds, science has become God to them.

Next time something insane happens in RL, I might send off a wink and a smile to Xom just for lulz, though. Never could hurt. ^^
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2011, 20:11

Curio wrote:Funny thing. When i say irl "oh my god" actually i mean not that one christian god. i refer to mighty Odin.

When I say "Oh my god" I refer to the great and powerful Cthulhu.
What made you happy today?
Shatari wrote:I traded a goat for a Nintendo DS XL, and a ton of games.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2011, 21:20

here is something weird that happened to me:
a while ago I had a really good character who got tornado for the first time ever. I tested it on plants and was like whoa cool. then I tried it on real enemies and was kinda disappointed. but in the end it was a really good spell anyway. it brought me down all the way through dis to the iron city where I was destroyed by a shadow fiend after running away from dispater...

anyway - during the same night my area was hit by a real tornado that devastated a small village nearby. that's quite a weird coincidence since there are almost never tornados here (I've never heard of one my whole life). :shock:
maybe I should keep my hands away from high level spells... (or play less crawl in general)

...or maybe I will just learn firestorm next time instead :twisted:

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner