Greatest Nemelex gambit EVER

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 2nd October 2011, 19:26

Greatest Nemelex gambit EVER

I officially love Nemelex as my new favorite deity.

This is what happened: I've got a Ghoul Monk of Nemelex (Rank ****..) in D:13 after having been chased there by a sudden appearance of Nessos (Centaur unique with a Longbow) and almost died-- only to be greeted by a Hill Giant RIGHT NEXT to me (it even took a swing and thankfully "barely missed"). Like a madman I start running away with only half my HP, while Jellyfish and I think an Electric Eel are taking potshots at me (I tried luring the Hill Giant into the shallows to slow it down and it didn't work). Then what happens? Four-headed Hydra shows up to cut off my escape. o_o

I decided to Blink behind them and get some distance, using my last Blink Scroll.

Then I decided to try one of my several Nemelex card decks to see if I could deal with these threats here and now instead of leave them to be picked off by them later. I had a collection of Ornate Decks of Destruction, but because this was a special occasion, I decided to draw from my Legendary Deck of Dungeons.

"You drew the Minefield." I was like, "What?"

I continue running, and my very first step is a Bolt Trap. Right after that the Hound Zombie hits a Dart Trap and the Manticore is brought to half health in one hit by a Blade Trap. I grinned, having a good idea of what the Minefield Card just did.

The next thing that happened was unbelievable.

"The Hill Giant vanishes instantly! A Zot Trap is here."

......I just... stared at that blankly for several seconds, and then burst out in hysterical cackling laughter right here at the Starbucks. WOW. WOW, TALK ABOUT LUCK. Most epic Hill Giant defeat + danger escape EVER for me. I can't stop grinning. :D :D

So yeah, I think I'm going to play Nemelex a LOT more often from now on! That's all this was, just one of my Crazy Yiuf rants about something I found totally cool. Get used to them from me. ;D

EDIT: Correction. I love Nemelex, and I HATE Rupert. Never seen this guy before and his Beserk-ified Greatsword of Holy Wrath did over 70 damage in one hit. ;__; Bye bye Ghoulie...
Last edited by SchwaWarrior on Sunday, 2nd October 2011, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 2nd October 2011, 19:39

Re: Greatest Nemelex gambit EVER

That's odd. Usually you are hurt when an enemy in your sight triggers a zot trap. Does "vanishes instantly" just mean the Hill Giant is invisible now?

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Sunday, 2nd October 2011, 19:43

jejorda2 wrote:That's odd. Usually you are hurt when an enemy in your sight triggers a zot trap. Does "vanishes instantly" just mean the Hill Giant is invisible now?

Yes, I was mistaken; the Hill Giant wandered into a Teleport Trap, not the Zot Trap. Later on he must have, though, 'cause from all the way across the map later on I got:

"You hear a "zot"!"
"You hear a "zot"!"
"You hear a "zot"!"x2
"You hear a "zot"!"

And I was like, "Derp, they're meandering into my minefield..." XDDD
--Schwa, your local muse forever and long-time High Elf fangirl ^_~
(also the master of Quadri-Birds)

TheProvocateur: I like how we're sprinting at a pile of greater mummies

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 3rd October 2011, 11:37

SchwaWarrior wrote:EDIT: Correction. I love Nemelex, and I HATE Rupert. Never seen this guy before and his Beserk-ified Greatsword of Holy Wrath did over 70 damage in one hit. ;__; Bye bye Ghoulie...

Rupert seems to get some extra RNG love for spawning with gear designed to make your life painful. The one time I've died at his hands to date (not that I've killed him every game I've seen him), he had rPois armour...and I was a venom mage who had not yet branched out into more generic damaging stuff.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner