Species Idea: Armagus

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Saturday, 15th August 2020, 01:14

Species Idea: Armagus

Armagi are creatures that can cast in armour and shield without any added spell failure chance. All other penalties still apply. They also are slow. Generally like humans, but they gain levels at the speed of draconians.

What do you think?
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 15th August 2020, 15:15

Re: Species Idea: Armagus

Sounds like you are making cheibriados a race.

For this message the author braveplatypus has received thanks: 2
Majang, Shtopit

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 15th August 2020, 20:31

Rename it to Armanus, plural Armani. Entirely like humans, but all wearables, such as cloaks, hats, gloves, robes, boots, and all jewellery cost twice as much in shops, without giving any noticeable benefit. I guess that would be a challenge species.
Maɟaŋ

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 16th August 2020, 01:03

How would they work stat-wise? I have the sense Str would be mostly wasted on them; but maybe not?

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 18th August 2020, 00:35

braveplatypus wrote:Sounds like you are making cheibriados a race.

Damn, hahaha, you really got it! Somehow I hadn't noticed. But then, we also have Makhleb weapons, and such a character could also go for a god that gifts spells. Maybe Gargoyles also are close...

andrew wrote:How would they work stat-wise? I have the sense Str would be mostly wasted on them; but maybe not?

Yes, the idea is that of a primary caster with lots of AC without fiddling with transmutations or simpler buffs (like Ozocubu or Shround of Golubria). So magic would be the main killdudes, which incentivates INT. However, my experience with high AC is limited to high STR characters. STR gives you EV and other useful effects, so I'm not sure that it would play like a fighter who uses spells instead of the sword.

I'd also have to check close-range spells, to see whether it would play significantly different from any (slow) caster: after all, you still want to avoid being hit, with or without armour. I think it could have a nice interaction with the pain brand, however (assuming you can hit anything).
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 21st August 2020, 13:54

sounds like sand dwarfs (bcrawl)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner