New changes to Transmuter spell book

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 20th July 2020, 21:03

New changes to Transmuter spell book

I just started a new trunk game with the fancy new Palentonga species (whatever that is), and because it has a nice tail attack, I started as a transmuter. Now then there were some surprises with the spells from the Book of Changes, the starting spell book of transmuters.
  • I noticed that my character didn't pick up arrows, and sure enough, the spell Sticks to Snakes is gone. Is it gone entirely?
  • Beastly Appendage became more powerful, by giving you two secondary attacks. But it is also more costly, as it melds all secondary armor.
  • There is a new level 2 spell in the book, Wereblood, which works essentially like Song of Slaying. Killing enemies works as a slaying boost for a short time.
On first reflection, I quite like the changes - I always rejoice when a spell providing allies is replaced by something less annoying.
Maɟaŋ

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 20th July 2020, 21:24

Re: New changes to Transmuter spell book

Majang wrote:Is it gone entirely?

Yes
See http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk ... -july-2020
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
Majang

Tomb Titivator

Post Wednesday, 22nd July 2020, 17:19

But I love sticks to snacks! :(

I love sticks to snakes too! :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 22nd July 2020, 17:33

delarado wrote:But I love sticks to snacks! :(

Snap into a slim-jim?

(I mean if eating wood is your thing, I'm pretty sure those are at least 40% sawdust)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner