Old returning player

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 11th June 2020, 12:13

Old returning player

I used to play and post a fair bit, stopped around the 0.19 version, I think. Gotten the itch again, so dusted off the old Tavern account and here I am. It's gratifying to see a lot of the usual names around, as well as new people.

Still getting used to the changes in the current version, but for the most part they seem pretty positive.

Anyway, no real point to this post, but I guess that's true for most of CYC. If anyone wants to catch me up on DCSS developments in the past few years (briefly, lol), I'd appreciate it.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 11th June 2020, 13:13

Re: Old returning player

Welcome back!

There are two things that stand out to me, monsters like trolls and dragons directly drop armour (you don't have to enchant it to upgrade or to chop the body to skin it), and the search function has become a lot better. Equipment in monster inventory is now fully ID, which means that you don't have to try on the many cloaks dropped by Draconians in Zot. Ogres and Vampires have become very different. There are a couple new species (Barachi and Gnolls). Player ghosts have been jailed. Magic books don't take any room in the inventory.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

For this message the author Shtopit has received thanks:
DracheReborn

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 11th June 2020, 14:42

Thanks!

Oh, I was around for the troll and dragon armour change. I have yet to try new/revamped species, so I'll make a point of that.

I really like that player ghost change. Not only that they're locked away, but that there's some nice loot in there with them. Also, I really like that blowguns are gone. Previously, I couldn't be bothered with needles in half my games because of the tedium, but now they're almost a joy to use.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 11th June 2020, 15:06

You're welcome! There's another big change I had forgotten about, and that's that each game you start comes with a number (the "seed"). You can use "choose game seed" in the main menu to insert a seed and generate that particular dungeon. You can also use other people seed.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 11th June 2020, 16:18

If you're playing trunk the elemental spellcasting has been reworked in a fairly major way. (particularly FE/IE)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 28th June 2020, 23:22

Regeneration is no longer a spell, in one of the biggest player nerfs of all time (not kidding!)

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner