DCSS familiar - a weapon damage calculator

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 29th December 2019, 06:41

DCSS familiar - a weapon damage calculator

I have made a damage calculator in case anyone is interested. Here is the link: http://www.dcssfamiliar.com/

Some features:
  • The familiar will calculate weapon damage based on weapon types, skills, strength, +, slaying and enemy armor.
  • You can increase the values for skills, strength, slaying and armor to experiment.
  • If there are monsters in sight it will load their basic attributes. If there are no monsters in sight it will give a fixed sample of monsters.
  • Note that the damage calculated doesn't include hit chance. The highlighted "Damage per turn" will give you the "potential" (hitting every time) average damage per turn, and it will display the brand damage next to it. On the lines below that it will give an average, max damage and finally it will give the weapon speed in auts.

The familiar allows sharing links. Here's some examples from the scores page:

Future implementations:
  • I think the next thing that will be implemented is the weapon skill cross training. You can see the lack of it in the first linked game from yermak. He has high skill on axes, if the cross training was in effect on the familiar, his sacred scourge damage would be on par with the axes, and actually exceeding them with the holy damage against demons and undead.
  • Spell power calculator
  • If the monster information is helpful, I can also add a search functionality. I'm not sure a search functionality is needed since we have beem and the wiki. The familiar will be faster than the wiki for a search, but the wiki has much more info. I'll wait for feedback on that. (I am not looking forward to implementing the monster xp that the wiki lists...).
There's still plenty of bugs. Feel free to send me an email (it is in the website) for any bug, suggestion or request.
P.S.: Here's a small youtube video if you need some help on how-to load the character file youtube link.

For this message the author ezmonkey has received thanks: 6
chequers, delarado, DracheReborn, Ge0ff, TheMeInTeam, VeryAngryFelid

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 29th December 2019, 14:11

Re: DCSS familiar - a weapon damage calculator

Nice stuff! I was looking for something like this recently.

One suggestion - it may be a good idea to make the "Character dump file" text box larger. I saw the size of it and immediately assumed I just had to paste the link to an online morgue, which didn't work.

It would be great if the box was larger and said "Paste morgue text here" or if it had the ability to load from an online morgue file, or parse pasted text (Giving you either option)

Nice work man!

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 30th December 2019, 00:00

Before I even started making the tool, my idea was to make it load morgues even more simply. I wanted to type "ezmonkey" and it would find my current run from the servers. Then I learned how to implement things on the web and realized I couldn't do it with the coding approach I took. I may be able to try that once again, since I had to create a backend (that I was trying to avoid at the beginning).

Thanks for the feedback.
It's nice to know that this can help someone :) . I just added a to-do "tab". Knowing that someone likes it makes it easier to continue implementing down the list.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2019, 12:49

Nice tool, thanks!
What would work very well would be for the webtiles chat bots to be able to launch it on command, on a new tab page, with the current game's data and LoS monsters.
make food great again

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 31st December 2019, 17:00

That's an interesting idea. I can look into that once I have the tool more complete. I wanted to look into beem code, so that would be a good excuse to do so.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 30th January 2020, 12:12

Hey,

Just tried to use this tool and it doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps it's not implemented yet for what I want it to do? I was trying to compare the damage output for the same character in Statue form, and dragon form.

The tool doesn't seem to account for the forms though. Both show 6.4 Auts attack even though Statue form is 0.9 in game. I'd also expect to see a much more pronounced difference in the average hit damage and max hit damage.

Statue form dump:
https://pastebin.com/gcVYHEuM
  Code:
Damage

Damage per turn: 68.1

Reduction per turn: -0.8

Average hit damage: 43.5

Max hit damage: 199.8

Speed (auts): 6.4

Dragon Form dump:
https://pastebin.com/WeNeF53u

Code:
Damage

Damage per turn: 62.6

Reduction per turn: -0.8

Average hit damage: 40.0

Max hit damage: 188.5

Speed (auts): 6.4

Thanks for all of your work putting it together!

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 31st January 2020, 18:17

Seems to work for me, and is a much more convenient option than fsim. Thanks!

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner