nerf gozag

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 29th April 2019, 05:21

nerf gozag

Since gozag is the god of capitalism, worship should cause rapid acceleration of climate change, ending the game in 50,000 turns after worship instead of the normal 200 million turn cap. This can't be undone by abandonment. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 7
Airwolf, delarado, duvessa, lauregami, MisterPersonMan, nago, Stairdancer

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 29th April 2019, 18:49

Re: nerf gozag

Serious suggestion: Gozag should take 1% of the player's current gold every 300 turns.

For this message the author Rast has received thanks: 2
runewalsh, Vanguardan

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 13:40

I'm not sure turning Gozag into a bread-swinging god would make the game more fun :/.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 13:49

I don't care about Gozag as long as it makes food game worse than it already is.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 16:50

For mummies and spriggans she does not change the food game.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 16:51

And for not-Tr-Gh-Vp he actually improves it!
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 17:14

turn potion petition into a private health insurance system where after you use your "free" one you have to start paying your share of the cost every x amount of turns and it nearly bankrupts you every time

also gozag becomes the primary care provider for the entire dungeon and withholds the ability for players to drink potions. if a player actually needs a potion (like curing while dying of fatal poison) gozag quintuples the amount of the potion.

scrolls are only administered through private therapy sessions who only accept gozag's exorbitantly expensive insurance

i have the starcursed mass effect in my mind forever and gozag doesn't give a shit and just keeps giving me referrals for some gastric band surgery they have a deal with instead of just doing something

i can't move
fuck

For this message the author lauregami has received thanks: 4
chequers, duvessa, ichbins, Stairdancer

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 19:03

This got very real very quickly
make food great again

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 30th April 2019, 23:21

lauregami wrote: you have to start paying your share of the cost every x amount of turns and it nearly bankrupts you every time

Nearly bankrupts? Your debt should always be larger than the amount of gold you actually have. You'll be allowed to carry a few coins that will be referred to as a "budget" but spending anything incurs penance. Doing so is rather difficult though as with only ~20-30 coins (and about 12,000 debt), you likely can't even afford bread to eat. If you attempt to steal from a shop your character is forcibly renamed to Jean Valjean.

DCSS: 1700's edition.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 03:37

sanka wrote:For mummies and spriggans she does not change the food game.
With those characters I don't use Gozag for another reason - too close to cheating.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 03:39

nago wrote:And for not-Tr-Gh-Vp he actually improves it!
How so? By making me check spell hunger and gold in order not to starve?

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 15:42

Eating chunks meticulously to conserve rations is a bit annoying. Gozag prevents that minigame entirely, and ensures more food if you need it. Unless you're really spamming the hunger spells/rage amulet Gozag doesn't put the player at serious risk of starvation, so there's less micromanagement overall.

Also don't see how mummy of Gozag is "close to cheating". It's still weaker than most species/god combos and hunger is not a sufficient problem for most species that this is some huge advantage to a mummy. At most it's a difference of one food shop, which implies a mummy of gozag is up 1k-2k gold on other species of Gozag...and this cash advantage is back-loaded/late game. That doesn't appear to be even close to enough "winrate compensation"; I expect other species of Gozag to still do better consistently.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 15:47

TheMeInTeam wrote:Eating chunks meticulously to conserve rations is a bit annoying.

Putting:
  Code:
auto_butcher = hungry
auto_eat_chunks = true

In your settings pretty much completely removes all tedium/annoyance associated, presuming you use autoexplore.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 16:25

Siegurt wrote:
TheMeInTeam wrote:Eating chunks meticulously to conserve rations is a bit annoying.

Putting:
  Code:
auto_butcher = hungry
auto_eat_chunks = true

In your settings pretty much completely removes all tedium/annoyance associated, presuming you use autoexplore.

I actually just autobutcher w/o the hungry check (hurts turn count a bit, but if someone is making a serious play for turncount they probably shouldn't auto explore anyway).

Autoexploring isn't always safe and when not using it you wind up butchering/eating manually a fair amount regardless. Not so for no-food-clock mummies or followers of Gozag in general.

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 16:31

If you move at least 2 tiles with a mouse-click, you also auto-eat/butcher. I often use this to safe keypresses :mrgreen:

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 1st May 2019, 16:48

That requires physically moving your hand away from both "o" and movement keys to grab the mouse. At that point the manual inputs start looking competitive!

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 2nd May 2019, 07:30

VeryAngryFelid wrote:

It was a semi-joke post, for "caster" he is annoying, but if you play "melee" dudes he removes all the eat chunk mini game which is a great thing.
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 2nd May 2019, 10:49

nago wrote:
VeryAngryFelid wrote:

It was a semi-joke post, for "caster" he is annoying, but if you play "melee" dudes he removes all the eat chunk mini game which is a great thing.

I use options for autobutchering every corpse and autoeating when hungry or below so I don't see difference with other gods for melee dudes, with any god I just press o.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner