Feature request: show enemy spell damage under XV

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 17th April 2019, 02:01

Feature request: show enemy spell damage under XV

If you XV a monster, you currently see their base melee/ranged damage. You also see what weapon they're using, and if you add their base damage to the base weapon damage you can easily get an idea of how much damage they can do to you. You can do this without the help of an infobot or looking anything up outside of the game. It's great.

Unfortunately, the game refuses to tell you how much damage, say, Erolcha's LCS will do. Optimal play requires you to go outside of the game to find this out. If you're like me you probably have most of those numbers memorized, but this isn't the case for most people and generally represents an unnecessary information barrier.

Spell damage should be displayed under XV, perhaps where "range" currently is displayed (since you can see the range by going to the spell). I'd write the code myself but hell will probably freeze over before one of my PRs is accepted. As a result I'm just putting this out here for discussion instead. Is there a design reason why melee damage isn't obfuscated in-game but spell damage is?

Edit: This post was quietly edited by an admin with no public notice. I don't think this should happen. In the future please don't make it look like I said things that I didn't, Marvin. Thank you.
Last edited by MalcolmRose on Wednesday, 17th April 2019, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author MalcolmRose has received thanks: 4
MisterPersonMan, nago, Sprucery, TheMeInTeam

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 17th April 2019, 02:09

Re: Feature request: show enemy spell damage under XV

I agree. It should be displayed just like MR-defeat-chance is displayed. I look this up on the wiki every game I play.

(It would be cool if the colour could change if the max-damage is greater than your current hp, just like the colour of the range changes depending on whether you're in range. But that's probably too much to ask)

For this message the author petercordia has received thanks: 3
MalcolmRose, nago, runewalsh

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner