Damn it, Game..

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 01:18

Damn it, Game..

What funny, weird, and/or stupid things have happened to you in your recent games?

Today I thought I would try a MuVM of Ashenzari. When I found the temple, I found it to be encircled with plants with the temple stairs in the middle. Right next to the stairs was an oklob sapling. I nearly died trying to get in; I had to spam mephetic cloud all over to finally reach the stairs, barely surviving to make it into the temple. And what do I find? Not an alter of Ashenzari thats for sure! I tried all of my scrolls, none teleport, so I braved the staircase again and was 2shotted by the plant.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 02:28

Re: Damn it, Game..

Hah, I played an Ogre Assassin for the first time a couple days ago. First ring I found was a ring of hunger, ok no problem let's check my scrolls. Oops, I cursed my blowgun, now I can't cut up corpses for food. Died a slow death running around trying to find a scroll of remove curse. Poor bastard.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 08:41

I had Sigmund spawn directly adjacent to me the moment I stepped onto D:2.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 09:31

Welcome to the club.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 14:21

I wanted to try the new AK spellbook in trunk so I downloaded it. I thought inner fire and enslave to be a combo in the spirit of vampires, even tho not recommended, I chose this. I turned off unarmed and throwing, and used my javelins to survive until level 4, where i had developed the stealth skill. I skimped out on "slow" to gain access to enslave and inner fire earlier. I then enslaved/inner fired a bat to do my bidding. The gnoll completely ignored the bat and went for me, so I speared him with a javelin. My bat then threw off his shackles and started chasing me. I thought "what's one inner fire" and stabbed him. Instantly killed from full health to 0. I recognize this is my fault, but I had to lol

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 18th September 2011, 16:06

I've been killed by the oklob sapling temple vault, too. I usually don't have a good way to deal with oklobs at temple depth, and I don't have a good feeling for how strong saplings are relative to plants because afaik they don't appear outside of that one vault (and in sprint or defense or one of the other offshoots.) And by the time I get to temple, I usually need an altar or a stash or a rest or something else that temple provides.

I don't know much about how monster attack strenghts work, but the bots list both oklob plants and saplings as having an acid splash with 10-57 damage, which is a lot at temple when acid resistance is so rare. Should saplings have a speed of 3 instead of 10 to make them less dangerous?

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 08:10

i happily played my Demonspawn Berserker, was very excited about being able to buy the fabled Hat of the Alchemist (rF+ rC+ rElec and 30 MR) and, how could it be different, got the Horns 3 mutation from my heritage...
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 13:29

slowcar wrote:i happily played my Demonspawn Berserker, was very excited about being able to buy the fabled Hat of the Alchemist (rF+ rC+ rElec and 30 MR) and, how could it be different, got the Horns 3 mutation from my heritage...

You should still be able to wear a cap even with horns 3, right?
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 14:04

Stormfox wrote:You should still be able to wear a cap even with horns 3, right?

i thought so, but the cap changed to non-wearable. i'll get a chardump when i am at home. maybe it's a bug.
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 14:23

it's intentional.
i think you can still wear caps with antennae 3, but i wouldn't swear on it.
Wins: DDBe (3 runes, morgue file)

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 17:36

Was playing an arcane marksman, and ran into Eustachio. At first I let him sleep, but a teleport trap forced me to engage him. He had a sabre of electrocution, so I barely managed to kill him by using up my potions of healing. Not 10 steps later, I found a set of poisoned arrows.

P.S. AtT, Inner Flame does 3d20 damage, and more for very large creatures. I learned that the hard way myself.

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 19th September 2011, 17:44

Tiber wrote:Was playing an arcane marksman, and ran into Eustachio. At first I let him sleep, but a teleport trap forced me to engage him. He had a sabre of electrocution, so I barely managed to kill him by using up my potions of healing. Not 10 steps later, I found a set of poisoned arrows.

P.S. AtT, Inner Flame does 3d20 damage, and more for very large creatures. I learned that the hard way myself.

I think inner flame is far more dangerous to the caster than the targets. I still love it though lol. Also:
Conjure Flame
###
#J#
###
and Inner Flame the Jelly. Smack it with fireballs cuz fuck jellies.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 15:21

Started a DSFi, oh hey D1 Oka altar. My mutations? Claws, hooves, horns, demonic guardian.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner