Are there Auto-explore options?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 25th February 2019, 19:03

Are there Auto-explore options?

Hey crawlers,

I'm trying to increase my playing speed as I'm definitely a slow crawler.
One of the things I find frustrating with auto-explore is that it stops at every newly detected item such as generic robes.
Is there a way to have auto-explore ignore certain items?

Also, if you know of other ways to increase playing speed, please share.

I play on a laptop and one of my macros maps the unused p key to the 5 key (long rest). The advantage of this is that the p key is next to the o key for autoexplore.

Cheers,
RoGGa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 25th February 2019, 19:34

Re: Are there Auto-explore options?

RoGGa wrote:Is there a way to have auto-explore ignore certain items?

See the options starting with explore (notably explore_stop_pickup_ignore)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 25th February 2019, 19:50

ok...seems a bit complicated. How do I make it ignore generic robes but not runed robes (or robes in blue text) and artefact robes?

FWIW: Online ref to options_guide.txt https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/docs/options_guide.txt

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 25th February 2019, 20:23

RoGGa wrote:ok...seems a bit complicated. How do I make it ignore generic robes but not runed robes (or robes in blue text) and artefact robes?

FWIW: Online ref to options_guide.txt https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/docs/options_guide.txt

I think that would be something like:
  Code:
explore_greedy = false
explore_stop  = glowing_items,artifacts,stairs,shops,altars,portals,branches,runed_doors,runes
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 26th February 2019, 00:23

I think that would be something like:
  Code:
explore_greedy = false
explore_stop  = glowing_items,artifacts,stairs,shops,altars,portals,branches,runed_doors,runes

It doesn't work withe the 1st line: explore_greedy = false

With just the 2nd line, I then need to add all the generic items I want to pickup like:
  Code:
autopickup_exceptions += <boots, <gloves

I'll add another reply when I've experimented with it a lot and will post the exact lines added to my rc/init file

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner