Quickcrawl Showcase

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 6th November 2018, 04:11

Quickcrawl Showcase

Hey guys. My name is Malcolm Rose and I run a YouTube channel with DCSS content. Sometimes I play to do showcases of DCSS forks and other things I find interesting, and I came across aaronegolden's QuickCrawl recently. This fork, according to him, was made for the following reason:

"I'm a long time on-again off-again DCSS player, and lately I've been "on" again, but feeling like I don't have the time to sink into a typical, even three rune game. I usually need something around 4-6 hours to finish a three rune game, but what I really want is just a coffee-break."

This fork has a lot of promise and I had a lot of fun making showcase videos for it -- check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... heTKgQJMXB

Play the fork here: http://quickcrawl.org/

I wrote a more extensive writeup here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dcss/comments/ ... _showcase/

Thanks - hope you guys enjoy!
Malcolm

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 6th November 2018, 23:34

Re: Quickcrawl Showcase

I cleared D:1 which was pretty tame. I then went down the stairs to D:2 and immediately took 120 damage from that ring-of-humans V:5-esque vault. 10/10 would play again. :lol:
Current Victories:
Spoiler: show
3 Runes: GrEE^Ru, CeBe^Trog, SpEn^Gozag, KoAr^Dith, TeAE^Kiku, TrCK^Xom.
4 Runes: VSFi^Qaz.
5 Runes: DsGl^Oka, MiGl^Hep, GnWz^Sif.
9 Runes: DDAr^Makh.
15 Runes: HOFi^TSO->Zin, DEFE^Veh
For now...

For this message the author Vanguardan has received thanks:
nago

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2018, 21:52

Re: Quickcrawl Showcase

Vanguardan wrote:I cleared D:1 which was pretty tame. I then went down the stairs to D:2 and immediately took 120 damage from that ring-of-humans V:5-esque vault. 10/10 would play again. :lol:

LOL, yeah - the D:1 -- D:2 transition seems to be the hardest point in the game as it currently is. I got a Sphinx as soon as I went downstairs on my first attempt - pretty rough stuff. This is a very new fork and he's still working on balance fixes.

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 7th November 2018, 22:47

Vanguardan wrote:I cleared D:1 which was pretty tame. I then went down the stairs to D:2 and immediately took 120 damage from that ring-of-humans V:5-esque vault. 10/10 would play again. :lol:

But you have to admit that the name Quickcrawl is totally right...

For this message the author Turukano has received thanks:
MalcolmRose

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner