Gnolls are pretty fun.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 27th August 2018, 23:54

Gnolls are pretty fun.

I've been playing a bit of Gnoll recently and it's pretty fun. It's nice to be able to actually use things you find on the floor, mix and match spells, and so on. Ok, I have Chei on the character in question, so I can statuecast with 45 int and so on, but it's fun to be able to use a variety of spells and not have them have ~0 marginal value (like they would on a typical character).
remove food

For this message the author tabstorm has received thanks: 2
nago, Rast

Tomb Titivator

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 13:23

Re: Gnolls are pretty fun.

Gnolls are also pretty awesome with Okawaru. You get to use a lot of larger weapons by Lair-Orc and really kick your way through with whatever is available.

They are a bit slower with spells and invocations early on, as they're distributing all the training around. But it's true they have enough skill to get spells online too eventually -- even with armor!

I actually find it kind of hard to let go of Oka and play gnolls with anything else. But I don't get into Chei easily. :oops:
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 29th August 2018, 23:45

Chei would definitely help if you're trying to do the caster + armor route, but if you're going for just a fighter, okawaru is a lot more straightforward, and heroism will basically help you get anything reasonable to min delay about the time a normal race could.

Plus assuming you find statue form, I have a hard time playing chei characters as anything but statue form, which then means you probably are using unarmed and not switching weapons anymore :P

Abyss Ambulator

Post Thursday, 30th August 2018, 23:43

It was a GnIE, so I started out using ice magic, added some more spells, then added Statue Form once I found it. I think almost every Chei character I play does UC + Statue. I actually think it's one of the easiest character types to win with and has one of the easiest extended games, but this is probably a hot take most will not agree with.
remove food

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner