killed by...in tournament

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 13th August 2018, 14:06

killed by...in tournament

I noticed a few funnies at the bottom of this tournament page:
http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.22/killers.html

These are "killers" who are accredited with killing one player. I found the last 3 somewhat unexpected!
  Code:
Crazy Yiuf the porcupine
Eustachio the hound
Gastronok the iron giant
Maurice the blink frog
Pikel the raiju
Sigmund the steam dragon
Sigmund the wolf
self_aimed
something
the capriciousness of Xom

If you notice any other funnies/unexpected further up in the list (or have been added as a new killer), please post!

For this message the author RoGGa has received thanks: 2
Fingolfin, nago

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 27th August 2018, 23:39

Re: killed by...in tournament

I might bookmark this for the next time people ask why I rarely use polymorph.

:lol:
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 01:56

how does a jackal get a ranged kill? I mean most of the rest of the non-ranged monsters could at least use wands, but I'm fairly sure a jackal can't do anything ranged...

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 02:47

tasonir wrote:how does a jackal get a ranged kill? I mean most of the rest of the non-ranged monsters could at least use wands, but I'm fairly sure a jackal can't do anything ranged...

Does self inflicted harm from e.g. Pain attribute the kill to who it was casted on? Or does it have its own thing?

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 03:27

monstrous warmonger
sickly merfolk siren
titan shaped Royal Jelly
freezing
Grinder the apocalypse crab
Grinder the doom hound
miscasting Olgreb's Toxic Radiance
Prince Ribbit the fire crab (glowing shapeshifter)
Psyche the ice beast
Sigmund the naga
Sigmund the porcupine (shapeshifter)
Sigmund the steam dragon
Snorg the acid dragon
Sonja the big kobold
the severe capriciousness of Xom
Urug the salamander

..and with 2 kills:

you

...and with 3 kills:

falling_down_stairs

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 04:35

Jackals get ranged kills from inner flame.

Pain can't actually kill its caster, if you have 1 HP and cast Pain it just won't damage you.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 18:57

Interesting that Mara and Mnoleg, despite being "normal" enemies (as opposed to polymorphed, or random pan lords) only have one kill each. Plus, Mara is generally considered one of the more dangerous enemies!

Wonder how much of that is due to people not running into him, and how much is people nopeing out of there the instant they see him.

Cigotuvi's Monster at least, and cherubs and bennu, probably fall into the "not often encountered" enemies, explaining their solo kills, though it's a little embarrassing to see that ironbrand convokers and shadow demons have only 1, considering how many you'll run into.

Even Dispater and Louise only manage 2, though to be fair, Louise is more likely to kill you via banishment than direct damage. Though it's worth noting that "Gastronok the Shard Shrike" also has two kills! :lol:

For this message the author Aean has received thanks:
RoGGa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 28th August 2018, 19:09

Aean wrote:though it's a little embarrassing to see that ironbrand convokers and shadow demons have only 1, considering how many you'll run into.

Convokers are also likely to kill you indirectly, rather than directly (I don't know if shadow demon's summons count towards the shadow demon's kills directly for this purpose)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 29th August 2018, 15:07

Siegurt wrote:
Aean wrote:though it's a little embarrassing to see that ironbrand convokers and shadow demons have only 1, considering how many you'll run into.

Convokers are also likely to kill you indirectly, rather than directly (I don't know if shadow demon's summons count towards the shadow demon's kills directly for this purpose)

Ahh, true. I was thinking smoke demons, not shadow demons. And yeah, I guess you're right. Convokers are also mostly indirect-damage killers. I bet summoners get their summons' kills credited to them, but convokers don't, because they're not...well, summoned, in the game sense, just recalled.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner