Draft documentation of the clua API

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 9th July 2018, 20:04

Draft documentation of the clua API

Hi friends. It's well known that you can use "Lua magic" in your .crawlrc file to do cool things. But the magic itself comes in whispered fragments from wizards who put forth the work digging through the crawl code to figure out what is available in Lua.

Starting with some existing documentation in the comments of the c source, plus reading elliptic's qw, and Leszczynek's pastebin documenting monster and monster.info, I spent some time compiling a solid API doc. Check it out: http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~ebering/crawl/lua/. There are certainly typos, possibly lies, and definitely several references to C header files for enum types, so there's still room for improvement. I'd welcome your feedback and comments.

If you're worried about me nuking this off the face of the internet, don't worry, there's a pull request to land this into the main crawl distribution. Hopefully it will find a home on cdo or some other more permanent crawl webspace in the near future.

For this message the author ebering has received thanks: 9
Airwolf, bel, chequers, Ge0ff, Implojin, Leszczynek, pedritolo, PseudoLoneWolf, runewalsh

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 19th July 2018, 01:11

Re: Draft documentation of the clua API

I really wish that this had existed back when I was learning Crawl.

Please please please integrate this into the DCSS distributions and keep it maintained.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 19th July 2018, 16:07

Re: Draft documentation of the clua API

Wow thanks, I had no clua.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner