No more trunk build update?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 29th June 2018, 10:25

No more trunk build update?

Hi,
it is a lot of time since the last trunk-build update has been posted on the wordpress blog (last one was Nov 25, 2017), and in the past we got at least one update per month.
Is there any other way to have more frequent updates on the development status?

Regards
SiS :mrgreen:

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 29th June 2018, 13:13

Re: No more trunk build update?

You can read the commits to trunk here.

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 1st July 2018, 06:01

I will be making one in the next week. The release tournament will probably be in August, so there will be an announcement about that some time afterwards. Can't make any promises about monthly update posts, but hopefully we can get a few more of those in the next cycle. Development often happens in bursts where we can make posts more frequently for a while, followed by periods where things aren't yet ready for trunk, so there's less to post about.

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks: 2
Fingolfin, RoGGa

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 1st July 2018, 17:44

Good to know. Thank you!

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 1st July 2018, 20:27

gammafunk wrote:I will be making one in the next week. The release tournament will probably be in August, so there will be an announcement about that some time afterwards. Can't make any promises about monthly update posts, but hopefully we can get a few more of those in the next cycle. Development often happens in bursts where we can make posts more frequently for a while, followed by periods where things aren't yet ready for trunk, so there's less to post about.

In the future, a possible way to make this somewhat 'automatic' would be for important commits to add a change to the file: /crawl/docs/changelog.txt
Just a thought

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 8th July 2018, 09:49

Here's the latest Trunk ChangeLog update up to release 604:
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/9281fa2407993a3a04f5560b6e3d9cf83585df06

Thanks gammafunk! :D

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 8th July 2018, 14:02

Thanks!!!! :D

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 8th July 2018, 21:08

You might have already seen this, but in case not, there was a trunk update post on the blog as well:

http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk ... ament-info

For this message the author gammafunk has received thanks:
RoGGa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 9th July 2018, 02:02

Harpoon Shot, a range 6 ability for swamp worms and iron giants that fires a shot which pulls the player adjacent. If something like deep water or lava blocks your path to the monster, we throw in free collision damage!
Am I reading this right? If a swamp worm harpoon shots you, and there's deep water in the way, it does extra damage?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 9th July 2018, 04:09

duvessa wrote:
Harpoon Shot, a range 6 ability for swamp worms and iron giants that fires a shot which pulls the player adjacent. If something like deep water or lava blocks your path to the monster, we throw in free collision damage!
Am I reading this right? If a swamp worm harpoon shots you, and there's deep water in the way, it does extra damage?

Can confirm, extra damage is real. Does standard "collision" damage aka:
  Code:
    dice_def damage(2, 1 + pow / 10);

with max enchantment power of 50 for harpoon shot (so 2d6)

Was killed by collision damage right after harpoon shot was added, did not love it, it seemed pretty awful to be killed by "colliding" with deep water.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 9th July 2018, 22:40

What about changes to Shields? (I'm guessing that change happened after the Blog post.)

In 0.22-a0-608-... I just noticed a buckler only requires "Skill to remove penalty: 2.4"
Seems strange to me since it the first time I recall coming across a "Skill to remove penalty" that has a decimal component.

If this change make it to the tournament with no tweek, I expect: A buckler found is a buckler worn!

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 9th July 2018, 22:53

That's not new.

You need 4/15/25 skill to eliminate evasion, melee speed, and casting penalties for bucklers/shields/large shields for normal races, 5.6/21/- for kobolds and halflings, 7.2/-/- for spriggans, 2.4/9/15 for nagas, centaurs, and formicids, -/9/15 for trolls and ogres.

Your size dictates how easily you can use different shields, and "large creatures with human torsos and formicids" (the most awkward category) train shields to no penalty bucklers at 2.4

For this message the author Stonar has received thanks:
RoGGa

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 9th July 2018, 23:28

Doh! :oops: lol
I guess I've been playing mostly Normal sized races until very recently when I went all in trying FoAK with only sporadic success past Early Game.
Thanks for the detailed lesson.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner