improvement for TAB and 'o'

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 12th October 2018, 19:48

improvement for TAB and 'o'

I've often accidentally explored whilst at low hp or mp. I think it would be nice if the game asked a confirmation when you are missing a significant amount of mp or hp. Something like, if you're below 80% hp or mp, and press 'o', "Really explore whilst wounded? (confirm with 'Y')"

In a similar vain, but the opposite way, I think it would be nice if TAB asked for a confirmation, rather then cease functioning entirely. I appreciate being warned when I've lost halve my hp (especially if I'm still looking at a room full of monsters), but sometimes 'attack nearest/only enemy' is precisely what I want to do. This is particularly common on an early-game DD.
For me it would be ideal if there was one threshold at ~75% hp, which had to be confirmed with 'Y', and remembered my choice until the next time I reach 80% hp.
If this was implemented, I would also like a threshold at ~25% hp, with a message like "Really attack the closest critter? like REALLY? (confirm with 'yes')" Again, the choice should be remembered until the character has healed.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 12th October 2018, 20:04

Re: improvement for TAB and 'o'

From the options guide:

Crawl's options help wrote:rest_wait_both = false
If rest_wait_both is set to true then resting will only stop
when both HP and MP are fully restored, not when either one of
them is restored.

rest_wait_percent = 100
When resting, if your HP or MP is below this percentage of being full,
it will stop resting when this percent of maximum HP or MP is refilled.
Resting after this point will still rest up to 100%.

explore_auto_rest = false
If true, auto-explore waits until your HP and MP are both at
rest_wait_percent before moving.

Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
Stonar

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 12th October 2018, 20:24

It would solve half the problem if I can figure out how to use that information, thanks :)
However, I play on underhound.eu:8080/#lobby, and I can't figure out how to change the options file :(

There is a small problem with 'o' which it wouldn't solve, which is that sometimes I do want to autoexplore with low hp or mp: When I'm on a mostly-complete floor, and I don't feel like wasting food.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 12th October 2018, 20:29

petercordia wrote:It would solve half the problem if I can figure out how to use that information, thanks :)
However, I play on underhound.eu:8080/#lobby, and I can't figure out how to change the options file :(

There is a small problem with 'o' which it wouldn't solve, which is that sometimes I do want to autoexplore with low hp or mp: When I'm on a mostly-complete floor, and I don't feel like wasting food.

On all the servers I've played there's an "Edit rc" link right next to the link to pick which version you're playing.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
petercordia

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 12th October 2018, 20:47

I'd like it if there were two autoattack buttons: One that only works when between 70%-100% HP, and the other which works when between 30%-70% HP

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 13th October 2018, 09:17

It would be great if there's a button that combines autocombat and autoexplore for the easier levels. You press it at the start of the level and as long as above a certain hp level it will attack, explore and rest until the level is explored / there are only rune doors left.
If all the world were apple pie,
And all the sea were ink,
And all the trees were bread and cheese,
I'd still play Dungeon Crawl.

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 13th October 2018, 12:02

But then what if you autoexplore-combat, see a dangerous monster (like Mennas, or an early centaur warrior) and you only get control back when you're adjacent?
Or do you just mean you'de like 'o' to function like TAB when there's a monster in LOS and you're at high hp?

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 13th October 2018, 14:56

If you're going down that route might as well write a bot
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 13th October 2018, 17:24

Rast wrote:I'd like it if there were two autoattack buttons: One that only works when between 70%-100% HP, and the other which works when between 30%-70% HP

I like the way it works to cast spell (zap): lower case to cast a spell and upper case to "force" a spell cast. The same could apply to tab, with shift+tab acting as autoattack no matter what. And similarly "O" would auto-explore even when enemies are visible.

For this message the author Antares has received thanks:
petercordia

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 14th October 2018, 09:31

petercordia wrote:But then what if you autoexplore-combat, see a dangerous monster (like Mennas, or an early centaur warrior) and you only get control back when you're adjacent?

Maybe some kind of strength difference rule would work. You get control back when below a certain amount of HP, basically the same that stops autocombat now.

petercordia wrote:Or do you just mean you'de like 'o' to function like TAB when there's a monster in LOS and you're at high hp?

I think a seperate key would be good, as Fingolfin said, it's more in the direction of a early - level bot.

Reminds me of Demo-Mode from some early Games, where you could watch a (sometimes pre-recorded) sequence of the game, some games also had comments that would illustrate the features.
If all the world were apple pie,
And all the sea were ink,
And all the trees were bread and cheese,
I'd still play Dungeon Crawl.

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 15th October 2018, 03:28

petercordia wrote:...When I'm on a mostly-complete floor, and I don't feel like wasting food.

Don't make any decisions based on conserving food. It's almost completely irrelevant.

For this message the author bel has received thanks:
duvessa

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner