Emotes

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 07:03

Emotes

Why can't I do fluff emotes like a heroic pose, dab, or swinging my weapon menacingly :?:
In Ziggurat:27 born and raised, on the Zot stairs where I spent most of my days chilling out maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-breath outside of lungs. When a couple CK - they were up to no good - started makin trouble in my neighbourhood!

For this message the author FakerFangirl has received thanks:
duvessa

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 08:02

Re: Emotes

I for one, wouldn't mind more flavour text if someone wanted to write quality flavor text for unused hotkeys. I miss the prayer command when you had no god, honestly.

Edit: I think it was: "You spend a moment in introspection". Or was it in meditation. . . Or self-reflection?

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 17:41

Cornercat wrote:unused hotkeys

There are shockingly few of these, and I think it'd be better to keep them available for adding an actual new command, rather than something cosmetic. For reference, here is the entire list of unused keys, including all numbers, most reasonable punctuation, and lowercase/uppercase/ctrl+ variants of all English letters:

] - ^M p ^T ^V

Of those, ^M should probably be left alone, since it's really just the Enter key, so there are only 5 available keys.

But, if you'd like to define some fun flavour nonsense yourself, you can use a macro that expands to the : command (make a note). The note will end up in your morgue file as well, so everyone will know you were styling on that orb of fire.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 17:52

amalloy wrote:But, if you'd like to define some fun flavour nonsense yourself, you can use a macro that expands to the : command (make a note). The note will end up in your morgue file as well, so everyone will know you were styling on that orb of fire.

Or if you don't want the message to clutter your notes, you can macro to a Lua function that will output the text.
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 18:13

amalloy wrote:

There are shockingly few of these, and I think it'd be better to keep them available for adding an actual new command, rather than something cosmetic.
] - ^M p ^T ^V.

I don't see why p wouldn't be an appropriate flavor text hotkey. It was already serving this purpose a year or two ago before religion was moved out of the p key. Its also not like the key can't be seized if someone suddenly realizes they need it for a new command or feature.

As to mapping out flavor text myself for personal use, I'm honestly really bad at making flavor text. I was mostly commenting to show that I would appreciate more flavor text in Crawl, if someone wanted to add some :)

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 1st June 2018, 18:51

amalloy wrote:

There are shockingly few of these,

As long as the Keyboard Layout doesn't look like the one from Falcon, there are still enough key-combos left. :D
If all the world were apple pie,
And all the sea were ink,
And all the trees were bread and cheese,
I'd still play Dungeon Crawl.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner