cool new dwarf species

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 18th May 2018, 22:33

cool new dwarf species

duvessa wrote: Heck, I even liked the shared HP/MP mechanic on Dj before it got buried in special cases.

Metal Dwarves, or MD for short, are cool new dwarves that don't have magic but can cast from hp.

The gimmick:
MD always have 0 mp. Things that have mp costs (spells, god abilities, a couple evocable effects) cost HP instead. You can make this amount equal to the mp cost, double the cost like it was for Dj essence, triple or whatever, but it should be the same formula for everything that has such a cost. Other things that affect mp do nothing, because you don't have mp. I think this is the simplest way to do it.

Other flavor bullshit:
No spell hunger. I am going to post this in every new species proposal thread until spell hunger is removed.
Sturdy frame 3
(optional) damage shaving, and remove deep dwarf to maintain dwarf quota.

aptitudes:
HP 0
exp -1
0 in everything else, but since people will think that's boring you can give them -1 weapons other than axes, +1 armour, -1 dodging, -1 stealth, and like +1 earth or +1 fire. Alternatively, if you remove deep dwarf you can copy paste DD aptitudes to these guys.

Thanks for reading, also I'll make the patch if you want.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks:
Shtopit

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 18th May 2018, 23:06

Re: cool new dwarf species

I saw a similiar idea in your 'bloatcrawl' fork, it seemed really cool IMO.

https://github.com/heckpriest/bloatcraw ... 7b04689402
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 18th May 2018, 23:10

yeah, that fork was going to be my dank april fool's day prank but it ended up not getting on the servers. feel free to steal anything you want from it though

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 2
Octopode-monk-of-XOM, Vajrapani

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 20th May 2018, 23:52

Took some inspiration from bloatcrawl's 'grue' and 'ratling' species(From their devour, and branded bite aux respectively.) to make this for my fork:

https://github.com/Vajrapani/X-Crawl/pull/12
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner