Fulsome and Evaporate..?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 16th April 2018, 22:59

Fulsome and Evaporate..?

I'm sure i'm not the first person to suggest this, but i feel like maybe bringing these back might make Tm a lot less weak? the inventory management aspect could be rectified by having Evap have a sort of "magazine" where up to maybe three potions are stored, with more having to be loaded via usage of Fulsome, which can either do standard potions, which can't be put into Evap otherwise, or strictly Evap fuel. That way, there'd be no reason to make a bunch of confusion potions, and what with the way mutations work nowadays, i THINK there might be less a reason to hoard them? maybe? i'm not quite well versed in the differences, but if not, it could just be some kinda badmut potion? corpse potion effect could be tied to a different thing unrelated to edibility, probably monster base type/holiness/that sort of thing? honestly i just feel like Tm needs something other than "here's fifty different forms and three of them are any good for most situations" because as interesting as being able to turn into like 6 or 7 things is, it's really never as fun as like, any of your other spellcasting options

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 16th April 2018, 23:23

Re: Fulsome and Evaporate..?

Back in the day, there were many kinds of bodies: good to eat, edible but unhealthy, mutagenic, poisonous, and then some other stuff, like dead necrophages. It's also possible that these corpses had different stages of rot, although I am not sure. So distilling potions from corpses was also possible because of variety.

I don 't exactly know why it was removed. It wasn't worse than summoning from a game experience perspective. But having that little effects available would make it less interesting than it was.
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 16th April 2018, 23:39

Tm isn't weak. The only bad form spell is Necromutation.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 16th April 2018, 23:44

I agree. Tm is fine but people suck at playing them. Form spells are really, really strong.
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 17th April 2018, 11:53

Shtopit wrote:Back in the day, there were many kinds of bodies: good to eat, edible but unhealthy, mutagenic, poisonous, and then some other stuff, like dead necrophages. It's also possible that these corpses had different stages of rot, although I am not sure. So distilling potions from corpses was also possible because of variety.

I know all that, that's why I said it'd have to be tied to something else so that the corpse-collating wouldn't have to be reverted for one spell.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 19th April 2018, 20:30

Fulsome Distillation would be the only spell in existence to provide a long-term "strategic" advantage: it produces permanent potions in your inventory, in exchange for transient MP that doesn't cost you anything to produce. Even Delayed Fireball is gone now, and its total strategic advantage was limited to a single fireball at once.

For this message the author amalloy has received thanks: 3
duvessa, nago, Shtopit

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 11:24

Midn8 wrote:I agree. Tm is fine but people suck at playing them. Form spells are really, really strong.

Especially now that there's another god that's good with Tm in Wu Jian. Even it's most basic ability lets you do 120% damage when moving in. Which, with high damage Transmutations like Blade Hands can really be a lot of damage.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 15:01

amalloy wrote:Fulsome Distillation would be the only spell in existence to provide a long-term "strategic" advantage: it produces permanent potions in your inventory, in exchange for transient MP that doesn't cost you anything to produce. Even Delayed Fireball is gone now, and its total strategic advantage was limited to a single fireball at once.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 23rd April 2018, 21:51

TM is a bit on the weak side if you are playing it as a melee "bruiser" who charges into fights and expects to win without much in the way of tactics, because early forms are fairly weak. Spider is great until you fail an EV check, and ice form doesn't give very much AC to make up for melding all your armor. But if they were buffed enough to let you simply tab through everything then TM becomes too strong very easily. Later form spells (blade hands, statue form, dragon form) are in fact this powerful, which is why late game TM's are some of the strongest characters in the game, if you get to that point.

TM's overpowered if you abuse stick to snakes, but that requires you knowing in advance when you'll need it, which is somewhat tricky (without a lot of experience).

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner