5 skill levels with one kill

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 16:36

5 skill levels with one kill

Code:
You slash Pikel!
 You kill Pikel!
_Your Necromancy skill gained 5 levels and is now at level 5!

What's the record for most skill levels gained in a kill I wonder ?
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 17:41

Re: 5 skill levels with one kill

Flashbacks of when Jester was briefly a joke backround that started with Nemelex (and cream pies), back when you sacrified items to Nemelex for gifts/piety/however it worked. I read of people sacrificing their bread ration on Turn 1, drawing a Card of Experience from the resulting deck gift, and gaining ~23 levels of evocations instantly.

Although technically, this isn't a kill. :33 But you could easily game that by picking a species with +5 in something (vampire/spriggan's stealth), leaving it at lv0, and then killing an endgame unique or something. Wizmode would make the result pretty easy to calculate...

For this message the author Tumalu has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 18:06

If you have 0 in all skills, kill Cerebov, and put everything in stealth with a +5 aptitude, you get about 25.5 levels (there is some variance). This is not achievable in practice. The amount of exp required to get a skill point increases as you get skill exp, so the practical upper limit is going to be a lot lower.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 20:30

When in meatsprint (ok this is cheating I know but bear with me), I'm pretty sure it's possible to get 2 skills up from 0 to 27 with a single kill, as monsters there are so stacked on HP and you already have an extreme multiplier for sprint mode.
I'm with tasonir on this one.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 23rd April 2018, 04:21

I'm not sure if this is still possible, but I used to startscum MfAK's with a spear, look for some deep water and use it to risklessly kill something tough before entering the dungeon. But I don't remember how many skill levels I'd get that way.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 24th April 2018, 18:53

Today I drank a potion of experience at lvl4 and gained 3 skill levels in almost everything.

For this message the author Plantissue has received thanks:
Fingolfin

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner