Replace labyrinth with a pac-man level

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 01:25

Replace labyrinth with a pac-man level

Labyrinth is not real crawl and it's lame and annoying to solve a big dumb maze just to fight a cow at the end. Pac-Man on the other hand is one of the greatest video games of all time. Therefore, remove labyrinth and add a portal to Pac-Man. Lab already has ghosts so it wouldn't be that much work. This would improve the gameplay experience for people who want to play games that aren't crawl in the middle of their crawl game.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 6
Amnesiac, duvessa, nago, ololoev, rigrig, Vajrapani

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 01:25

Re: Replace labyrinth with a pac-man level

bring back zotdef and replace labs with it

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 02:42

Add the Arena gameplay mode as a portal instead of labs. You're shown two groups of monsters and have to bet on which one will win, then you see them fight. If you bet correctly, you get the loot. If you bet incorrectly, you fight whatever's still alive.

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks: 8
Hellmonk, Majang, nago, ololoev, runewalsh, sdynet, Vajrapani, VeryAngryFelid

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 21:12

nemelex players get to play mtg with their decks instead

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 21:13

maybe each god could have its own minigame, labyrinth sounds like ashenzari

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 21:31

duvessa wrote:bring back zotdef and replace labs with it

I was never any good at this, I even tried doing overpowered things like starting as a troll, and still lost.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 23:22

tasonir wrote:
duvessa wrote:bring back zotdef and replace labs with it

I was never any good at this, I even tried doing overpowered things like starting as a troll, and still lost.

My wins were as OpNe and FeSu of Sif Muna. Spam oklobs along the walls, water everywhere else, get every spell and flood the level with allies. My winrate was 2/48.
http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.10/Pa ... 154212.txt
http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/0.10/Pa ... 102333.txt
I guess this combo is less good nowadays, since undead falls apart over time, summoning has caps and sif channeling now costs piety.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 9th April 2018, 23:24

I did zot defense with a MuSu of sif. I died a bunch, finally had a run going really well, then had a game crash render one of the runes permanently unobtainable so I couldn't win. That is my zot defense story.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 10th April 2018, 06:13

Hellmonk wrote:I did zot defense with a MuSu of sif. I died a bunch, finally had a run going really well, then had a game crash render one of the runes permanently unobtainable so I couldn't win. That is my zot defense story.

F

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 10th April 2018, 20:26

I managed to get a troll going pretty well, I had covered up the orb with a burning bush which is surprisingly durable so that I could move around. I'm not really sure why I <needed> to move around, but I <wanted> to move around. Eventually something caused all the piled up corpses to animate into skeletons and I was swamped with 20 monsters. This wasn't a problem for me, but the poor burning bush couldn't keep up with it, and once it died a monster stood on the orb. I kept attacking the orb's tile to try to move back to it, but there was a seriously large swarm of undead, so I never made it before I rotted away.

One issue I had is Chei doesn't give piety for your Oklobs killing things, but I guess I could pick a different god instead...

Pandemonium Purger

Post Wednesday, 11th April 2018, 00:08

tasonir wrote:I managed to get a troll going pretty well, I had covered up the orb with a burning bush which is surprisingly durable so that I could move around. I'm not really sure why I <needed> to move around, but I <wanted> to move around. Eventually something caused all the piled up corpses to animate into skeletons and I was swamped with 20 monsters. This wasn't a problem for me, but the poor burning bush couldn't keep up with it, and once it died a monster stood on the orb. I kept attacking the orb's tile to try to move back to it, but there was a seriously large swarm of undead, so I never made it before I rotted away.

One issue I had is Chei doesn't give piety for your Oklobs killing things, but I guess I could pick a different god instead...

Oh yeah! That's why I wanted to play a necromancer so badly. Animate corpses before enemies can XD

Though now monsters don't cast animate dead anymore, I guess this is now a non-issue?

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 11th April 2018, 15:51

Instead of Arena .... "Pan Lord Bar Fight". Since "game within a game" is the theme and the limit is our imagination:

* Upon entry, two Pan lords are staring each other down, some broken tables & chairs strewn about. Wait, does that one have a broken bottle in his hand?!?

* The 'bar' has a gossipy bartender, true to the old fantasy RPG cliche. He can be bribed to tell you the spells that he has observed each Pan Lord using before you walked through the double swinging saloon doors.

* You place a bet with the bookie/loan shark shady NPC sitting at table #3. Yes, he's wearing a "Gozag 4 Lyfe" T-shirt, what else?
Win the bet, you get a randart.

* Lose the bet, and some leg-breaker juggernauts spawn occasionally for about 2 XL's worth of time to collect your outstanding debts. No fatalities, just a "rough-up" because " 'da boss sayz so." (in Al Capone voice)

For this message the author dolemite99 has received thanks: 2
runewalsh, Schillernde

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner