Nemelex + HoFi + faith amulet = inventory nightmare

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 18th March 2018, 15:32

Nemelex + HoFi + faith amulet = inventory nightmare

Delivering a few more small kicks / prods / axe cleaves to this dead horse today. I'm very spoiled now by how wands work in the current version. Find a new instance of a wand type you already have in stock? Touch the wand on the floor, its charges just get auto-added to the one that's already in your inventory, without having the 'new' wand occupy an item slot in your pack. It's great and is one of my favorite changes in recent years.

I really want a Nemelex win soon, just to check that one off the list and see how well this god stands up to Zot:5 and the Orb Run/ascent with a very high Invocations investment. Hill Orc Fighter sounded good, he's tanky enough to not "need" the cards all the time and has a solid +3 APT for Invocations. Oooh, here's a faith amulet! Let's just put this on, and ....

(((.... MAGNIFICENT DOWNPOUR OF GIFTED DECKS ENSUES .... )))

Now starts this irritating mini-game of finding the least-useful 52nd item in my inventory, and dropping it so I can grab the new deck that just arrived.

Is there any appetite for "wandifying" Nemelex decks base on their type and quality? Or would this be super hard to code, based on the inherent nature of the player not immediately knowing how many cards are in a deck that they've not already done Stack Five on? I'd guess that the # of cards is a quantifiable thing behind the scenes, even if the player doesn't (yet) know how many cards are in that deck.

* Nemelex drops an Ornate Deck of Summoning .... you already have one in your bag, so the # of cards in the newly gifted deck just gets added into the deck you are already carrying.
* Nemelex drops a Legendary Deck of Escape, same mechanic...
* Nemelex gifts a plain deck of destruction, same mechanic.....

I really want this god to feel more fun to play, instead of being the DCSS deity version of my mom: "CLEAN UP YOUR MESSY/CLUTTERED BEDROOM!" '. Apologies in advance if this is already an active discussion for future releases .... I don't know where design plans for future versions are documented, else I'd go peek at that & keep my mouth shut here. :-)

For this message the author dolemite99 has received thanks:
Zhorgal

Spider Stomper

Post Sunday, 18th March 2018, 15:46

Re: Nemelex + HoFi + faith amulet = inventory nightmare

Same here. Nemelex seems fun by I abandon his games out of sheer disgust of inventory management. I hate having to choose what to throw away all the time.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 18th March 2018, 21:49

Just keep one or two stacked escape decks and dump the rest. When you use one up, go fetch another copy. Use the summoning and destruction decks, that's what they are for. This way you won't have too much inventory trouble (well, not more than most other characters...).

If you are getting enough gifts without an amulet of faith, then it's probably better to wear some other amulet like guardian spirit.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 19th March 2018, 06:28

If you're having inventory troubles with Nem, use decks more often. Treat them like Heroism or Berserk, since they're about as plentiful anyways.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner