is this a dead forum?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 01:25

is this a dead forum?

is this a dead forum?

i mean it... i've been afraid lately... seeing myself in the shadow-strewn corners of kill-holes dug by formicids. i thought the monster was everywhere, an a.i. designed to ensnare me... how wrong i was. i cleared the spider pit and the serpent's nest (in different games of course), i stole the plutonium rune from under sleeping mnoleg's many eyes. i climbed to the bottom of the ziggurat's ziggurat, each infinite horde appearing... more shallow, less real... as i killed my way through them. the decisions i was making were... superficial... i guess. like there was only one path with cosmetic differences.

and now on the forums where i used to communicate with real people... under the pretext of dungeon crawl... there are garbage design discussions populated by moths. flickering lights that go out when looked at too closely. i mean when's the last real argument, when the principals of the game were shattered to the core? hellcrawl? the stragglers remaining don't have any convictions.

the discord was different... the irc channel populated by bots. all i see when i go there now is the same naked hum. remove food... give felids armor slots... how can i submit my unrand artefact staff of superficial tweaks to existing mechanics? i'm bored so i shaft myself down two levels in tartarus... and there's nothing there. hell effects i heal off. monsters too gentle to hurt me. i've become invincible but instead of the game ending and glittering reality flowing in through the seams i keep exploring this infinite succession of corridors, clinging furtively to corners, as if some real threat is waiting... a reason for my continued attention. but nothing comes. i am beginning to suspect that i am... what is wrong with dungeon crawl... that no one cares about me in particular, that even when my shitposts are gilded by thanks all the other posters care about is themselves, the sprawl of their name brand... and i am the same.

we've become complacent and are dying for it... fewer and fewer people are playing. the point of the game is not to win. the point is to improve. and if after tearing off the crooked skin and butchering the corpse to chunks of rectifiable problems... we are left with... what... a water treatment simulator... well... what else do we deserve? it is time to move on. longbows are broken. there is no juggernaut big enough to kill a spriggan. the whole game is just a test of patience... me against myself... duvessa. you can leave the dungeon. you don't need the orb nor do you need dowan... escape... and maybe find some better diversion.

xDfp

For this message the author amaril has received thanks: 2
Hellmonk, runewalsh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 01:52

Re: is this a dead forum?

Too many ellipsis, 4:10, would not recommend to a friend.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 9th March 2018, 03:07

Re: is this a dead forum?

Agree w/ op. Feels like my posts are getting less thanks recently, might be time to pack it in and move on.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 3
Nino, Patashu, prozacelf

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner