New God Proposal: Cynfeld, God of Standup

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 23rd February 2018, 21:07

New God Proposal: Cynfeld, God of Standup

Cynfeld wants the Orb of Zot because he thinks it'd be really funny if he had it.

Piety:

Cynfeld gains piety by telling jokes to enemies. The first time any enemy enters view, you gain some piety. If the enemy is brainless, the player gains no piety at all.

Powers/Abilities:

*: What's the Deal... (2 MP, small piety, breath): Cynfeld tells a joke, whose power scales with Invocations. Brainless enemies are unaffected: monsters with brains then have a chance to be paralyzed for 1-3 turns (with laughter) (monsters with more HD are harder to make laugh).

**: No new abilities.

***: Master of my domain (2 MP, small piety, breath): Cynfeld is really killing it right now. As long as the player stands in the area in which this spell was originally cast (starts as a 1x1 square centered around the player and grows to 5x5 with invocations), the player cannot suffer negative status effects of any kind and receive 1-10 AC/EV/SH (scales with invocations).

****: No new abilites.

*****: You're killing me! (5 MP, large piety, breath): Cynfeld tells such a great joke that everybody can't stop laughing. Some of them even forget that they are supposed to hate you! Brainless enemies are unaffected: enemies with brains have a chance (scales with Invocations) of turning neutral permanently.

******: No new abilities.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 23rd February 2018, 22:12

Re: New God Proposal: Cynfeld, God of Standup

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 23rd February 2018, 22:32

******: No soup for you, Come back one year! (8 MP, large piety cost) All monsters in LOS disappear for a long time, they will individually reappear at random intervals sometime later, with the average time taken to reappear scaling with invocation.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 23rd February 2018, 22:36

God won't work without allies.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 24th February 2018, 17:15

I agree with Bel....allies or gifts would season the proposal nicely. “Costanza’s Cutlass of ‘Do the Opposite’: +9, has flaming brand, but really freezes opponents.

Or, The +11 Great Sword “Kramer’s Claymore”: Makes you sock-slide quickly through every door you open.

For this message the author dolemite99 has received thanks:
cerealjynx

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 24th February 2018, 20:25

Hi, I'm Barry Cynfeld and this is Delvers in Dungeons getting Damnation'd!

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 25th February 2018, 03:19

Cynfeld hates it when you take off body armour, because of the embarrassing pink lining.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner