Sandals: Scarves, but for your feet

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 15th February 2018, 03:15

Sandals: Scarves, but for your feet

Just as scarves are ACless, unenchantable cloaks that always have an ego, sandals would be ACless, unenchantable boots that always have an ego.

Hellmonk proposed this in the Discord server as a joke idea, but I found it fun to brainstorm some ideas for what they could do:

* sandals of running: As the boots ego
* sandals of flight: As the boots ego
* sandals of water walking: As the Beogh ability
* sandals of stasis: Broken as an amulet, interesting if they take time to put on/remove.
* sandals of the frog: Gives +10% slower movement speed and Hop (as Barachi).
* sandals of fleeing: When you take x% of your max HP in damage, if x >= 1d50, gain a temporary swiftness-like status.
* sandals of phase door: When you take x% of your max HP in damage, if x >= 1d10, blink. In addition, if you're below 50% of your max HP, start a teleport whenever you take damage.
* sandals of obsession: Whenever a monster is in your LoS, gain Haste and Mesmerization. Whenever a monster is not in your LoS, lose Haste and Mesmerization. Secret Zig tech.
* sandals of stability: Immune to any non-consensual source of repositioning (enemy tornado, enemy blink, trample, enemy force lance, enemy lesser beckoning/gell's gravitas if that exists, blinkitis/teleportitis, banishment, shafting, teleport traps, enemy teleport other, enemy octopode crushers I guess)
* sandals of grounding: rElec
* sandals of quietness: +Stlh, -Noise (every time you create a noise, it's reduced by 0-3 arbitrary units of noise)
* cursed sandals of ponderousness: As the armour ego
* cursed sandals of toe stubbing: When a monster is in your LoS, gain ToeStub, a status mechanically equivalent to Barbs, but with lower damage. Stub your toes repeatedly as you reposition!

For this message the author Patashu has received thanks: 3
Fingolfin, Majang, Terrapin

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 15th February 2018, 06:32

Re: Sandals: Scarves, but for your feet

Socks and sandals: Not actually cursed but you cannot remove them as this is far too comfortable. Gain hated by all ala Ru and Rc+.

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Thursday, 15th February 2018, 08:28

Some of them would be actually interesting (and definitely much more than the all scarf thing)
screw it I hate this character I'm gonna go melee Gastronok

For this message the author nago has received thanks: 2
Fingolfin, Terrapin

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 21st February 2018, 20:07

Patashu wrote:* sandals of stability: Immune to any non-consensual source of repositioning (enemy tornado, enemy blink, trample, enemy force lance, enemy lesser beckoning/gell's gravitas if that exists, blinkitis/teleportitis, banishment, shafting, teleport traps, enemy teleport other, enemy octopode crushers I guess)

Let's just add this to statue form, k plz thx.

For this message the author tasonir has received thanks:
nago

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner