Gooncrawl [fork]

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 28th January 2018, 12:58

Gooncrawl [fork]

What is Gooncrawl?
Gooncrawl is a new DCSS fork created by myself for the Crawl thread on the Something Awful forums, but others can play it too! The design goals for the fork are simple: it's design by committee, with the committee being the SA thread. All features/changes/removals/etc that are significant enough to mention are proposed and voted on, with majority rule deciding what gets approved. Balance and bloat are only considerations if the committee and majority rule says so. I stay out of the committee input (for the most part) and just focus on developing out of curiosity to see where the train ends up, whether it's neatly in the station or in a giant wreck strewn halfway across the countryside.

What's been changed so far?
Here is the full changelog, but for a quick notables summary for v1.0:
  • High elves and sludge elves are back! Praise Tolkien!
  • Felids can wear hats and scarves, but they don't like it. Octopodes can also wear helmets (proven by nature)!
  • Death Knights and Priests are back. Who needs the Temple anyway?
  • Oh wait, Jiyva does because Jiyva is a Temple god now.
  • Some removed spells are back, as well as a new one! Also, Dragon Form boosts the spellpower of Dragon Call again!
  • You can tear up books again to give yourself a lobotomy!
  • Scrolls of recharging and wands of hasting are back, as well as some new evocables as substitutes for wands of teleportation and heal wounds because I suck at figuring out code problems sometimes. Screw balance!
  • Yiuf has his beloved hammers once more!
  • Boulder beetles and normal sheep return, to the embrace (and reflection) of many!
  • Malmutate has been removed from neqoxecs (replaced with Paralyze) and cacodemons (replaced with Entropic Weave). My war on Malmutate is the only thing that extends beyond the reach of the committee, and will eventually be destroyed!
  • Local pharaoh re-installs stone stairs after union dispute (but keeps those treasure chamber doors, those were nice).
  • Pizza and other removed foods return as chance flavors when eating rations. Search for the fabled Pandeomium Pizza once again!
  • You can once again eat the purple!

A sneak peek of some things to hopefully expect from the next major version:
  • The gaze of a black hole Singularity devouring all in sight...
  • Pakellas opening up shop once again
  • Returning the missing rods in some form
  • StealingAcquiring the perma-buff system from Hellcrawl (for at least some spells)
  • Reworking Hell effects, mostly the annoying 'glow' part
  • Virulence as a player spell. Late game Poison Magic!

How can I contribute?
If you want to contribute feature requests, design input, or a vote in the committee: Image and a post in the SA Crawl thread.

If you don't want to pay up but still want to contribute in some way, I'll still take any bug/crash reports that come my way. I'll also take pull requests if you want to contribute code (although significant changes not already on the approved features list/design document for the next version will need to pass committee before getting merged).

Where can I download/install it?
You can download and compile from Git using the same instructions as in DCSS's INSTALL.txt file (git clone from https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl.git ; default branch is Gooncrawl trunk, git checkout gooncrawl_stable for the latest stable version). Alternatively, you can download the source/tarball and Windows (64-bit) console and tiles compilations here:
https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/releases
Compilations for other platforms will get added to the release as I receive them. Installers for Windows will also be added once(/if) I finish debugging them.

Online/WebTiles: Playable on CPO and on CBRO! Thanks chequers and johnstein!
Last edited by Floodkiller on Monday, 26th February 2018, 13:03, edited 2 times in total.

For this message the author Floodkiller has received thanks: 12
b0rsuk, chequers, Ge0ff, Hellmonk, huiren, johlstei, nago, nublet, Patashu, Wolfechu and 2 more users

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 28th January 2018, 16:06

Re: Gooncrawl [fork]

I'm quite excited to compile this and test this out, seeing as it's coming from the creator of gnolls.

Edit: Also, from scrolling through the SA thread, I like the poison magic rework ideas. That spell school has too much potential and interesting directions for it to go into, for it to be wasted on low-level DoT spells that don't work on most enemies.
Last edited by Vajrapani on Sunday, 28th January 2018, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

For this message the author Vajrapani has received thanks:
Floodkiller

Crypt Cleanser

Post Sunday, 28th January 2018, 19:27

Floodkiller wrote:[*]Virulence as a player spell. Late game Poison Magic!

Can you call it venom cocktail? Do I have to pay 10 dollars to say this.
mikee_ has won 166 times in 396 games (41.92%): 4xDSFi 4xMDFi 3xDDCK 3xDDEE 3xHOPr 2xDDHe 2xDDNe 2xDSBe 2xKeAE 2xMfCr 2xMfSt 2xMiAr 2xMiBe 2xNaTm 1xCeAr 1xCeAs 1xCeBe 1xCeEn 1xCeFE 1xCePa 1xCeTm 1xCeWz 1xDDAs 1xDDCr 1xDDHu 1xDDTm 1xDENe 1xDEWz

For this message the author mikee has received thanks: 2
Floodkiller, Vajrapani

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 28th January 2018, 20:04

mikee wrote:

You can try to convince someone who already paid 10 dollars to say it for you.

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 00:11

If I want to run this fork on CPO, when should I update it? Should I just attempt to automatically build it daily?

For this message the author chequers has received thanks:
Floodkiller

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 00:24

chequers wrote:If I want to run this fork on CPO, when should I update it? Should I just attempt to automatically build it daily?

If you set it to use the gooncrawl_stable branch, builds will only need to happen if I release a new version which won't happen too often (est. 1-3 months of build time based on how long it took to get out v1.0, or when I need to make an emergency patch). If you set it to use the gooncrawl branch (trunk equivalent), it may need a daily build (and if you do, I'll need to be more careful about my committing :? ). I would recommend gooncrawl_stable, as I'm not currently designing with save compatibility in mind (which may be an issue with an online server).

Either way, I would love if you hosted it!

For this message the author Floodkiller has received thanks:
chequers

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 10:32

This is playable on CPO now.

As a non-$10 payer, please do new things in the fork rather than rehashing content crawl used to have, and which is still playable by just launching a 0.15 game or whatever.

For this message the author chequers has received thanks: 5
Doesnt, Floodkiller, nago, Rast, Wolfechu

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 11:31

chequers wrote:This is playable on CPO now.

As a non-$10 payer, please do new things in the fork rather than rehashing content crawl used to have, and which is still playable by just launching a 0.15 game or whatever.

Thank you!

Nostalgia is a powerful motivator (it's easier to remember a feature than come up with something new when suggesting/voting), but I'm pretty sure most of the old features will be added/voted on within the next two or so releases. There will likely still be new stuff during those versions as well, so don't worry.

Edit: I forgot to cherry-pick the "Revert tournament reminder", since it didn't affect builds except for WebTiles. It's on gooncrawl_stable now, sorry about that!

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 15:27

It seems like feature requests use Google forms to gather interest, would it be possible to link thosr here as well, whenever a vote occurs, to gather maximum exposure?

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 17:08

Vajrapani wrote:It seems like feature requests use Google forms to gather interest, would it be possible to link thosr here as well, whenever a vote occurs, to gather maximum exposure?

I'm not sure how it would increase exposure as I only record entries on those surveys from valid SA usernames, which I verify by comparing answers/comments to their post history (and I can always ask for a confirmation post if something is fishy). I post and remind for those surveys in the SA Crawl thread, which is all the exposure depth for voting it needs (not everyone on SA knows or cares about DCSS to vote, so I stick to only accounts who have posted in the Crawl thread).

However, I can post results/data link whenever a survey finishes if you want. If you just want to know what is on the surveys as they are voted on, it's likely going to be feature requests (which you can find a list of here), a design vote for an approved feature (a list of which you will find here), a pull request (which you can find here), or a vote on cherry picking a major feature from DCSS (which is handled by discussion in the SA thread).

Vajrapani

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 21:40

Floodkiller wrote:
Vajrapani wrote:It seems like feature requests use Google forms to gather interest, would it be possible to link thosr here as well, whenever a vote occurs, to gather maximum exposure?

However, I can post results/data link whenever a survey finishes if you want. If you just want to know what is on the surveys as they are voted on, it's likely going to be feature requests (which you can find a list of here), a design vote for an approved feature (a list of which you will find here), a pull request (which you can find here), or a vote on cherry picking a major feature from DCSS (which is handled by discussion in the SA thread).

Oh, I see. Thanks for the links then.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Monday, 29th January 2018, 22:23

I am all for healthy competition, so I am looking forward to seeing where this fork goes (same as for Hellcrawl).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 2nd February 2018, 01:39

mikee wrote:

The creator of ZOMBIE HANDS strikes again!

Oh wait, Jiyva does because Jiyva is a Temple god now.

This is at least the second third first I don't know fifth fork to make Jiyva a temple god. #AreYouListeningDpeg #MakeJiyvaWorshipableAgain #Jiyva2018

Crypt Cleanser

Post Monday, 5th February 2018, 02:18

Forgot to mention this earlier but you gotta put [proclick] in the title to get that attention and the big tavern thanks.

For this message the author Hellmonk has received thanks: 3
Floodkiller, nago, prozacelf

Zot Zealot

Post Wednesday, 14th February 2018, 23:49

People are asking in the SA thread about how to edit their RC file on CPO. The answer is there's a bug in the version of webtiles that CPO uses. If you don't have an RC file, you need to open the editing window then click 'save', which will create a blank file you can then re-open and edit normally.

Also, no, I will not remove the default crablang / crab player doll.

For this message the author chequers has received thanks:
Floodkiller

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 26th February 2018, 13:13

Gooncrawl is now playable on CBRO for those who may not have had a good connection to Australia. Thanks johnstein!

bel

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Monday, 26th February 2018, 14:56

Can someone post a link to the SA thread?

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 26th February 2018, 15:41

bel wrote:Can someone post a link to the SA thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... id=3845579

No idea if the paywall is currently up or not.

bel

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 26th February 2018, 22:39

Floodkiller wrote:
bel wrote:Can someone post a link to the SA thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... id=3845579

No idea if the paywall is currently up or not.

FYI: Yes, I can read the thread. However, it's also 19 pages long, so I just skimmed the first page only :)

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 11:47

First of all this is a breath of fresh air for the game that was long overdue - diving deep into DCSS's code is not exactly easy, from experience. Looking at the changelog, I couldn't find a single change I'd disagree with - in particular, screw malmutate! While admittedly I'm way too stingy to spend for the SA subscription, I'll make sure to lend a hand with the coding as soon as I'm more familiar with git & github. This is, IMHO, a good direction to take, so goon-gratulations for all the work so far.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Tuesday, 27th February 2018, 11:56

nublet wrote:First of all this is a breath of fresh air for the game that was long overdue - diving deep into DCSS's code is not exactly easy, from experience. Looking at the changelog, I couldn't find a single change I'd disagree with - in particular, screw malmutate! While admittedly I'm way too stingy to spend for the SA subscription, I'll make sure to lend a hand with the coding as soon as I'm more familiar with git & github. This is, IMHO, a good direction to take, so goon-gratulations for all the work so far.

Yes, come help code! :)

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 2nd April 2018, 16:20

For anyone who doesn't follow the SA thread, requirements gathering (aka getting and voting on design details, feature requests, pull requests, and mainline major crawl commits) should wrap up in the next couple weeks. Development on v2.0 should begin at that point.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 11th April 2018, 16:56

Planned design changes (and details for yet-to-be-implemented features) for v2.0:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hM1 ... sp=sharing

Still need to complete a poll and collate results for FR/PR/mainline commits, then development will start.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 1st May 2018, 21:16

Here's the design specification plans for v2.0 of Gooncrawl after finishing all the surveys:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gyF ... sp=sharing

Development starts now (or when I get in a coding mood and have free time, basically).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 1st May 2018, 21:45

So I'm not suggesting any changes, since it's explicitly design by committee and I'm not on that committee, you should of course stick to the exact list. That said, some thoughts on the list:

Grant full XP to all Beogh orc followers in LoS (instead of splitting XP among all)
Seems like you're going to be promoting orcs really, really fast. Unless you lower the base amount at the same time. Warlords, warlords everywhere. This does fix the issue of wanting to limit how many you have following you, which is a good thing, it just might end up being overpowered.

Crazy Yiuf becomes friendly if you have the Orb of Zot
Best change ever.

Remove the Dithmenos fire conduct
I think that's already been done for you :)

Add Jiyva Zealot background
Desperately needed for years now.

Permabuff Spells
You can probably get these from hellcrawl, assuming you're looking for the same sort of reserved MP system.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 1st May 2018, 22:50

Hit me up if you want the permabuff code but its kind of bad so you can prob write a better version for me to steal, thanks in advance.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 5th May 2018, 15:09

Where I do I post bugs? I have a funny one for a Beogh player in an Arcane Sanctum. I instantly summoned and enslaved all mutated orcs in the sanctum and made them permapals. They acted like named, advanced orcs and could immediately receive weapons.

It felt good saving them. Thank you for this bug.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 14th July 2018, 22:56

Development for v2.0 is still underway, follow the specification checklist here if you are interested. However, you can still play the trunk build on CBRO or CPO, or download and compile an offline copy yourself with the latest development features. Here's a quick changelog of what's been done so far:

-Added the Fists of Thunder unrandart (from Chequers, tile by Metoron) gloves! Electrocute a rat with your taser fists!
-Crazy Yiuf now becomes friendly and follows you when you have the Orb of Zot (from Patashu). Bring the joy of hammers to the outside world!
-Bunch of spell buffs for unwanted spells (from Patashu)! Maybe someone will actually use them now?
---Ring of Flames is now radius 2, the flaming clouds overwrite all other clouds, the player's tile is cleared of all clouds, and it only gives rC- instead of rC--. Note that the cloud removal part is currently a bit buggy if you created the clouds yourself (the flaming clouds don't overwrite, and the tile you are in isn't cleared until after a turn processes with you inside of it).
---Buff Gell's Gravitas - 10% more effective spellpower (which still probably won't see use, I don't know)
---Buff Alistair's Intoxication - 10% more effective spellpower, confuse enemies more often, vertigo yourself less often (probably slightly more effective as an alternate mass confusion now)
---Buff Leda's Liquefaction - Player penalties are 33% less than monster penalties (aka you are better at fighting in the mud than they are)
---Buff Inner Flame - Make Inner Flame smite targeted (there will be another future buff to allow you to cast it on ally summons/undead without restriction as well)
---Buff Silence - Increase minimum duration to improve worst case scenario (aka you can't cast the spell and end up as the only one silenced)
---Buff Force Lance - Improve to hit (slightly more reliable at working on enemies)
---Buff Guardian Golem - Improve HD slightly (so it can last a bit longer and absorb a bit more damage)
-You can now quaff from blood and sparkling fountains again. More purple is good!
-Disintegrating effects can now blow up walls again (wands of disintegration, orbs or destruction, bolts of devastation). Blow up the level, one tile at a time!
-Loud noises can now break mesmorization again. Scrolls of noise are useful again!
-Entropy weavers can no longer SInv, joining oklob plants in the pool of "acid enemies that are shit at seeing things"
-Stone of tremors is back to break a bunch of walls and summon an earth elemental or two I guess?
-Virulence, a level 4 Hex/Pois spell, is in. Brute force that poison into anything!
-You can now cast Conjure Distortion, a level 3 Transloc spell that generates a cloud of distortion at random around the caster. It is now even easier to banish yourself to the Abyss!
-Megabyss in now in! The Abyss now goes down to 27 floors (with scaling items and monsters on the way down), one-way stairs to Zot (which can be used even if you don't have enough runes) now appear from Abyss:5 onward, and reaching Abyss:27 will permanently corrupt every dungeon level (similar to Lugonu's Corruption, stacks with it).
-Added the Time Stop spell. Train Hexes up to the ability to cast a level 9 spell in order to enable the ability to make JoJo references and launch enemies with physics!
-Brought back cure mutation and beneficial mutation potions as ziggurat rewards. Dive for the cure!
-Re-added Haste, as a Level 9 Charms spell. This also brings back contamination as a side effect to Haste (in all forms) to avoid completely overshadowing Time Stop.
-Added Iskenderun's Undoing (aka Orbageddon), a level 9 Conjurations spell that summons 8 Orbs of Destruction around you on cast. Blow yourself and everything else up with even more hubris than normal!
-Added Hermit Crab species, a species that can cast easily in most body armors and has big meaty claws for punching, but sucks at melee combat and dislikes transmuting and mutating away from their perfect form. Live the dream.
-You no longer receive a penalty to experience gain for kills involving allies or summons. Summoners rejoice!
-Battlesphere is back in the Cj starting book (replacing Force Lance, which takes the now empty spot in the Book of Power). Pew pew pew!
-Tengus can now receive a special Invocations title at max piety rank when worshipping TSO. Puns galore!
-Joseph now is guaranteed to spawn with a magical sling (50% vorpal/25% flaming/25% freezing). Slightly more lethal than before!
-The Vaults rune lock has been removed. Open sesame!
-Brought branch up to speed with the impending 0.22 release with a couple changes:
---Ghost vaults still need to get voted on, so still using the old ghost system for now.
---Spell library has been ported over, so book amnesia is gone again until a good alternative implementation can be used.
---Minotaurs are not buffed, and labyrinth loot is still good.
---Harpoon Shot has some cool Scorpion-esque hook tile tracers, by Metoron!
---The amulet of the acrobat remains active while performing Wu Jian attacks. The hypothetical optimal man has been voted to be ignored in Gooncrawl, have fun flipping and fighting like Bruce Lee!
---LRD remains able to break walls at the moment until voted on.
---Being dragged downwards into the Abyss is out until fitted to Megabyss.
-Death Yaks now look death-ier!
-Faerie dragons are in (species by Realz, sprites by Metoron). Literally infinite MP!
Spoiler: show
for level 1 spells

-Shops and bazaars can now spawn in Pan, and Pan has the potential to place an infinite amount of bazaars (although it is unlikely to come across many unless you are scumming). Let me know if this starts fucking up with Gozag.

cybersaint2k wrote:Where I do I post bugs? I have a funny one for a Beogh player in an Arcane Sanctum. I instantly summoned and enslaved all mutated orcs in the sanctum and made them permapals. They acted like named, advanced orcs and could immediately receive weapons.

It felt good saving them. Thank you for this bug.

This sounds good, so just call it a feature.

chequers

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 17th July 2018, 01:02

So it seems like cbro does not have fairy dragons yet.

The real reason I am posting is that I started a gnoll wanderer and for some reason casting conjure distortion costs no mana and does not make time pass so I can just have complete cloud cover when ever I want...

For this message the author gishou has received thanks:
Floodkiller

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 17th July 2018, 01:50

gishou wrote:So it seems like cbro does not have fairy dragons yet.

The real reason I am posting is that I started a gnoll wanderer and for some reason casting conjure distortion costs no mana and does not make time pass so I can just have complete cloud cover when ever I want...

CBRO doesn't automatically rebuild, and I don't know if johnstein saw the last ping I sent. I'll ping again next time I see him.

Also, thanks for the bug report, fixed now!

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 19th March 2019, 02:29

I lost my Mantis password for a while and haven't logged in, but here's some more progress patch notes towards v2.0 (almost but not quite finished):
-Inner Flame will now let you target summoned creatures. Make some butterfly bombs!
-Disc of storms is now back in. Do your best black draconian impersonation!
-XP sharing with orcish followers under Beogh has changed: instead of taking half the player's kill XP and splitting it among all orcs in LoS (with bigger shares going to orcs with more HD), every orc in LoS will now receive the full half. This might need to be tweaked later if orcs are getting XP too quickly. No need to steam wizards and priests anymore!
-Djinni are now in, but with a couple changes: they do not have rHellfire (because it is called Damnation, and Djinni are only immune to fire), they cannot use staff of energy/Wucad Mu/crystal ball of energy/Sublimation of Blood to get infinite healing (because that's a little too dumb), and they can now berserk (because they couldn't before due to food balance, which is dumb in a different way). Get your wish granting on!** **Wish granting is not included, please buy Wizard Mode DLC to access wishes.
-Sludge Elves now show up on the aptitudes table. Whoops!
-Fixed some header spacing on the Abilities and Spellcasting menus. No idea what commit made them crooked.
-Fixed the walking variable for Hermit Crabs that is used in some of the skill titles to remove a duplicate 'e'.
-Lava Orcs have been re-added. How could you give your own fork the spicy orc?
-Fixed an if statement that was giving every species the Flight ability. Whoops!
-New icon and logo by Metoron! https://i.imgur.com/jYgVSmV.png
-Metoron ported over the Archaeologist background from X-Crawl for a PR, so that's now merged! Changes from X-Crawl's version: they don't get enchanted boots and gloves at the start, but they do get a whip. Mortal enemies: snakes and boulder beetles.
-Added Slime Apostles, a background that worships Jiyva (thanks, JonJoe!). Drink the (starting) purple!
-Re-added Healer background, which worships Elyvilon (thanks, Metoron!). Be healthy!
-Tweaked the harp of healing from 10+(1*Evocations) to 5+(0.75*Evocations).
-Merged Jester class (courtesy of Metoron!), which is an ex-worshipper of Xom who now follows Nemelex Xobeh and starts with multiple pies. Do not go down on the clown or the clown will go down on you.
-Made the following spells permabuffs (code per spell mostly ripped from Hellcrawl, spells reserve their spell level in MP when being sustained, will be adding scaling based on spell success at some undetermined point in the future)
---Ring of Flames
---Infusion
---Re-added Repel Missiles for Repel/Deflect Missiles (slight change: you lose the spell level in MP whenever you would fail the spellpower check)
---All transmutation form spells
---Excruciating Wounds
---Spectral Weapon
---Song of Slaying
---Battlesphere
---Ozo's Armor
-Shining Eyes have had Malmutate replaced with Polymorph
-Malmutate has been changed to drain 1d3 of each stat (this only affects orbs of fire, the last remaining monster with Malmutate)
-Deep Dwarves have the Recharging ability again (along with their Heal ability)
-Increased weapon crosstraining bonus from 40% to 60%
-Okawaru no longer gives out ammo gifts. Instead, at 3* piety, Okawaru will now make all of the player's ammunition have the returning brand in addition to whatever brand it normally has. Additionally, at 3* of piety and higher Okawaru has a chance to prevent ammunition from being mulched (up to 100% chance to be preserved at 160 piety/6*). Known bug: Okawaru technically will preserve all ammunition and not just the player's because I was lazy.
-Charms and Hexes have been removed as potential miscast effects used by Hell effects
-Non-summoning Hell effects will no longer trigger if there is not an enemy in sight (will lead to more fiends than normal, less torments while resting)
-Hell effects end with the death of each Hell branch's respective Hell lord
-Added Skeleton species (by Steel Neuron, tiles by Metoron). Rattle and self-mesmerize your way into constant fights to the death!
-Banned undead from being priests.
-Merged artifact changes from DCSS trunk as well as numerical tweaks to other unrandarts (thanks, DCSS devs!)
-I may have missed other changes, but I think I got them all from the last time I posted

Stuff I still need to accomplish before I'll call v2.0:
-Guarantee a generated Wizlab in each game
-Felid mummy monster type for Tomb
-Let Ignite Poison cause damage to poison-based monsters again (instead of just those who are poisoned)
-Goldify Food (convert food into a stat tracked outside of inventory, like gold)
-Give Phantoms an “Open all doors loudly” spell
-Add difficulty modifiers/conducts to game start
-Helmet Shell ability for Octopodes (Add as an AC bonus while stationary)
-Nemelex Reform (specifically, hand of cards rather than pulling from decks)
-More Oka reform (Offer choice of 3 gifts at a time instead of 1, Spawn them as animated weapons(/armor?) )
-Rework effects to be more specific and unique to each hell
-Reimplement Pakellas
---Replace Quick Charge with frequent low charge wand gifts, remove no MP regen
---Simplify Device Surge by just maxing wand spellpower when active
---Keep Supercharge similar to original (max out a rod’s capacity and recharge rate; give a wand lots of charges)
-Reimplement rods: Change them to contain spells (using randart spellbook generation code) instead of preset types, can use from inventory without needing to wield
-‘Damage numbers’ rcfile option
-Trunk feature vote/catch-up (god I'm two versions behind on cherry-picks)

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 21st March 2019, 06:16

Gooncrawl has been installed on CKO using branch gooncrawl_stable (edit: changed to branch gooncrawl per request). The fork will be updated nightly between 3:30 and 6:00 AM EST. Please email or ping me on IRC if there are any problems including broken rcfiles or missing updates.

High scores for Gooncrawl games played on CKO can be found here (click Gooncrawl at the top): https://crawl.kelbi.org/morgue-test/highscores.html
Total scores here: https://crawl.kelbi.org/morgue-test/bes ... score.html
Last edited by floraline on Thursday, 21st March 2019, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author floraline has received thanks: 3
chequers, Floodkiller, TheMeInTeam

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 21st March 2019, 09:28

floraline wrote:High scores for Gooncrawl games played on CKO can be found here (click Gooncrawl at the top): https://crawl.kelbi.org/morgue-test/highscores.html

Would-be aggregate scores for Gooncrawl also exist here:
http://gooncrawl.montres.org.uk/

I say would-be because Floodkiller and I only knew where the logfile and milestones for CPO were, not CBRO or x-crawl.de, so these were actually Gooncrawl scores for CPO. However since on CKO they're in a fairly normal place, I've added CKO to this listing. I hope that's OK.

ETA: We have since found the logfile and milestones on CBRO so list scores on there (but the last one was in February.)
Last edited by damerell on Thursday, 8th August 2019, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

For this message the author damerell has received thanks: 3
chequers, Floodkiller, floraline

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 8th August 2019, 08:49

damerell wrote:
floraline wrote:High scores for Gooncrawl games played on CKO can be found here (click Gooncrawl at the top): https://crawl.kelbi.org/morgue-test/highscores-by-writemyessay-test.html

Would-be aggregate scores for Gooncrawl also exist here:
http://gooncrawl.montres.org.uk/

I say would-be because Floodkiller and I only knew where the logfile and milestones for CPO were, not CBRO or x-crawl.de, so these were actually Gooncrawl scores for CPO. However since on CKO they're in a fairly normal place, I've added CKO to this listing. I hope that's OK.

Hello,

When I click Gooncrawl, the page is going blank and I can't see the table. Then, when I go to the page once again, I need to clear cache and cookies to get it visible. Is there another way to access the High scores list? Thanks.
To be reasonable

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 8th August 2019, 16:14

brooksjo wrote:When I click Gooncrawl, the page is going blank and I can't see the table. Then, when I go to the page once again, I need to clear cache and cookies to get it visible. Is there another way to access the High scores list? Thanks.

I think this is a query about the per-variant scoring pages on CKO at https://crawl.kelbi.org/morgue-test/highscores.html? You can use http://gooncrawl.montres.org.uk/ for Gooncrawl high scores across CKO, CBRO, and CPO.

(Edited heavily as I've worked out what the problem is...)
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 15th January 2020, 21:31

Update: Added pledges, which are game modifiers chosen at game start. Most of them are similar to the banners in the DCSS tournaments, but there are a couple unique ones as well!

Also, new server! EatThePurple (FL, USA) @ https://crawl.eatthepurple.com:8081/#lobby

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 16th January 2020, 09:37

It sounded amusing and interesting at first, but then I realized it's going to be the most conservative Crawl fork ever. Or is it something typical for gamers at large? You could also call it Populist Crawl.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 16th April 2020, 12:37

Hi Floodkiller, hi folks,

I noticed your fork containing a pre 0.24 Vampire race implementation. If you are interested in something more interesting, feel free to take a look at my fork at https://github.com/danielrogowski/evilcrawl .

If you and your community board are interested, I'd implement one or more pull requests for your fork including one, some or all of my forks features.

Best regards and as always happy crawling,
Rogo

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner