Post Monday, 15th January 2018, 17:50

Character Build Selection Script

I've written a Python script that outputs potential character builds that will add to one's win-list of species, backgrounds or gods. Here is a sample output:
  Code:
MuIE DDNe MfMo MiFi ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
FeIE MiCK DsGl BaNe ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
DEFE VpNe HaHu HuWn ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
HuNe MuWz DrEE SpVM ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
OgBe DEVM VSFi FoCK ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
FoAK TrCK SpCj DDMo ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
BaBe HONe TrFi FeSk ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
BaIE DsNe HOFi HuHu ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
The first combo in each line is an unwon species paired with a recommended background. The second combo is an unwon background paired with a recommended species. The third combo is a recommended combo of won species and won background, with which I'd need to worship an unwon god. The last is a completely random combo without regard to recommendations. The script ensures that there are four unique species and backgrounds in each line and validates that if I've won the species and background already, that I'll be able to worship a new god. With four combos to choose from, I get a good chance to find something that strikes my fancy while still ensuring that if I win I'll add to my winlist. The circles let me tick off deaths; I've chosen to give the combo I choose from each line five tries before moving on to the next line. The output is designed to be copy-pasted from the Python shell output into a word processor for printing.

By example, with the first line above I've won IE but not Mu and DD but not Ne, so I could choose any god with these combos. I've won both Mf and Mo (though it was MfGl and TrMo) and both Mi and Fi (MiBe and CeFi) so I'd need to choose a new god. I chose MiFi for this line, and my first attempt is a ^Hepl about to enter Depths. On the next line I'll choose DsGl for its +3 Invo and try to win Qaz.

The Python 2.7 script can be found here: https://pastebin.com/43SRjqYA. Please be kind as I'm not a polished programmer.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

For this message the author MainiacJoe has received thanks:
Fingolfin