Most dangerous uniques (minus Sigmund)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th March 2011, 18:57

Re: Most dangerous uniques (minus Sigmund)

:lol:

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 14th March 2011, 20:24

Curio wrote:
whelen wrote:Nessos, Harold, Snorg, Gastronok, and Urug just spawned for me on a single level (which also contains the entrance to the lair). What the heck.

They gathered for a poker night. Gastronok was sent for beer as always. Maybe that's why they so freaking pissed off when they meet you. :roll:

If these then yelled yt you "Where's the beer?" and then they realized this is not ADOM ... Yep, no wonder they were angry ... :P
... and forgive us our YASDs,
As we forgive our developers,
And lead us not into the Abyss,
But deliver us from Sigmund,
For Thine is the Roguelike,
the Orb and the Victory,
now and forever.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 14th March 2011, 23:39

My felid berserker, who had happily charged every unique she met with great success (including Boris 3 times, my new record!), almost got her ass handed to her by Mennas the other day. It was the first time I'd met him and I sort of underestimated him. :oops: Fortunately, berserk lasted just long enough for her to escape his silence radius and teleport away. Unfortunately, I sort of had to kill him because he was wandering near the Swamp rune vault and I didn't want him picking a bad moment to reappear. Two berserking giants managed to kill him. Just. I think he counts as the most dangerous to me recently, at any rate! I'll be properly cautious next time!

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 15th March 2011, 10:44

Yes, Mennas is seriously nasty. He makes Boris seem like a walk in the park by comparison.

My DS Wizard of Chei nearly fell to him on D:26 recently - preciously few options when silenced, and that guy hits hard. Teleported out, saw a Storm Dragon, and got an idea...

Seven chunks later, I seek out Mennas with my seven Storm Dragon Simulacra. Despite fighting them one by one in a corridor, he fell to the last two :D

Pity I lost that character to Cerebov, going for an all-runer in a kind of irresponsible manner.
Crazy Yiuf mutters: "Good: bonuses. Bad: Boni. Ugly: Bonii!"

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 7th April 2011, 16:04

So I'm having an interesting time with uniques I can't kill in this game.

In the dungeon, I have a set of exclusions around St Roka. Fortunately he's asleep now, though he gave me a good smiting earlier.

In Snake, Mennas is lurking by some upstairs.

On Crypt:4, I ran into Margery, Frances, Boris and Mara.

Margery I lured upstairs and stranded (came very close to dying but Demonic Horde got in her way long enough for teleport to kick in). Frances I swarmed with minions, Boris I actually managed to kill. But as a Summoner without Abjuration, I think Mara is probably not a brilliant idea.

I really gotta find me some spellbooks!
I am sure I played flawflessly. This was an utmost unfair death. -- gorbeh

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 8th April 2011, 01:08

joellercoaster wrote:Signs that my character is now noticeably more powerful than any of my previous characters: Steamrolling Azrael and Saint Roka in quick succession.

Signs that I shouldn't get carried away: Getting fought to a standstill by Snorg and a few elves and having to scarper :oops:

Yeah, I just got mauled by Snorg; Rather irritating as he showed up right at the end of a fight and knowing I was too weak to face a named enemy (i was around 30 HP left) I hit a scroll of teleport and ran away, but he caught up to me and killed me before the teleport took effect.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 8th April 2011, 05:53

The only time Boris has ever been a threat to me was when he summoned up an orb of destruction at me, put me down to about 20 hp.. but then I just bashed in his face. Oh, and one time I saw him and summoned up allies, who then all exploded. :lol: But he's never been a significant threat yet.

Also fucking Mennas. Can't outrun him, can't cast spells to escape him, certainly can't beat him up unless you're stupidly powerful.
And Grinder. Grinder is like instant death if you're unlucky, I don't even try to beat him anymore unless I'm packing a wand of asskicking.
Louise is very fond of that banishment spell, eh? Luckily banishment can be resisted pretty easily if you've any +MR equipment at all, but she's still got me with it loads of times.

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 8th April 2011, 09:24

ghend wrote:The only time Boris has ever been a threat to me was when he summoned up an orb of destruction at me, put me down to about 20 hp.. but then I just bashed in his face. Oh, and one time I saw him and summoned up allies, who then all exploded. :lol: But he's never been a significant threat yet.

He was to me when he had the advantage of surprise (and I was very Ponderous):

Code:
  5.  170171 Joel the Brawler (level 18, -18/108 HPs)
             Began as a Sludge Elf Transmuter on Nov 5, 2010.
             Was the Champion of Cheibriados.
             Blown up by Boris (53 damage)
             ... with an orb of destruction

... on Level 21 of the Dungeon on Nov 10, 2010.

*sigh*

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 8th April 2011, 09:49

Grinder has a win to loss ratio of 1:4 on the online play servers counting only games from the Trunk version, where he's stronger than in 0.7. (Sigmund is 1:3.) That might be hard to beat.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 8th April 2011, 11:05

[quote="joellercoaster"]But as a Summoner without Abjuration, I think Mara is probably not a brilliant idea./quote]

But if you COULD cast abjuration, wouldn't the ghost that mara creates abjure all your summons?

Zot Zealot

Post Friday, 8th April 2011, 12:40

Not if I abjured it first :)

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 9th April 2011, 07:01

Mara. The sole reason why I have Yredemnul to mid game when I don't instantly switch. Without double-teaming the clone with my minions after separating it from Mara my high damage low-HP builds invariably die in three hits. Long-range casting + High weapons stats + low Fighting = ridiculously stupid situations wherein I appear behind myself after fireballing a patch of water and turning the area to mist and stab myself in the back.

Oddly I have no trouble with Sigmund. Surround him, run away, beat him up, it doesn't really take much trouble.

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 2nd May 2011, 21:55

minmay wrote:Oh, yeah, forgot about Prince Ribbit. Accounting for depth I'd say he's potentially the deadliest unique in the game.

Having just lost two Death Knights in quick succession to the blinky green bastard, I think I'd agree. The first one I nearly got away with, but the second one I came 'round the corner, there he was, and as I ran away he blinked into the corridor behind me while an orc blocked my way forward.

Sometimes you can't win for losin' :P

Joel
Thinking of starting a Prince Ribbit scoresheet
Previous

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner