No Fast Travel To Pan and Abyss?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Sunday, 12th November 2017, 21:25

No Fast Travel To Pan and Abyss?

Maybe I'm very inattentive, but there is no ctrl + g option to get to the closest Pan or Abyss portal. Is there a reason for this?
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
Spoiler: show
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 12th November 2017, 23:46

Re: No Fast Travel To Pan and Abyss?

I think it's an oddity too, FWIW you can search for 'abyss' or 'pan and select the portals to fast travel to the nearest relevant portal.

I suspect the rationale is that were you to accidentally fast travel into Pan or Abyss you couldn't easily return, but it is certainly kind of weird. (Really I'd generally like it if fast travel took you to the *entry* to the requested destination, rather than to the destination in question itself (So "Go to level" would stop you on the up/down staircase that would take you to the level you selected.) which would obviate
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
VeryAngryFelid

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Monday, 13th November 2017, 03:40

Use [Ctrl][F] "abyss" or "pande" to find the portal, and then go there from the search results menu just as you would to an item.
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 22nd November 2017, 23:50

Siegurt wrote:I suspect the rationale is that were you to accidentally fast travel into Pan or Abyss you couldn't easily return, but it is certainly kind of weird.

I don't think there's any rationale here at all - it's just an result of them being portals and not stairs which are two-way connected. You also can't fast travel to the volcano that generated in your game, the only difference is that pan and abyss are always there. It could be possible to add it, although there's more than one portal usually, so it'd probably have to pick one for you (likely just closest by travel distance). 98% of the time it'd make no difference, but if you wanted to go to a specific portal, I think the current interface is probably better.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner