New god- Blorki - God of living and undead

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:13

New god- Blorki - God of living and undead

Piety grants-
  Code:
Passive chance of negating a strike that would otherwise kill the player, costs a large amount of piety, chance rises with piety.

Piety * -Provides Life Protection 1 (Not applicable to beings with natural life protection 1 or higher.)

Piety ** - No bonus

Piety *** - Provides Life protection 2
Ability- Cleansing flames-like ability that either only deals damage to all the undead (If the PC is living) or only to the living (If the PC is undead). Power rises with invocation and piety. Costs piety and hunger

Piety **** - Provides life protection 3, fire protection 1 and cold protection 2.
Ability- Call Undead/Living companion- Calls either 3 undead fighters/casters (If living) or 3 living fighters/casters (If undead. Living fighters are more powerful than the undead fighters. Power of fighters and casters (Both types) rises with invocations. Costs a medium amount of piety.

Piety ***** - Ability - Transform to Dead/Living -Transforms the PC to undead (If living) or to living(If undead. Costs a large amount of piety. Effect persists even after the PC leaves Blorki's service.

Wrath-
  Code:
None. You get to leave with nothing but the permanent effect of Transform to Dead/living.

Likes-
Exploring the world.
Killing hostile non living things (Statues and gargoyles)
Dislikes - Nothing.
Effect of transform to dead-
  Code:
Gets the following innate resistances and immunities: Cold Resistance 1, Life Protection 3, Poison Resistance, Rot Resistance, and immunity to Torment. Removes a level of robust or adds a level to frail (Unless at frail 3).
Becomes vulnerable to holy stuff and dispel undead.
Classified as undead.
Removes the need to eat for all except vampires and ghouls.

Vampires get put at bloodless status.
Ghouls rot to their current HP.

Effect of transform to living -
  Code:
Removes all the innate resistances that the undead have. Grants a level of robust or removes a level of frail (unless at robust 3).
Classified as living (Can worship the good gods)
Vulnerable to torment.
Gives the food clock back to all.
Not affected by the holy stuff.
Removes natural rot from ghouls, gives the normal food clock to vampires and mummies.
Vampires can't get their hunger bonuses in this form.

Flavour - Basically a god that wants the living and the dead to get along with each other.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:23

Re: New god- Blorki - God of living and undead

Why would anyone transform to undead?

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:27

A bunch of protections? Resistance to torment and other stuff (Maybe? I'm not too good at this).Edit: Stronger god minions? Being able to affect living things with your god abilities. Foodless for scumming.
The main thing was transforming to living to join the good gods for ease of clearing the undead for the undead.
It might be a bad idea, but it's my idea.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:34

Those resistances are useless. By using transform to undead I lose my ability to improve my mutations, get a level of frail, lose access to the best necromancy spells, lose access to Zin (an extremely good late-game swap), and even become vulnerable to dispel undead and holy wrath, in exchange for some useless resistances. If this ability is going to exist it needs to have some absolutely massive advantage to be worth taking, because being undead, in itself, is extremely bad. It's also bizarre that you think giving you the ability to scum is a point in favour of this god.
Similarly, transform to living is incredibly powerful and pretty much every undead character will want to start with a good early game god, then swap to this god, get transform to living, use it, then abandon and worship a god with good abilities again. If you made it impossible to abandon (or at least impossible to worship another god) after using transform to living, it might be balanced, but I still don't like the idea of a god whose purpose is to remove a defining feature of your species.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
nago

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:43

The advantage can be that the living fighters and casters (Tengues, Ogres, Trolls, deep elves, humans, orcs) are considerably more dangerous than the undead fighters and low level undead casters (Which is what you would get at low invocations) (Generic Mummies, ghouls and vampires don't make good fighters). And given that there seem to be a lot of living characters in the game, the other abilities might balance that out?
And the transformation wasn't a one time thing in my mind, you can transform as long as you have enough piety to transform (Which is a lot).

For this message the author right hand has received thanks:
duvessa

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:47

Ohhhh. Repeatable transformation makes a lot more sense, yeah.

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:49

Most of my games I already Transform to Dead, usually by D:10 or before.

For this message the author Blobbo has received thanks: 3
Airwolf, nago, runewalsh

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 16:53

Secretly, the ability has the exact effect Blobbo is thinking about.

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner