New God - Hanula, God of the Fast

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it belongs here. Also, come here if you just need to get hammered.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 19th October 2017, 19:29

New God - Hanula, God of the Fast

Hanula, God of the Fast (And I don't mean anti-chei)

Hanula greatly appreciates it when you sacrifice food rations (nutrition/100 piety, not chunks)
Hanula likes it when you kill monsters while hungry (Higher chance of piety gain the hungrier you are)

Hanula's powers increase with the player's hunger, rather than the invocations skill

Hanula greatly dislikes it when you quaff potions or eat food (Excommunication)

Piety level ------: "Hungry"
Grants the player a slay bonus that increases with hunger. (Max +5)

Piety level *-----: "Temperant"
Break Fast (Moderate Piety) - Temporarily grants the 'Feast' status, allowing the player to eat and drink without excomunication. This ability has a fairly large cooldown. (Or perhaps the piety cost is large, but decreases the hungrier you are.)

Piety level **----: "Content"
Passive clarity

Piety level ***---: "Satisfied"
Invoke Hunger (MP, Hunger) - All monsters in LoS have a chance to become both confused and berserk, with larger creatures having a higher chance (Or perhaps some new 'Ravenous' status condition that forces attacks against the nearest living thing) (Maybe always succeeds vs animal intelligence creatures)

Piety level ****--: "Abstinant"
Increases the hunger-based slay bonus by 2

Piety level *****-: "Soporific"
The player can't die of starvation or faint from hunger. (Abilities with hunger costs still can't be used if hunger is too low)

Piety level ******: "Fulfilled"
Greatly increases the duration of potion effects (Can still only drink during feast)

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 19th October 2017, 20:01

Re: New God - Hanula, God of the Fast

continuumg wrote:Hanula, God of the Fast (And I don't mean anti-chei)

Hanula likes it when you kill monsters while hungry (Higher chance of piety gain the hungrier you are)

I can't really see this working out. That sounds like a very direct invitation for tedious, scummy gameplay.

How will this god interact with Vampires? Or Ghouls?

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 19th October 2017, 20:27

The 'scummy gameplay' is mitigated by the fact that the only time a player is allowed to eat is when they are on fast, which they may not want to spam if they're going to need to be drinking potions later. True, they could sit and wait until starving, but the increase in piety gain doesn't have to be enormous, I was thinking only 50% more than Mahkleb while the character is at 'Fainting' which, heads up, is not something player is going to want to be. (The player can still gain MP as long as they are not 'Full' or above.

Vampires and ghouls would be treated like any other race for this god. Ghouls, however will find it extremely difficult. (For Vampires, this god is a pretty good choice, but not, I think, OP.)

Even mummies can. However; their only means of increasing their piety is to find and sacrifice rations, and they won't gain any slay bonus or ability power from their hunger. So basically, all Mummies get is eventual clarity, and the ability to make enemies go crazy, but with weak power.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 20th October 2017, 04:42

continuumg wrote:The 'scummy gameplay' is mitigated by the fact that the only time a player is allowed to eat is when they are on fast, which they may not want to spam if they're going to need to be drinking potions later. True, they could sit and wait until starving, but the increase in piety gain doesn't have to be enormous, I was thinking only 50% more than Mahkleb while the character is at 'Fainting' which, heads up, is not something player is going to want to be. (The player can still gain MP as long as they are not 'Full' or above.

Vampires and ghouls would be treated like any other race for this god. Ghouls, however will find it extremely difficult. (For Vampires, this god is a pretty good choice, but not, I think, OP.)

Even mummies can. However; their only means of increasing their piety is to find and sacrifice rations, and they won't gain any slay bonus or ability power from their hunger. So basically, all Mummies get is eventual clarity, and the ability to make enemies go crazy, but with weak power.

It's just that, this feels like "vampire blood management" the god, and doesn't seem like it would be very fun.

For this message the author charlatan has received thanks: 2
nago, NhorianScum

Return to Crazy Yiuf's Corner